+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 7/27 Show Discussion Thread - **SPOILERS**

Never too old to Twinkle! AZChristian's Avatar

7/27 Show Discussion Thread - **SPOILERS**

Looks like I'm the only one watching this evening!

Ben - the instructor - is a crummy teacher.

Jay won the first challenge and picked Holli to go with him on the reward - a ride on the Goodyear blimp. Color me jealous - that looks like it would be a lot of fun!

Good grief - Ben just said he thinks Holli is a tramp. Oh well, does the opinion of an idiot really matter?
    Last edited by AZChristian; 07-27-2010 at 10:28 PM.

Re: 7/27 Show Discussion Thread - **SPOILERS**

I'm watching, too! I'm on Pacific time. I can't stand Ben! He freakin' drives me crazy. When will he learn to talk to the other chefs? I have a feeling he'll be the one to leave next.

Ben swears more and more all the time. I think he thinks it makes him seem more like Gordon.

Pleasantly surprised that Jay put Ben up for elimination. And the person eliminated is . . .

Nobody.

Darn.

When Autumn went back in line we were jumping up and down thinking Oui-Ben was OUT. Also, no such luck.... awww. I wish Gordon would call Ben out on his fake french habit of saying "Oui Chef" all the time. I can only hope for next week.

Well, I have to admit I was surprised that no one was eliminated but am glad that he will eliminate two people next week.

I'm hoping for sure Ben is out next week and then the other is a toss-up. I have to admit that if Autumn is in the bottom two, she will also be out unless Jay or Holli crash and burn seriously.

Right now, it looks like it'll be that duo for the final two.

Its hard to decide who's more delusional, slimy arrogant misogynist Ben, or foolish dimwitted incompetent Autumn.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;4009329;
    Its hard to decide who's more delusional, slimy arrogant misogynist Ben, or foolish dimwitted incompetent Autumn.
    I'm voting for Autumn because I always feel that the person who believes that others are "intimidated" by them are delusional.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Based on edits, I think Autumn is the only one who can win here, and definitely not to be head chef at the Savoy, maybe an apprentice somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio;4009136;
    When Autumn went back in line we were jumping up and down thinking Oui-Ben was OUT. Also, no such luck.... awww. I wish Gordon would call Ben out on his fake french habit of saying "Oui Chef" all the time. I can only hope for next week.
    On "Master Chef" after "Hell's Kitchen" last night, one of the contestants had an exaggerated way of pronouncing French cooking terms. So Gordon starts speaking with him in French and the guy about died, because he spoke VERY little actual French.

In my dream world, I got to thinking how funny it would be if Gordon did that to Ben. How much more stupid can this guy look?

Ben is really weird even in his huge jerk moments. What with his whole shtick of going all French oui oui, his ceaseless prattling over how the others don't have any passion or skills and he does, his endless ramblings and insults on why he doesn't like the other chefs, mainly the girls (and last night's bachelor, who didn't owe him anything since he wasn't competing, he was just being honest). "She's so stupid, bleep bleep bleep, curse word, curse word, curse word, more bleeps. I'm so over her!" Seriously, is he trying to audition for the role of main antagonist in Mean Girls 2?

I can't believe the golden opportunity of eliminating him was passed over by Ramsay. Despite some mistakes she makes, Autumn has indeed been getting better during dinner services, and Jay and Holli are front-runners. Benjamin? I don't care how good a cook he is, this is the seventh dinner service in a row where he doesn't communicate with his team properly and refuses to accept help from others when he's in a pinch. How is he still even in there? Is Ramsay so intent on giving this guy a chance to win that he'll gloss over 7 dinner services of lack of communication and teamwork to keep him in the running?
    Last edited by Rembrant; 07-28-2010 at 02:13 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast