+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 5/20 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 5/20 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

This is the first time I'm totally fed up with all the players. None really should become the executive chefs of a new restaurant. Sometimes I feel that Bonnie from last season would've done better - and I didn't like her. Jen I feel is trying to be a Julia wannabe - but Julia had a better attitude overall (I chalk up the finale bit to having been recently eliminated and not wanting to work for a snob who IMHO shouldn't have been there), and could cook.

The rest just feel like they are on "The Real World" instead of a cooking show. Most can't cook well and act like they're in grade school. The men and the women can't win or lose graciously, and have even resorted to using their wiles (aka hormones) to try and mess up the other team's gameplay. Childish celebrations such as Jen's from last Thursday, etc. I feel like Ramsey and want to bash my head against a wall.

In TV Guide's "Q & A" with Gordon Ramsay (last week's issue), Ramsay's response to the question about this season's lack of culinary talent is as follows:
    "Characters have to be flamboyant and funny, but you know they could be on the verge of a liability. That's my battle with Fox -- they want to run a show, and I a restaurant."
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Ouch. I know FOX wants an entertaining show, but I'm quite sure they could find some "flamboyant and funny" personalities that can freaking cook, too.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd;3023174;
    Ouch. I know FOX wants an entertaining show, but I'm quite sure they could find some "flamboyant and funny" personalities that can freaking cook, too.
    I know! I mean, does "flamboyant and funny" necessarily have to include "short bus" in the profile?
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Leo
    Premium Member

Well, this is Fox we're talking about here. For them, it probably does.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234