+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: 6/3 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 6/3 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I do like Petrozza, but the guy needs some lessons in clean-up.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;3042261;
    Jen - cooking wise - is one of my favorites. In the case of my comment about luck as far as cooking, it was true because it would get dry. Plus, because it didn't, I think Ramsay respected that risk and chose her to win.

That said, her attitude with gloating when she wins (big time too - there's fine line between celebrating and "in yo' face") and going on diatribes that blame everyone but herself - even if she's the cause - I don't like her attitude.

I've never seen the love for Corey or Christina, and Petrozza is not a clean cook - has a decent head on his shoulders, but needs to really clean up his act if he wants customers in a restaurant or to be hired as a chef long term. Bobby also is annoying because I feel he thinks he's the next Rock, but Rock could prove his comments about being a good cook, and IMHO overall was more respectful of his fellow competitors. Bobby hasn't.

I'm hoping that next season, Julia will have all the refined skills of chefdom (OK, made up word) and return to the contest and blow away every single one of the contestants. Heck, even her Waffle House cooking (what she cooked there, not her cooking skills) would be better than half of the cooking we've seen this season.

I just wish this season felt like the other three and not a weird version of "Big Brother" and "Amazing Race" (i.e. rushing out uncooked meat, etc.).
    I highly doubt Corey or Christina would have reacted any differently. I will even go far enough to say they may have acted worse had they had the opportunity to win. Corey is just as sneaky and abrasive imo as Jen.

Leo
    Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd;3042621;
    Jen may be one of the better cooks (and really, that isn't saying much with this group), but I just can't get past her enormous ego and foul attitude. She's very unlikeable to me, at least the way she's presented on the show.
    I agree. I think that for the kind of job Ramsay's going to give out, management and people skills are just as important as pure cooking ability. From everything we've seen... Jen has absolutely ZERO people skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Leo;3042831;
    I think that for the kind of job Ramsay's going to give out, management and people skills are just as important as pure cooking ability.
    That's why I think Petrozza has a shot at it. Ramsay really admires his decency and judgment.

I agree. I think that for the kind of job Ramsay's going to give out, management and people skills are just as important as pure cooking ability. From everything we've seen... Jen has absolutely ZERO people skills.
    I am sorry not one person in this whole season has any sort of people skills. The whole entire cast is a bunch low budget wannabe's the producers chose to create drama. There is no lesser of two evils in this cast.

If I was Chef Ramsay they couldn't wipe their shoes on the front mat of my restaurant. This was nothing but stunt casting at its worse.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3044078;
    I am sorry not one person in this whole season has any sort of people skills. The whole entire cast is a bunch low budget wannabe's the producers chose to create drama. There is no lesser of two evils in this cast.
    If I was Chef Ramsay they couldn't wipe their shoes on the front mat of my restaurant. This was nothing but stunt casting at its worse.
    I think that for the kind of job Ramsay's going to give out, management and people skills are just as important as pure cooking ability. From everything we've seen... Jen has absolutely ZERO people skills.
    I totally agree. Did anyone see the latest episode of Next Food Network Chef? That hospital catering manager could have blown all the Hell's Kitchen people away with his executive chef skills. He was able to suggest a course of action without coming across as obnoxious and incompetent. (Of course no one has control over stubborn teammates who won't listen, but in and of himself he had better energy than the people on HK.) On this show, however, I don't see any of them having leadership abilities. They might form temporary alliances out of self interest, but none seems to have what it takes to be a boss. How any of them is supposed to deserve such a big prize is beyond me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678