+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 6/24 Show Discussion ***SPOILERS***

Re: 6/24 Show Discussion ***SPOILERS***

Quote Originally Posted by Badseed;3081636;
    Virginia won, and Heather + Keith were quick to call shenanigans, because Virginia had a copy of Chef's book, and they figured that she read the recipe from there
    Which makes me wonder why, oh why, future contestants haven't memorized his books. (It also makes me wonder how many signature dishes GR claims.)

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks;3081149;
    Matt is also in the line-up. I'd take Jen over him.

Let's see... Matt, Jen, Ben, Corey, Bobby and LouRoss.
    I'd take Matt over Jen...I can see her being nasty and underhanded on the line, plus she hates taking orders. As long as Matt doesn't get flustered (and keeps the sweat out of the dishes!), he'll be fine...but he'll also be easier to work around if he's having problems.

My picks would be Corey, Bobby, and LouRoss, but I doubt anyone will want a team with Matt, Jen, and Ben ;-)

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini;3084403;
    I'd take Matt over Jen...I can see her being nasty and underhanded on the line, plus she hates taking orders. As long as Matt doesn't get flustered (and keeps the sweat out of the dishes!), he'll be fine...but he'll also be easier to work around if he's having problems.

My picks would be Corey, Bobby, and LouRoss, but I doubt anyone will want a team with Matt, Jen, and Ben ;-)
    Matt may be incompetent, but you can work with that. You can plan around incompetent. Jen has already proven she is vindictive enough to throw you under the bus. There's no way to anticipate what she might do to sabotage you. I'd take Matt over Jen without hesitation.

My picks would be Corey, Bobby and Ben.

Jen was a problem when she still thought she was in the competition and she thought her sabotage efforts could benefit her. That wouldn't have to be the case now, although I wouldn't want to underestimate her narcissist tendencies.

I miss the interviews from last season. They put a lot into perspective.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks;3084515;
    I wouldn't want to underestimate her narcissist tendencies.
    With $250,000 on the line, only a fool would.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini;3084403;
    I'd take Matt over Jen...I can see her being nasty and underhanded on the line, plus she hates taking orders.
    I'd take Matt or anyone else over Jen if my shot at winning was riding on one outing. I may be wrong, but she strikes me as the only person that would sabotage your effort intentionally just because she believed you didn't deserve to be there instead of her.

I expect lackluster performances from more than a few of the losers coming back to help out, but no one with the kind of chip-on-the-shoulder-as-constant-companion that I can envision Jen having.

Though I thought she, just like so many others got a bit of a bum rap from Ramsey when he starts fixating on negative personal characteristics. Yes, Jen tended to slow down a bit too much when she'd be taken to task, but there is NO WINNING possible when you attract that dude's undivided attention. EVERY outing he rails against one or more or all and almost invariably when someone corrects behavior after getting lambasted by him, he's there ripping them anew moments later for having overcorrected.

HE's the problem more than them in that regard. He ought to be medicated or stapped down somewhere serenely calm other than the fact I'm so entertained by his irrational histronics.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;3084472;
    Matt may be incompetent, but you can work with that.
    It's pretty easy to just sit him in a corner when he starts crying.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3084847;
    It's pretty easy to just sit him in a corner when he starts crying.

Is that before or after he leaves a piece of himself in the stew?

So, anyone NOT know what is going to happen tonight? The episodes have become so formulaic I anticipate being very bored tonight. Couldn't we please just skip to the Jen screw-ups (which I anticipate will be next week)? LOL

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234