+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 6/3 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 6/3 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I'm starting to think the money is a way to bribe these people to not take the original prize. It seems like at least some are it for the money alone anyway based on the way they cook. This time, I cannot blame that choice at all - these guys act at times like they're in "Big Brother" - and the restaurant guests at times probably think they're on a restaurant version of "Survivor."

Matt, I'm not surprised to see him go. He was very delusional toward the end and totally flipped off the deep end. Based on the comments and such, I seriously do not believe he was acting. It wasn't funny at all - and what got me was that he had the grandiose belief that he'd still be standing if nominated when Ramsey was livid that Matt wanted to go lie down because he had a migraine. I really wonder how Heather would've felt given she burned her hand in Season 2 yet still toughed it out to win.

Speaking of burned hands - Corey irked me with that. She was hurt, yes, but you don't whine about your injury delaying your cooking then when Ramsey says go get it treated, say "I need to stay." Either get it treated or (unwise IMHO) just keep going.

Jen irked me when she gloated about her win. I think she won because of the luck of her beef cooking properly in spite of the thinness. The Sea Bass and chicken ones sounded very good though. Corey, I got a laugh at for complaining about getting to go with Jen. I'd say "OK, I don't like her, but hey, she just saved me from having to do punishment. I'll just have fun, ignore her and listen to Rock." (BTW, did they mention if Rock really was an EC at the restaurant that was touted as being the winners? I missed that part.)

Now, for all of them, I do wonder - to a point - if part of their ineptness is because of fatigue. If you're tired enough you can wind up with a type of amnesia/blackout feeling - and it's very scary when you wake up enough to realize you made a mistake. That said, I'm tired of the gripping and fussing and such this season. Seriously, it's just bananas.

I don't get the Jen Hate. Jen is not anymore annoying than the rest of these hosebeasts they picked up from the nut house. Jen at least is capable of cooking. The one that works my last nerve is Corey. corey thinks she is better than she really is.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3042049;
    The one that works my last nerve is Corey. corey thinks she is better than she really is.
    Oh come on! Everyone one of them thinks that! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3042049;
    I don't get the Jen Hate. Jen is not anymore annoying than the rest of these hosebeasts they picked up from the nut house. Jen at least is capable of cooking. The one that works my last nerve is Corey. corey thinks she is better than she really is.
    Jen - cooking wise - is one of my favorites. In the case of my comment about luck as far as cooking, it was true because it would get dry. Plus, because it didn't, I think Ramsay respected that risk and chose her to win.

That said, her attitude with gloating when she wins (big time too - there's fine line between celebrating and "in yo' face") and going on diatribes that blame everyone but herself - even if she's the cause - I don't like her attitude.

I've never seen the love for Corey or Christina, and Petrozza is not a clean cook - has a decent head on his shoulders, but needs to really clean up his act if he wants customers in a restaurant or to be hired as a chef long term. Bobby also is annoying because I feel he thinks he's the next Rock, but Rock could prove his comments about being a good cook, and IMHO overall was more respectful of his fellow competitors. Bobby hasn't.

I'm hoping that next season, Julia will have all the refined skills of chefdom (OK, made up word) and return to the contest and blow away every single one of the contestants. Heck, even her Waffle House cooking (what she cooked there, not her cooking skills) would be better than half of the cooking we've seen this season.

I just wish this season felt like the other three and not a weird version of "Big Brother" and "Amazing Race" (i.e. rushing out uncooked meat, etc.).

The difference between Jen and Julia is night and day, I liked Julia, I hate Jen.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein

Jen *might* be able to cook, but she can't create a decent menu to save her life. And isn't that a HUGE part of being an exec chef?
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3042539;
    Jen *might* be able to cook, but she can't create a decent menu to save her life. And isn't that a HUGE part of being an exec chef?
    As I recall, Heather had very little creativity in that regard.

Now that you mention it, Corey's biggest weakness is her lack in the creativity department. If they're willing to overlook that, then we may just have our winner

Quote Originally Posted by Badseed;3042578;
    Now that you mention it, Corey's biggest weakness is her lack in the creativity department. If they're willing to overlook that, then we may just have our winner
    Have you forgotten her awesome pomegranate mess she came up with? That was...creative.

Jen may be one of the better cooks (and really, that isn't saying much with this group), but I just can't get past her enormous ego and foul attitude. She's very unlikeable to me, at least the way she's presented on the show.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

I really can't say I like anyone on the show. And from Gordon Ramsay's TV Guide interview, I got the impression that he doesn't, either.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast