+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 4/29 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 4/29 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Thye finished the dinner service. Some bumps along the way but the men seemed to pull it together toward the end.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Why is Lou allowed to smoke in there?
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

FORT Fanatic

Who won dinner service...men or women?

I missed whether there was a winner or not, but each team nominated one person.

The girls nominated Chris instead of Rosana, which Gordon smirked at, and the guys nominated Louross, who had a bad night, but Matt came close.

Ramsay decides that since the teams completed a full service and since Vanessa left by herself, no one is going home.

Also, judging from next week's teaser, it looks like someone new (or someone returning) is being brought in to replace Vanessa.
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 04-29-2008 at 10:02 PM.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Matt: The boys depend on having a scapegoat, and now Matt has assumed that role. He's so whiny; I'm amazed the boys put up with it .

Louross and Petrozza: Lucky to get away with disguising the meat. I wonder how long it'll be before one of them gets a conscience.

Ben: If he isn't collecting money for the pizza deliveries, then there's no way to prove how well he did his ob. For all we know, he made that one delivery so they'd have footage, threw out the other pizzas, and spent the rest of the evening at a bar. Maybe he treated the crew to a few rounds so they wouldn't rat him out.

Vanessa: Commiserations, but I'm glad she decided to stop torturing herself. If she had stayed around much longer, her hand would've only gotten worse

Shayna: Doesn't waste money on expensive shoes. Good for her.

Corey: Reluctant to help her teammates, which is a bad sign

Rosann: Quickly becoming this season's bitch, it would seem.

Christina: Is going to attempt the "lone wolf" strategy, which never ends well

Next week: This is the most important service, because if they screw up, they're ruining someone's special day. I bet they'll screw up.

The mystery chef: Is it Julia? That would be cool

Keoni Kai Lucas: Who is he?

I was wondering it it is Julia (or maybe bonnie?) too! It seems that it is definitely a girl (from Ben's comment) and we know how bad she wanted to win and maybe she is done with culinary school and decided she wants to win and ramsay knows none of these idiots are good enough to be his exec. chef so he brought her in.

Quote Originally Posted by Badseed;2958989;
    Keoni Kai Lucas: Who is he?
    Keoni Kai Lucas, co-founder and president of The Puinsai Clothing Company. He died when his car struck a tree in CA in March, from what I've read.

Why do all the wanta be chefs always look so dirty on "Hell's Kitchen". Other culinary competition shows, the competitors all seem to be relatively skilled in personal hygien. And, good gawd, why does Louross tweeze his eyebrows????

To my knowledge, the men only have won the salmon slicing challenge, but that's because the girls chose a very small (light) piece of salmon that wasn't anywhere close to I think 6 ounces. None of the recaps (I haven't been able to see the show until today) have said the men have won.

They both had a great service, so Ramsay decided to not single out one group and have them both nominate someone. But, seeing that it was even, I had a hunch he'd say that no one was leaving because Vanessa voluntarily left.

Based on this ep only, I have respect for Vanessa and her decision to leave. She felt if she couldn't give it her all, it wasn't fair and she left. Plus, it was also good because this way she didn't risk irritating the wound further being in a moist environment that you'd have with a kitchen. I hope that her hand is fully healed. It is a shame though because as Ramsey said we won't know how good she could've been.

I liked the women's idea better than the men's for pizza. A simple design, still had expensive ingredients and sounded good. This isn't to say that the men's wouldn't be good, but it sounded too rich. But, based on Ramsey's expressions, it looked like he liked the flavors of both, so he had to be very nitpicky to determine a winner.

That said I do agree though with his reasoning for choosing the girls over the guys, if you don't wash the dirt off the mushroom properly, it's too gritty. Even here, where gourmets have said to just wipe them with a damp cloth to avoid damaging the undersides of the caps (as the spores in the grooves have most of the flavors), it's not that difficult to remove the dirt off the caps. Plus, most of the dirt is on the top - though this makes me wonder if they also are smart enough to remember to trim off the first 1/4 inch of the stems, which is recommended too.

Overall, I feel the men's team is more of the whingers while the girls too catty. I have a feeling that the first time the girls lose again, it'll be a chain reaction. Seriously, the guys making those kinds of comments on a pizza trying to beat their chests and be the featured pizza was ridiculous. I did, however, like the fact that Gordon punished Ben further by making him deliver the pizzas. I think he also saw the film and noticed that no one had tasted the one other pizza and Ben just finished his up for the plating when everyone else save the one person who just finished up his pizza. Ben seemed too cocky and arrogant, so he got his just desserts. (Also, they did pay Ben for the pizzas at the one location that they got the order from ).

Next week when they reveal the mystery person, I agree and could so see Julia returning. I don't see it as Bonnie because she has badmouthed people in her season show in the interviews. Plus, while we might've seen Julia as bitter and catty toward Bonnie in the final, that might not have been what truly happened and Ramsey was serious and wanted to have Julia take a second chance when she finished her lessons at culinary school. (Of course, I'm of the opinion that Julia was bitter because she had just come off her elimination to turn around almost immediately and help Bonnie, who dissed her throughout the competition, try and win the whole shebang).

Plus, right now with hearing comments such as I have heard, I'm not sure anyone here right now could be an executive chef save Jen (or the person whose pizza won). Even there, I'm iffy, so I have a feeling whoever is joining the women's team is someone who could seriously win the gig - again leaning toward Julia, who showed the smarts and skills. My opinion, either way a previous contestant returning would also fit with the guy's comments about the women inheriting something bad.
    Last edited by jadewarlock; 04-30-2008 at 01:24 AM.

Matt and his Steven Seagal eyebrows kill me every episode.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast