+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 8/3 Show Discussion Thread - **SPOILERS**

Re: 8/3 Show Discussion Thread - **SPOILERS**

Nah. Ben would 100% sabotage Holli. In a heartbeat. He's a major pig and would cut his own hand off before he'd HELP her win, so sabotage wouldn't be all that far off.

If he sabotaged Jay though it would effectively be the same thing as HELPING Holli, and again he'd never do that. Ever. So even though he's enough of an egotist to want to make Jay lose... he won't do it if there's even a remote chance it might help Holli.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;4023048;
    Nah. Ben would 100% sabotage Holli. In a heartbeat. He's a major pig and would cut his own hand off before he'd HELP her win, so sabotage wouldn't be all that far off.

If he sabotaged Jay though it would effectively be the same thing as HELPING Holli, and again he'd never do that. Ever. So even though he's enough of an egotist to want to make Jay lose... he won't do it if there's even a remote chance it might help Holli.
    Hadn't thought of it that way. Just figured he's sabotage anybody that wasn't him. Maybe he's hoping Jay would give him a job in London. "Cheerio, Chef" instead of "Oui, Chef."
    Warning . . . I have a black belt in Facebook, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Holli won the challenge, which was a lovely cruise on the ocean with her son and his father. Do we know for sure they are divorced or were ever married? I'm still troubled that the show could bring on a strong candidate with a very young son and if she won she would be tearing the boy away from his father by moving overseas.

Thanks for the heads up on Ben...I can now sit back and enjoy the show!

I thought she indicated that her baby daddy would be coming along with her and her son? I could be wrong though.

I have really only watched bits and pieces of this show this season. Has Ben acted like a big whiny baby the whole time? He was just annoying as all get out tonight

Yes, Ben has acted like a whiny-a** baby the whole season. Keeps going on about what a superior chef he is but I sure haven't seen it.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;4023026;
    Yes, AZ, he's gone. Hallelujah!

Next week's result is kind of obvious, but I guess I'll watch anyway. Not only is Blue Hair a lot more experienced, but it looks from the preview like he gets the slightly less incompetent team. Holli gets stuck with Nilka, who's mean and petty, Fran, who's totally incompetent, and I think it looked like she got Autumn too--who's mere presence in a kitchen will drive others in the kitchen to do worse. I didn't catch the rest of Holli's team, but clearly Blue Hair gets Ben, so at least Holli doesn't have to worry about deliberate sabotage, and I saw Jason too. Not sure if the teams are all single gender or if their picks just leaned in that general direction.
    I'm not sure it's so obvious. Holli's won an awful lot of challenges.

But also, the first four seasons had alternating male/female winners. We were predicting the winner based on gender. IMO, sometimes Ramsey picked the lesser chef to stick to the gender "plan". With the last two winners being men, I'm guessing that Holli's going to be the winner unless she really screws up. (I'm not saying this is the way I think the winner should be chosen, but it certainly appeared to have been in the past.)

I'd like to see Holli win, and I think she's capable of doing the job. Interesting idea about alternating genders winning...

FORT Newbie

Had to log in and make sure Ben got the boot. All the drama what a jerk.
    Hope Holli wins, but Jay is okay too.

I'm 99% sure Holli said her son lived with his father in an earlier episode, and then this episode said that if she moved to London they'd both be moving with her. Not sure how easy or difficult it is to get long term immigration and work permits in the UK, depending on what the baby Daddy does and considering the fact that they aren't married. Hopefully if she does get the job she can bring baby, his Daddy, his grandparents etc with her.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast