+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jen - Season 4

Re: Jen - Season 4

Please please please please please get rid of Jen. No one likes you because you're not likeable. At least what you've shown in the kitchen.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Hehe, nuff said.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I have to say, I don't agree.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

CCL

I don't think she's the most hated contestant ever. But I certainly don't like her one bit.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I agree with the posters above me, I don't think she's the most hated contestant ever. However, I do not like her. She might be a good cook, but she thinks too much of herself and is way too cocky, like she can do nothing wrong. Even on the chopping block, when she could see that chef Ramsey agreed with the nominations, did she get humble, she just thought she was there because she was the toughest competition. A little humility wouldn't hurt her at all.

I never think people "think too much of themselves" and are too cocky unless they prove that they have no basis in fact for thinking the way that they do. I think it's important to think highly of yourself; I think she can back up her self esteem in the kitchen and, hopefully, that will trickle over into other areas of her life. I love it when people have an area in which they know that they shine. I look to learn from people like that. I also think it's important to recognize your shortcomings, and sometimes you have to learn through a personal failing or two, and that, too, is a good thing. You learn as you mature, hopefully. I have a sister whom, for most of her life, has always had issues with people who have had extremely good feelings about themselves. One day, she finally admitted that those "irritated" feelings were connected to jealousy, of all things. I found that very interested and very telling. And it all made sense.

Jen is young, and she will learn and grow. Good for her that she has something that she is proud of and passionate about; so many people don't. She's only 24. Her best is yet to come!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3055060;
    I never think people "think too much of themselves" and are too cocky unless they prove that they have no basis in fact for thinking the way that they do. I think it's important to think highly of yourself; I think she can back up her self esteem in the kitchen and, hopefully, that will trickle over into other areas of her life. I love it when people have an area in which they know that they shine. I look to learn from people like that. I also think it's important to recognize your shortcomings, and sometimes you have to learn through a personal failing or two, and that, too, is a good thing. You learn as you mature, hopefully. I have a sister whom, for most of her life, has always had issues with people who have had extremely good feelings about themselves. One day, she finally admitted that those "irritated" feelings were connected to jealousy, of all things. I found that very interested and very telling. And it all made sense.

Jen is young, and she will learn and grow. Good for her that she has something that she is proud of and passionate about; so many people don't. She's only 24. Her best is yet to come!
    As do I, having confidence in ones self and abilities is not only important but a wonderful thing. With all do respect, I also think its important to think highly of others and treat them with respect. Jen has not the ability to do so.. at least on this show. That has been my big turn off on her and others here. At 24, she should know.. or have at the very least been told this by her mother... that you treat people the way you want to be treated yourself.

As for backing herself up.. I think she has also fallen short there as well. Sure shes had a few good dishes as well as some nice comments here and there but they all have. I can't help but recall where she took over the menu planning and her whole team AND Gordo were sickened by her choices. I think a better tell of her being able to back up her [over inflated] self esteem would be to TAKE the higher road, not put people down, not talk down to others and not lash out to try to make herself look better.

In my journey through life I have found the people that act like Jen have a lower self esteem and try to distract form their short comings.. and others that do have higher self esteem want others around them to be better.. they tend to encourage and support not call them 'little bitches'.

I also have to take in to account that this is a show, this is a show where I am sure contestants are prodded by producers to act a certain way and do certain things.. so I DO cut her a bit of slack. We wont even mention editing. All that notwithstanding, if this is how she is, shes a grown woman and one who is trying to be a professional, she needs to snap outta the ghetto persona and step up. At 24, she cant fall back on the idea that she will mature one day, shes an adult, time to act like it.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Personally, I think you are still in a serious learning curve in your 20s, but I don't think a lot of people recognize that until they are out of their 20s and looking back. You are an adult, but you're still working on (and always will be) figuring out what works. I think she'll be fine. People who see themselves as chefs have got to have some ego to even get to that mental point and continue.

Jen, Corey, Christina......they all call each other derogatory names; they are all around the same age and levels of maturity, with Jen being the youngest. Jen strikes me as a person who will say things to your face; Corey and Christina have shown that they are not that open. None of them are acting like, so called, 'adults' even though all, chronologically, are. I, moreso, respect a person who lets you know where you stand with them than one who plays little false, slimy games with you.

Agreed. I can tell that prhoshay has some water under the bridge when it comes to age - as I do.
    That said - I do not see any of these ladies having the maturity to run a high class kitchen and I think that Gordon has put himself in a tight spot. Good luck to him.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3055155;
    Personally, I think you are still in a serious learning curve in your 20s, but I don't think a lot of people recognize that until they are out of their 20s and looking back. You are an adult, but you're still working on (and always will be) figuring out what works. I think she'll be fine. People who see themselves as chefs have got to have some ego to even get to that mental point and continue.

Jen, Corey, Christina......they all call each other derogatory names; they are all around the same age and levels of maturity, with Jen being the youngest. Jen strikes me as a person who will say things to your face; Corey and Christina have shown that they are not that open. None of them are acting like, so called, 'adults' even though all, chronologically, are. I, moreso, respect a person who lets you know where you stand with them than one who plays little false, slimy games with you.

Hey! Don't be talking about my water under my bridge!!!

There's nothing like looking back to your 20s and seeing just how much you really didn't know. It can be funny and a little bit embarrassing when you realize how all-knowing you must have come off sometimes. Oh well.......we all go through it if we live long enough!
    Last edited by prhoshay; 06-13-2008 at 01:36 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast