+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 6/10 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 6/10 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I'm surprised that Jen would eat scraps of food, but let's be honest, I know that if the reward were being rubbed in my face like that, then I'd have a little "who cares" attitude

So has GR redacted all the mean things he said about Christina last week?

No surprise that upon elimination, Bobby wouldn't shut up.

Next week: someone pisses off the chef by carelessly leaving him hot pans. My guess is Petrozza, as he is the most careless in the competition

Also, I have a sneaking suspicion that the mystery guests are moms & dads, like they do every year

Quote Originally Posted by ilovefootball25;3049716;
    I've heard that alot of chefs smoke...something to relieve the stress of being in the kitchen all the time.
    I find it very ironic, since smoking destroys your tastebuds, and having a great palate is essential to the job.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I guess I am the only person who is surprised that Petrozza was not nominated/eliminated this week. Why do people always keep talking about how dirty he is....and he admits it....and he still stays. That is just gross, and I don't get it.

I thought Corey and Christina were, supposedly, friends but they readily backstab each other. After playing buddy-buddy while slicing up Jen, they went after each other. Geez...with friends like that, who needs enemies? What witches!

I, for one, like Jen's confidence and general ability. I didn't think she showed a bad attitude tonight, at all. She could have shown a lot more negativity tonight, easily, IMO. I've seen her demonstrate worse attitude, so I don't know where all of the crap was coming from tonight. GR was crawling up her arse; Jean Pierre was leading people away from her dishes intentionally....to be fair, she did have some trouble cooking tonight, but that is unusual for her. She IS a threat to Christina and Corey, the doublemint witches.

I think all of the chefs smoking is just so nasty. What an unappetizing habit.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I guess everyone hates Christina now because she won the challenge. That's the thing, none of the winners thus far have ever won an individual challenge, except when Michael won the final 2 challenge, but that doesn't really count because Ralph was the only one who could resent him, and his resentment would mean nothing, ignoring the fact that Ralph is a nice guy, and wouldn't resent people like that in the first place.
    (Breathe, Ian)

Also, they had a 12-top in season 2 as well, and JP got scolded for chatting with the 24 breasts. I wonder how he got away with it this season

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3049833;
    I guess I am the only person who is surprised that Petrozza was not nominated/eliminated this week. Why do people always keep talking about how dirty he is....and he admits it....and he still stays. That is just gross, and I don't get it.

I thought Corey and Christina were, supposedly, friends but they readily backstab each other. After playing buddy-buddy while slicing up Jen, they went after each other. Geez...with friends like that, who needs enemies? What witches!
    Didn't Corey and Christina hate eachother in the beginning...I think I remember Corey nominating Christina for elimination cuz she didn't like the way she treated her or something....but then a couple episodes later they started to buddy up against others and started liking eachother more.

I just went over to the FOX forums, where they're crying racism, as usual. I don't think it's fair to assume that Christina put up 2 black contestants just so that the Hell's Kitchen staff would resemble the cast of Friends

Oh, and limerick time:

There once was boy from Niagra
    Who'd forgotten to take his- Tempting, but for the sake of good taste, let's try again

There once was a Hell's Kitchen sarge
    Whose ego was really quite large
    He just kept his distance,
    Never offered assistance
    So here's Black Gordon Ramsay's discharge
    Last edited by Badseed; 06-11-2008 at 01:11 AM.

I thought either Jen or Petrozza would go home. I'm surprised that Bobby left. I figured out what bugs me about Jen (besides her attitude), she talks in a monotone and seems almost zombie-ish at times.

I like the limerick!

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3049666;
    I looked away for a second, who brought Jen's John Dory to the front? It seemed like she got the shaft that time...
    It was Petrozza. She was rightfully miffed that GR was attacking her for that. But, at the same time, she has to learn to shut up already and stop saying "But, but, but...it wasn't my fault." She was just prolonging his tirade and making him more irritated at her.
    I do think Jen is buying her own press. And I think she is being kept around for drama rather than for any talents she may possess in the kitchen. But I don't think anyone at the restaurant is purposefully trying to set her up. JP was pushing the meat over the fish, true, but it was because he saw that she was in trouble in the kitchen. When he saw that Bobby was having problems with cooking the meat, he told his staff to push the chicken. He probably should have told them to advise the diners to just skip the main course and go straight to desserts.
    I like Petrozza. I don't think he's dirty so much as messy/disorganized. But I don't think he will win. And I don't see Jen as winning as I don't think she'd make a good leader or even a teammate in the London West Hollywood kitchen. So that leaves Corey and Christina. I'd give the edge to Christina. She seems to be pulling things together.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Toughness;3049962;
    Didn't Corey and Christina hate eachother in the beginning...I think I remember Corey nominating Christina for elimination cuz she didn't like the way she treated her or something....but then a couple episodes later they started to buddy up against others and started liking eachother more.
    Yes they did dislike each other intensely in the beginning. Corey nominated Christina for elimination, and then in the teary confessional Corey vowed revenge on Corey. For several episodes after that the tension between those two was so thick you could cut it with a knife .

Suddenly, they became BFF and I have no idea how or why that happened. I would bet that Christina is still vowing revenge on Corey, but is just biding her time to get back at her .

I still can't see any of these chefs as experienced or talented enough to manage Hell's Kitchen, let alone Gordon Ramsey's new restaurant. Corey & Christina are the best of this sorry bunch of chefs.

Leo
    Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat;3050544;
    Yes they did dislike each other intensely in the beginning. Corey nominated Christina for elimination, and then in the teary confessional Corey vowed revenge on Corey. For several episodes after that the tension between those two was so thick you could cut it with a knife .

Suddenly, they became BFF and I have no idea how or why that happened. I would bet that Christina is still vowing revenge on Corey, but is just biding her time to get back at her
    My theory on that? The enemy of my enemy is my friend, they say. They may not like each other, and both would probably be only too happy to stick a knife in the other's back, but they've got a bigger target right now: Jen. So, for now, they're BFF - at least until Jen is around.

I agree with CCL - I like Petrozza. He's the only one there who shows any traces of being a decent human being. True, he's not the neatest worker around, but I vaguely remember Ramsay saying something along the lines of Petrozza being a slob, but cooking the most remarkable food. If he doesn't make it to the finale, he's probably going to be one of the first ones chosen to be on the finalist's teams. Heck, can you imagine Corey/Christina trying to give Jen orders?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast