+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Aaron - Season 3

Re: Aaron - Season 3

Now I'm wondering if Aaron was on the show for being seriously ill. Maybe he did a "make a wish" thing with some foundation. That would explain why Gordon was so tolerant with him.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Do TV shows need to fill quotas now, too?
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Poor Aaron, poor overwhelmed Aaron. I hope his illness isn't serious. The only thing I can recall him preparing was his signature dish of giant finger foods (they looked yummy to me). How in the heck did this guy end up in Hell's Kitchen?? He has a gentle demeanor, the antithesis of Ramsey. Maybe that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by lopevian;2451499;
    How in the heck did this guy end up in Hell's Kitchen?? He has a gentle demeanor, the antithesis of Ramsey. Maybe that's why.
    He *did* generate buzz -- at least on this board. The other contestants only have two, maybe three, pages each. Aaron's thread is well into its fifth page, followed only by Miss Waffle House whose thread is starting its fifth page.

LG.

in Vinnie's interview, he mentions that Aaron is diabetic. That would explain why he's passing out if he's not eating (like he was doing in the second episode). Doesn't explaining the crying though . .
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Diabetes was going to be my guess. It can cause some pretty bizarre symptoms. Can't help but wonder if he was diagnosed before he came to the show, if that is his problem.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by LG.;2453468;
    Doesn't explaining the crying though . .
    My guess is that mental retardation of some sort would explain the crying, childish speech patterns, etc. Dude had more than one problem. As hard as it is to imagine that this got past the producers, it's harder to believe (maybe not; this is Fox) that the producers thought Aaron's . . . uhhh . . . conditions would be of any sort of entertainment value.

Ellen, that combination could explain why he wasn't taking care of himself. He knew he had diabetes. So he should have known that going on a crash diet by eating only one apple for the day was dangerous. When he ended up in the hospital for a manageable condition, the show probably didn't want to take the liability for him any more.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm with you, Brooks. The things cited in Ellen's post could, easily, be connected to diabetes. I really hate that disease. Truly, you just never know what behaviors you're going to get/see. When he arrived at the show, IF he had been pre-diagnosed, he could have easily been in the denial phase of the disease. What a drag for him!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

The crying could very well have been connected to low blood sugar, lack of eating, little sleep etc., the cramping when he woke up was a sure sign of things going wrong.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast