Hell's Kitchen - 10/6/10

Didn't anyone else watch tonight?

Don't worry - you didn't miss much.

Re: Hell's Kitchen - 10/6/10

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian;4078793;
    Didn't anyone else watch tonight?

Don't worry - you didn't miss much.
    I just watched it....on DVR.
    glad Raj is gone. Couldn't believe the shot of him shoveling food into his mouth while service was going on.
    Laughed out loud when Trev asked Gail if she'd like to make out!! If a girl wants to make out, I'm pretty sure a guy would know! How really odd! Like, Hello, I have nothing else to do so let's make out. sheesh!

Sorry to see Louie kicked out. He was probably the only decent one to look at in the show.
    Sabrina is unbelievable in many many ways but probably makes for good TV.

I'm confused. I thought Raj got kicked off last week.

Last night I saw the pathetically childish Sabrina demonstrate once again why nobody can stand her. Has she gone through her entire life this way? It must have been very lonely....I was glad when Trevor yelled at her in the kitchen, and even happier when Ramsay did.

I also felt sorry for the men in the first episode. They were right, it looked like they got screwed. At least a couple of their dishes looked better than the women's. I agreed that those kids looked silly picking the women.

And haute cuisine at a prom? Geesh, I thought our prom was elegant because we had a chocolate fountain.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

How is Sabrina still there????? God her attitude alone would make me get rid of her.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

I have found very few people in Hell's Kitchen to actually be likeable. Not just talking about this season but the history of the show.

Was it just me, or did that prom committee seem to fit the stereotype of snarky rich kids? Although I didn't agree that what's-his-name should cop an attitude with them, I did sympathize with him. I would have been sorely tempted to do the same. I was really glad that he channeled his energy into something more positive by using it to motivate the men in the kitchen.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred;4080049;
    Was it just me, or did that prom committee seem to fit the stereotype of snarky rich kids? Although I didn't agree that what's-his-name should cop an attitude with them, I did sympathize with him. I would have been sorely tempted to do the same. I was really glad that he channeled his energy into something more positive by using it to motivate the men in the kitchen.
    By this season the contestants should know what the show is about and what is going to be expected of them: not just cooking but cleaning, unloading trucks, prep work, and anything else that is dished out for punishment.

For them to come on the show and then to complain about having to do prep like Sabrina does or having to put up prom decorations is just silly. If they didn't watch the previous shows to prepare themselves for competing this season then they are just plain old stupid.

I actually thought the kids were quite tolerable and perfectly entitled to ask for things how they should be. Vinny acted like a huge whiner in regards to the kids choosing the other dish (it did look better than hi), and Russell was a complete jerk. He acted like it even before the kids mentioned he had a bad attitude, because no sooner than one of the girls mentioned the kitchen, Russell acted like she had insulted his mother, when she only made a normal, non-insulting comment about how teamwork and kitchen go together. Shame none of the kids actually got bratty and tossed something upside his head.

I mean, I don't get it. I understand complaining about losing a challenge, but it gets on my last nerve when these people go all "I came here to cook, not do this and this and that". Looks like they just get people who never watch Hell's Kitchen. In here, if you lose, you get punished, suck it up and be done with it, otherwise you look like a drama queen. Then again, these are Hell's Kitchen contestants we're talking about...

And it was nice to see Trev do well for his new team, especially when he was all over Sabrina, but he is still a whiner too. Ah, scratch that, every single guy left is irritating. Trev's currently the only remotely tolerable one. At least the women have Gail and Nona, I find them both likeable and sure wish the final 2 is between them. Come to think of it, the scallops thing here has been Nona's single mishap in cooking during dinner service since the beginning, so I rather like her chances right now.

FORT Fogey

Halibut, scallops, risotto have been staples since season one. If you are going to go on this show, why do you not know how to cook these things?

I also agree with everyone else that it seems odd they complain about punishments. If I knew I was going to be on a show, I would make sure I saw any previous episodes to know what I was in for. It is like noone prepares for anything anymore. Ramsey seems to ask them to cook the same things every season, so why not learn about the dishes more.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;4081462;
    Halibut, scallops, risotto have been staples since season one. If you are going to go on this show, why do you not know how to cook these things?

I also agree with everyone else that it seems odd they complain about punishments. If I knew I was going to be on a show, I would make sure I saw any previous episodes to know what I was in for. It is like noone prepares for anything anymore. Ramsey seems to ask them to cook the same things every season, so why not learn about the dishes more.
    Dont forget Beef Wellington!

+ Reply to Thread