+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 7/1 Show Discussion ***SPOILERS***

Re: 7/1 Show Discussion ***SPOILERS***

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3094511;
    actually from the preview it looks like Petrozza chooses Jen, I really think he wants to lose this . Who else was annoyed with Christina tonite, I didn't choose stripes for the restaurant and then they show her saying she wanted stripes what a witch.
    When you think about it, you've got a guy who has dehabilitating migraines, and could really make you look bad when he slows down production. On the other hand, you've got a girl who has some annoying habits and an attitude problem, but can pump out good food when she puts her nose to the grindstone.

Quote Originally Posted by Badseed;3094731;
    When you think about it, you've got a guy who has dehabilitating migraines, and could really make you look bad when he slows down production. On the other hand, you've got a girl who has some annoying habits and an attitude problem, but can pump out good food when she puts her nose to the grindstone.
    You could also argue that you've got a guy who's at worst, useless, and hopefully in the final comp he won't be stuck on an essential station they aren't allowed to swap him out of, versus a woman who may be WORSE than useless if she gets it in her head to intentionally sabotage things. Which she's fully capable of doing.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion

I think I'd choose Matt. He did have a good service (or maybe a service and a half) when he went over to the girls' team.

In Jen's PI, she said she wants to do well to make Gordon second guess his eliminating her. That's a good attitude to have - but I wouldn't trust her to keep that attitude. If Petrozza or Christina criticized her at all, I could easily see her turning on him.

[Anybody remember the year that the 3 guys chosen by one semifinalist refused to work for him unless he signed a contract saying that if he won, he'd pay them each a couple thousand dollars? At least these eliminated contestants seem to have better attitudes.]

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion

Quote Originally Posted by RyGal;3094531;
    There has been very little talent this year... it was pretty bad, but yet I still watched.

oh well, maybe next week's finale will show something good. Were there "next week previews"?

Yeah, awful talent. They definitely need a new casting director.

The previews weren't much. Some kitchen shots during dinner service but no dramatic scenes. Christina's team is in red; Petrozza's in royal blue. There was a shot of Jen in what looked like black - it could be a shot from a previous episode or maybe the lighting made the red or blue look black. There's another shot of the semifinalists with keys in their hands ready to see if the door to their restaurant opens. That was about it, I think.

Teach your children well Uncle David's Avatar

The previews for next week certainly make it look like Matt is on Christina's team.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    One of the last shots in the preview is a close up of Corey standing next to another red jacketed chef. What little we can see of the other chef can only be Matt.
    I'm not surprised. Petrozza may think he'll be able to appeal to Jen's ego and sense of revenge by picking her. Jen has an ax to grind with Christina and Corey. That could be used to fire her up.

I did find Christina a bit annoying this week. I've been a fan of her's for a while now, but tonight she set the tone for me to be happy with either her or Petrozza winning it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kip;3095125;
    [Anybody remember the year that the 3 guys chosen by one semifinalist refused to work for him unless he signed a contract saying that if he won, he'd pay them each a couple thousand dollars? At least these eliminated contestants seem to have better attitudes.]
    It was Virginia is Season 2. I liked how she (Virginia) started out by saying that she chose the weaker chefs so she would show Chef Ramsay that she could lead anyone. Not the best thing to say to your staff.

As for having Jen on your team, I can't help to compare her to Omarosa, thinking she's great but (deliberately or undeliberately?) sabotaging your team leader. As for her wanting to do well so that Ramsay regrets eliminating her, I can see why you'd want that, but in her case I feel like she's expecting him to choose her instead. I can also see her sabotaging the team in a way to not make it seem like it was her.

Well, I guess my view of Jen isn't the most flattering.

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3094511;
    Who else was annoyed with Christina tonite, I didn't choose stripes for the restaurant and then they show her saying she wanted stripes what a witch.

I was annoyed with her as well. She was acting like such diva. Whats up with that? She has been pretty quite & nice for most of the season. And she did say how much she liked & wanted stripes.
    ~Supernatural Addict~

I will agree, I didn't care much for her today and was rooting for Patrozza. Although, was it just me or did he seem to act/look like he was high when he was talking about his restaurant menu and the look/decor he wanted? Maybe he was tired. But he was loopy for sure.

Yeah, he definitely seemed loopy.

And it does look like Jen is on Patrozza's team. Good luck to him! But then again, Christina gets stuck with Matt.

It should be interesting!
    ~Supernatural Addict~

I think since the editing indicated Petrozza would more likely choose Jen that it pretty much assures he will choose Matt. ;^)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast