+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 7/18 Season 9 Premiere *Spoiers*

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: 7/18 Season 9 Premiere *Spoiers*

It amazes me that people who are on a team will do something like what the one woman was doing after the women's team lost - mouth off about the fact that she WON her point, so she shouldn't have to clean the kitchen . . . those who DIDN'T win their points should have to do it. You may have that opinion, but to actually voice it, you are setting yourself up as a target when the team has to vote on who to eliminate in the future.

I agree with those who would like to see co-ed teams from the beginning. Draw names out of a hat or something . . . the whole male/female team breakdown is just unnecessary in Hell's Kitchen. Do any of you think that a mixed team would result in women being eliminated earlier because of potential intimidation if there's an alpha male on each team, other than 2 alpha males battling it out on an all-male team?

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post

BTW, did they have the scene where the guy falls/faints in this one? If so, who was it and was it serious? I keep thinking though it was the fellow who was kicked out of the show this week.
    I have medical training and my guess would be the guy had a panic attack, perhaps combined with dehydration. I can't say for sure of course and he may have had health issues to begin with, high blood pressure, diabetes or something that contributed to his crises. From what I observed I don't think it was anything too serious, but he dropped out because he couldn't handle the show either physically, mentally or both.

Some of the contestants look entertaining at least, but I agree that I am getting tired of the same old food, and while I enjoy Ramsey's insults he could come up with a few new ones to add to his repetoire as well.

Why do they keep making risotto and scallops if they never turn out right???? ITs a joke at my house....
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Same here. I asked my husband last night why people who are going to be on the show don't practice making risotto, beef wellington and scallops?

Quote Originally Posted by Jezebella View Post
    Same here. I asked my husband last night why people who are going to be on the show don't practice making risotto, beef wellington and scallops?
    Ah yes, the infamous beef wellington! I think I could win hells kitchen if I could cook those three!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I can't believe that guy got so sick & had to leave!
    I'm also liking that Kupra, Kupta, sorry I can't remember her name. The one that made the horrible looking dish, but then was the only one that could cook on the women's team. Glad she put the other mouthy one in her place!
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post

I don't know how they keep convincing people to show up on opening night. No one ever gets their food on time, and they have to listen to Ramsey scream at the chefs all night long. Not my idea of a great night out.
    I know. Do these diners get paid? If not, then why on earth do they come, especially in the early rounds when they know there's little chance they'll get to eat? And I wouldn't like sitting in that balcony. Great view there--your chefs screwing up your dinner and Ramsay going nuts because of it. That'd sure give me a big appetite.

I'd also like to know why the contestants don't start practicing certain preparations as soon as they know they're cast. They know they're going to be cooking beef wellington. They know they're going to be doing scallops. They know they're going to make risotto. For heaven's sake, why don't they save themselves some aggravation and figure out how to make those dishes quickly before they show up? Heck, they ought to start practicing them as soon as they apply.
    That has to be the biggest question in the history of this show. Maybe future contestants should practice these things while having a relative scream at them.

And why, after all these seasons, hasn't Chef Ramsey come up with a new menu? I'm tired of the same dishes, and I'm not even eating them.
    Maybe because those are supposed to be easy dishes?
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    It amazes me that people who are on a team will do something like what the one woman was doing after the women's team lost - mouth off about the fact that she WON her point, so she shouldn't have to clean the kitchen . . . those who DIDN'T win their points should have to do it. You may have that opinion, but to actually voice it, you are setting yourself up as a target when the team has to vote on who to eliminate in the future.
    I know. What happened to team work? Yes, I know it sucks that your team lost. Get over it. Lording it over your teammates just puts a giant target on your back.

I kind of felt sorry for the guy who got eliminated. He was right, at least he and Chino got some food served.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

FORT Fogey

I agree with those who would like to see co-ed teams from the beginning. Draw names out of a hat or something . . . the whole male/female team breakdown is just unnecessary in Hell's Kitchen. Do any of you think that a mixed team would result in women being eliminated earlier because of potential intimidation if there's an alpha male on each team, other than 2 alpha males battling it out on an all-male team?

Even if the men on a mixed team consistently put up the women, Ramsey seems to have the final say. On more than one occasion, we've seen him pull in a third nominee, because he didn't like the ones put up and eliminate the person he wanted to see go anyway--and since he's in the kitchen with them, he can see who's pulling his/her weight and who's not (in Ramsey's opinion anyway). I'd hope that if any team deliberately put up people who didn't deserve to be there over people who did simply because of gender that Ramsey would call them on it. He has a lot of faults, but he doesn't seem to be a deliberately sexist pig--he yells at everyone equally.

I'd also like to think that since whether or not anyone goes up on the block depends on whether his/her team wins the service that gender would matter less, and everyone would simply want to get rid of the weakest links in the early rounds, because it would increase the chances that they might do better as a team down the road. Nobody gets to play as an individual until very near the end on this show.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12