+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Holli - Season 7

Re: Holli - Season 7

It's sealed--I'm pulling for Holli. Definitely against Ben. And (this is inappropriate) the show seems to be C-blocking Jay by bringing in her ex multiple times.
    I don't know man I don't know man I don't know man I don't know I don't know

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks;4012599;
    I hope so, because if she wins and the prize is still something in London, who gets screwed on visitation rights over that sweet little boy? Why wouldn't the producers screen contestants for issues like that?
    Well, she does, since the child lives with his father. Holli did mention taking them both along to London (perhaps she pays alimony?) but I get the sense she doesn't spend much time with her son if the dad has custody.

Not only does her son live with his Dad, but lives halfway across the country from her. Her priorities and maturity are in question for me, even though I think she's fairly likeable and a good chef.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I'm kind of perplexed that her child's custody is even an issue. She's an aspiring chef, who undoubtedly works long hours and go where the work is best for her career path. If the father has a more regular schedule, why shouldn't he have custody? She clearly loves her child and has a relationship of some cordial sort with the ex, so maybe this is just the best thing for them right now. Plus, she said if she won, she'd bring her ex and her child with her to London. I hope she gets the chance.

I guess her child's living arrangements do show that her career is a higher priority to her than her child, which is a good thing if you are looking for a head chef for your restaurant. Not such a good thing for the child though.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl;4028056;
    I'm kind of perplexed that her child's custody is even an issue. She's an aspiring chef, who undoubtedly works long hours and go where the work is best for her career path. If the father has a more regular schedule, why shouldn't he have custody? She clearly loves her child and has a relationship of some cordial sort with the ex, so maybe this is just the best thing for them right now. Plus, she said if she won, she'd bring her ex and her child with her to London. I hope she gets the chance.
    I agree. If the situation were the other way around and Holli was a guy with his child and ex living half way across the country these questions wouldn't come up.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Really, I don't even see why that's even an issue in the 21st century.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;4029885;
    I agree. If the situation were the other way around and Holli was a guy with his child and ex living half way across the country these questions wouldn't come up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellen
    Really, I don't even see why that's even an issue in the 21st century.
    If it were a guy, and I heard that he lived halfway across the country, I would call him an absentee father, a bit of a dog, and selfish. I think anyone who has a child is responsible to be "present" to parent that child, despite their own dreams and desires.
    I don't see how it's not permissable to see Holli as somewhat neglectful and selfish as well.

Perhaps. But its worth noting that Chefs, more than most people, have to live where the work is. It's not a problem if you are a fry cook obviously, and can work at any diner or something, but if you want to be a Chef at a fine dining restaurant, there are only so many positions, and to get the right one you relocate.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

In this situation, Holli is gleefully talking about relocating to Europe. I missed the part about bringing both of them with her if she wins, and that makes me feel much better about it. It isn't a gender issue. The boy needs both parents. Maybe to be a successful chef the other parent needs to be especially flexible. Barring that, you don't just follow your dreams without being a cad to your little one.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast