+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hell's Kitchen 7/6 Minicap: Hey, I Didn't Order Sushi!

Hell's Kitchen 7/6 Minicap: Hey, I Didn't Order Sushi!

Weíre halfway through - arenít you impressed by who is left? No? Itís slim pickings this year, for sure. I'm starting to wonder if any of these people could run a McDonald's, never mind a high end restaurant.

Chef Ramsay starts out the night with a trick - he plates up a cooked frozen dinner and asks the ďchefsĒ what they think. They all rant about it like itís the best thing since sliced bread. Shame on them, snarks Ramsay. Itís nasty frozen chicken that was made months ago. Jay tries to backpedal, saying he thought the meat was watery, but nobodyís buying it. Just hush and admit you messed up, blue hair.

Palate challenge! Weíve got Brussels sprouts, pork tenderloin, sweet potato, and coconut. Fran blew all four, and Autumn only got the coconut. Chickpeas, trout, heart of palm, fennel, kidney beans, butter lettuce, mussels, cashews, cilantro and eggplant are all spooned up - and man, do these people suck. Both teams tie with three measly points, until Jay breaks the tie with the eggplant. Blue team gets a VIP pass to Sea World where they swim with dolphins and hobnob with other denizens of the sea.

The red team? Gets to unload a truckload of ice, which almost puts half of them in the emergency room, wheezing. Ben whines about the whiners on his team, then signs an invoice for wine that shouldnít have been delivered there. Duh-huh.

The menus for the dinner service will be created by the teams. Yes, thatís as frightening as it sounds. Ben tries to take over, Nilka pouts (the start of a bad night for her), and the blue team actually has their stuff together and creates a tasty sounding menu. Ramsay rips Benís entrees to shreds, calling them nasty and/or boring, but he just loved Holliís desserts. The blue team fares no better, with Chef dumping some of their dishes on the counter. Guess it sounded better than it tasted. They scramble to improve their lackluster dishes before dinner service starts.

The diners are mostly choosing items off the blue teamís menu, leaving the red team and Benís one man screw-up show standing around, looking silly. The blues struggle to keep up with the mound of orders. Youíd think the red team could manage to get their very few orders out correctly, butÖyouíd be wrong! Fran hacks up a chicken breast, leaving half of it on the bone and earning herself a solid chewing out from Ramsay. Autumn must have wanted one too, as she plates up raw pork and has to go apologize and explain to the hungry customers why their food is taking an eternity.

Itís one of the worst dinner services Iíve seen yet, but the two All-Star screw ups of the night are Autumn and Fran, with Ben and Jason running a close third and fourth. Fran even earned herself some quality time in the storage room with Ramsay over her raw chicken. Somehow, the diners were all served before the next day dawned - after Holli rocked the desserts, each team was directed to nominate one loser. Autumn and Fran are said losers, with Fran getting the boot.

Hallelujah. Autumn gets sent back to the red team, much to the delight of the blues.

And here begins hour two with this group of dingbats.

Autumn bawls over her second chance, and the red team is surprisingly happy to have her back. Hugs are passed around. Letís see if that lasts.

Challenge time, and each team gets a ten pound lobster to work with. Each is bestowed with a name: Salvatore and Siobhan. Hee! After dividing up the meat, every team member has to come up with a dish to wow Ramsay. The red team sits out Nilkaís dish. Itís probably a good thing. A trio of Michelin star chefs judges the food, with Holli getting the winning point for her team. Egomaniacs Ben and Jay got nothing for their craptastic dishes.

Red team gets 1000 bucks to go high end shopping (also: they scarf some high dollar caviar and wine), blue team pouts and cleans the dorms. And they get to prep both kitchens. Well, they were supposed to, anyway. They never did get to their own kitchen, but it doesnít matter: Ramsay merges them all into the red kitchen. And they only get two and a half hours to complete dinner service, since all the diners are going to the theater afterwards. Or, the emergency room, if Jay undercooks the shellfish again.

Nilka starts the night off with a bang by undercooking the scallops, then the fish. Whatever her deal is, sheís falling apart. Ramsay calls her aside and tells her to get a grip. Cue the waterworks. She returns, but canít focus. She sends up raw lobster and Ramsay tells her to piss off and leave the kitchen - she has the gall to yell back ďIím LEAVING!Ē when Chef prods her to leave faster. Bad move. Ramsay screams back to take off her jacket and go, which causes her to have a meltdown and beg not to be sent home. This, after throwing a wet floor sign around in the lobby.

She refuses to leave, and wanders back into the kitchen to beg some more while the others are busting their behinds to get orders out. Ramsay goes ballistic, and she almost has to be dragged kicking and screaming out of the kitchen. She finally stomps off before Chef blows a gasket.

Amazingly, the kitchen gets it together and serves everyone in time. Ramsay cools off and meets Nilka outside and gives her some encouragement before she leaves. And tries to take her jacket back, but she refuses. He lets her keep it, and off she goes in her taxi.

After some backstabbing and nastiness, the two chosen for elimination are Ed and Autumn. Ramsay decides to boot noone, tricking Ed into thinking he was going home before handing out the black team jackets. Poor guy looked like he was about to wet himself.

So - final six! And more tricks from Ramsay next week, when he brings some new blood into the mix. Youíve made it this far in the season, donít give up nowÖ
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Re: Hell's Kitchen 7/6 Minicap: Hey, I Didn't Order Sushi!

Nilka didn't keep her jacket, she gave it to Ramsay.

Other than that, great recap.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum;3967976;
    Nilka didn't keep her jacket, she gave it to Ramsay.

Other than that, great recap.
    Yes - because he said - Give me your jacket, she said something to the effect of either I want to keep it or do I have to? and he said give me the jacket and got her into the cab and wished her well....
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

@ least they finally got rid of Nilka. That was so hilarious the way she blew up @ Ramsay and then begs him. to take her back after he threw her out of the kitchen for good. HOW PATHETIC.. The only thing she suceeded that night was shooting off her mouth & got nailed in the coffin.
    Last edited by Jackieblue824; 07-07-2010 at 10:02 AM.
    The Bachelorette: Ali Fedotowsky

Fun recap -- thank you!
    We’re halfway through - aren’t you impressed by who is left? No? It’s slim pickings this year, for sure. I'm starting to wonder if any of these people could run a McDonald's, never mind a high end restaurant.
    I swear, I think casting just highjacks a short bus, says "Who wants to be on TV?" and -- voilŗ! -- there's the cast for this season's Hell's Kitchen.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Ramsay tells her to piss off and leave the kitchen - she has the gall to yell back “I’m LEAVING!” when Chef prods her to leave faster. Bad move. Ramsay screams back to take off her jacket and go, which causes her to have a meltdown and beg not to be sent home. This, after throwing a wet floor sign around in the lobby.
    She refuses to leave, and wanders back into the kitchen to beg some more while the others are busting their behinds to get orders out. Ramsay goes ballistic, and she almost has to be dragged kicking and screaming out of the kitchen. She finally stomps off before Chef blows a gasket.
    I'm surprised Ramsay didn't call security to hall her out of the kitchen. She sure made a complete of herself.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackieblue824;3968174;
    I'm surprised Ramsay didn't call security to hall her out of the kitchen. She sure made a complete of herself.
    I think she was given an opportunity to calm down and then somewhat redeem herself.

Quote Originally Posted by just1paul;3967978;
    Yes - because he said - Give me your jacket, she said something to the effect of either I want to keep it or do I have to? and he said give me the jacket and got her into the cab and wished her well....
    Ah, I must not have been paying attention there! Thanks for the correction.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

That is alright. Actually I am surprised I watched any of it.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

+ Reply to Thread