+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 4/15 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 4/15 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

I could have never slaughtered a live chicken. I freak out at a teeny little spider and call my husband to kill that for me, so a chicken would have been too much. As for cutting up chickens, I probably couldn't do it either since I always buy my chicken already cut into pieces, but these are supposed to be CHEFS. I would think that would be basic skills for a chef. I wish they could have blurred out Jason going into the hot tub. I just watched the recording this morning, and now I will be haunted all day. I had to be glad that Jason screwed up so badly. With all that insulting of women, it was nice to see him screw up and Gordon take him down a peg. He did rightly go home--not knowing the menu, being a screw up in general, and the fact that deserts are one of the easiest things you can cook (in my opinion).

When I first saw the challenge, I thought "how many chickens can they reduce to portions in five minutes?" and know I could have done at least a half dozen in that time. THEN to realize thay have five minutes for one chicken my jaw dropped and I thought how bad are these people. Week three of any chef training you learn to hone your knife skills by cutting up a chicken and even skinning/deboning the breast.
    These are basic skills every chef NEEDS to know, did they pick this group just for the drama induced ratings? I understand that working under pressure things seem a lot more difficult, but what chef hasn't had to work a dinner rush and get caught in the weeds and know there is no escape you have to push on?
    More people should have been sent packing if they can't do half of the basic tasks they have had to do in the past few weeks.

Do the contestants even own their own sets of knives? Professional ones, not the infomercial ones.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Jen: Unusually quiet tonight, a good improvement

Petrozza: I think Gordon has some real confidence in him; he didn't make a single pumpkin joke during the challenge

Craig: The scapegoat, it looks like it had a lasting effect on his performance.

Christina: Why does she keep saying vindictive? It doesn't make her sound smart

Aaron: I was applauding when he appeared in the restaraunt! Glad to see he's back to good health, hopefully he isn't still working in that retirement home

Ben: Hopefully he'll cool it with the "different technique" or his days are numbered

Matt: Throws a temper tantrum that would put Rock to shame. I was hoping that Gordon would bring Aaron back to Hell's Kitchen and make him tell Matt to stop being such a child.

Vanessa: Crying in the kitchen is usually a bad sign

Bobby: Reminds me of when Gordon chewed out Ralph for waving at some girls. I bet he's on a mission to make sure his staff never ever get laid.

Jason: Just asking for karma to sock him in the jaw during the challenge. Today we learn that he won't do housework OR manual labor. So, does he have any contributive qualities?

Also, I love how Gordon yelled at everyone in front of all the customers instead of waiting for them to leave. Has anyone noticed that the pantry in the dorm is stocked with nothing but junk food? Doesn't Gordon realize that if he feeds them salt and oil all the time, their palettes for fine dining will suffer?
    Last edited by Badseed; 04-16-2008 at 04:13 PM.

I wonder what chauvinist rock they found Jason under?

Guess in the long run, it doesn't matter, 'cause he FINALLY did himself in and has probaly crawled back under said rock, by now.

Also, I'm glad to see Christina had sense enough NOT to go after Corey (not like that wouldn't've been justified) in retaliation for last week.

Loved the smirk on the "customer's" face when Gordo was chewing Bobby out about waving to the "patrons" as he left the kitchen, like some sort of displaced Mr. America! Have to give it to him, though, I thought that was a good save with cutting the chicken up at tableside and passing it around the table.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Glad Jason got the boot.
    He spent most of his time taking smoke breaks and trying to learn the menu. Others had to constantly take up the slack and then go looking for him.

ETA: GR really had me for a minute with the live chicken and cleaver. Shame on him.

Quote Originally Posted by tango7;2924225;
    He spent most of his time taking smoke breaks and trying to learn the menu.
    He didn't know the desert menu. Intentionally, I'll bet. Women's work, afterall.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks;2932162;
    He didn't know the desert menu. Intentionally, I'll bet. Women's work, afterall.
    I don't know, Jason didn't look like he skipped too many desserts after dinner.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd;2933046;
    I don't know, Jason didn't look like he skipped too many desserts after dinner.
    But he does look like he didn't pay much attention to what those desserts were as he was Hoover-ing them in!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123