+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 125

Thread: 8/7 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

  1. #41
    FORT Fogey sukee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Kitchener
    Posts
    3,885
    Quote Originally Posted by dlsize View Post
    OMG what did Keith say to ramsey? a storm rolled in and cut off him giving it to ramsey - damn satellite!
    He just whined that he was better than Virginia and that Ramsay had the hots for her...
    Reality leaves a lot to the imagination. ~John Lennon


    Write for HubPages.

  2. #42
    Who Dat! madonniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Southern US
    Age
    34
    Posts
    318
    I must be in the minority, I thought Keith should win it. For someone who can cook the pants off anyone, I can't believe he let him go. I owuldn't have picked Virginia because she said that she could learn and be what Chef wanted her to be. If I were Chef, I would have said I need someone who can do it now, not someone who I have to hold their hand.

    I want Heather to win.
    You are who you are...and I wouldn't want to change a thing...- Madonna

  3. #43
    FORT Fogey TokyoNiGHTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,248
    Quote Originally Posted by MotherSister View Post
    I think Heather wants to go up against Virginia in the end.

    I wouldn't mind that. I don't like Heather, but Keith just grates in my nerves.
    I actually think Heather and Keith feared Virginia the most. They feared her because of her looks, because of how likeable she is and because despite how good they think they are, she somehow manages to come through on all the challenges with a good dish. She struggles when it comes to service but she actually seems to be a better cook than the both of them.

  4. #44
    Shark Week! dagwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    salt lake city ut
    Age
    43
    Posts
    18,841
    Quote Originally Posted by TokyoNiGHTS View Post
    It seems everytime Virginia wins anything it has to be for something other than her just being good at it. It's either because she looks good or because she cheated or because Chef is favoring her because he likes her. I hope she wins after all this.
    I'm with you on this. Heather was my favorite, but she has been steadily going down hill. Tonight clinched it for me. Heather and Keith were a couple of babies and shouldn't have acted that way.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

    Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

  5. #45
    FORT Newbie Yodasolo25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    14
    Who was voted the favorite chef with how much percentage?

  6. #46
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by madonniac View Post
    I must be in the minority, I thought Keith should win it. For someone who can cook the pants off anyone, I can't believe he let him go. I owuldn't have picked Virginia because she said that she could learn and be what Chef wanted her to be. If I were Chef, I would have said I need someone who can do it now, not someone who I have to hold their hand.

    I want Heather to win.
    You're not in the minority...Keith got boned this entire show, and the editing made it look like he's a whiner. Hey, it's a TV show, and he should expect that. But it's hard to find another example (outside of The Apprentice) where there's been a bigger screw-job.

    Why do all the shows I like have to make me stop watching?

    And as an aside, I thought Keith was just as unlikeable as the rest of the fools this season. He was the best chef, though.

  7. #47
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    7
    To me... the thing is... any idiot can learn to handle a service... crank out good food and stay on top of things... that just takes time... but you can't teach someone to be an "artist". I have to say... I was very impressed that Virginia got that dish exactly right. And it wasn't a little bit different than Heather and Keith's guesses... I mean... beans and grapefruit with basil instead of potatoes and cilantro?! That's damn impressive.

    On a personal note... I'm so thankful I don't have to look at Keith's gapping mouth anymore... CLOSE YOUR MOUTH DUDE! Nor to we have to see how he "rocks it" with his pants hanging down. The guy may be able to cook... but in every other respect... he has no skills.

    And Heather... I keep waiting for her eyes to pop out of their sockets. CHILL girl! I love it when Gordon told her that she needs to slow down and was totally out of control. Being in control... and being a leader... doesn't mean freaking out.

    I thought Heather and Keith were so mean to Virginia back at the dorm. Telling her she got the recipe from the book... etc. They refuse to give her any credit at all. Extremely childish behaviour. And I love how, when Virginia final stands up for herself and tells Keith to f-off... he says "I'm just kidding". I love it when people insult you and then think it's all ok if they follow it up with a "just kidding". He wasn't kidding.

    Also... I have to say... I was surprised at how great Virginia did at the pass. She was really really good! I was surprised because she seems to have so many self doubts. It was good to see her take control for a change. And I can't BELIEVE that Keith and Heather both tried to say she didn't do a good job at the pass. What a joke.
    Last edited by Takeo; 08-07-2006 at 10:54 PM.

  8. #48
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Kgun5 View Post
    the editing made it look like he's a whiner
    So you've seen all of the hundreds of hours of outtakes where he is being mature?

    He's a good cook... but there's more to the position they're vying for than just being able to cook. I don't imagine the "executive chef" works the line anyway. And anyone can learn how to cook well... learn how to do meat to the right "done-ness"... how not to burn stuff... how to juggles orders in your head... etc. That's just production. Although... I have to give him credit... he was good creatively too... like when his "cha ching" pork made it to the menu. Ultimately, I'd say his horroible additude was a big part of his un-doing.

  9. #49
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by Takeo View Post
    To me... the thing is... any idiot can learn to handle a service... crank out good food and stay on top of things... that just takes time... but you can't teach someone to be an "artist". I have to say... I was very impressed that Virginia got that dish exactly right. And it wasn't a little bit different than Heather and Keith's guesses... I mean... beans and grapefruit with basil instead of potatoes and cilantro?! That's damn impressive.

    On a personal note... I'm so thankful I don't have to look at Keith's gapping mouth anymore... CLOSE YOUR MOUTH DUDE! Nor to we have to see how he "rocks it" with his pants hanging down. The guy may be able to cook... but in every other respect... he has no skills.

    And Heather... I keep waiting for her eyes to pop out of their sockets. CHILL girl! I love it when Gordon told her that she needs to slow down and was totally out of control. Being in control... and being a leader... doesn't mean freaking out.

    I thought Heather and Keith were so mean to Virginia back at the dorm. Telling her she got the recipe from the book... etc. They refuse to give her any credit at all. Extremely childish behaviour. And I love how, when Virginia final stands up for herself and tells Keith to f-off... he says "I'm just kidding". I love it when people insult you and then think it's all ok if they follow it up with a "just kidding". He wasn't kidding.

    Also... I have to say... I was surprised at how great Virginia did at the pass. She was really really good! I was surprised because she seems to have so many self doubts. It was good to see her take control for a change. And I can't BELIEVE that Keith and Heather both tried to say she didn't do a good job at the pass. What a joke.
    First of all, yes. Virginia copying that recipe WAS impressive. Of course, it's TOO impressive for someone that was unable to get through any service this year without reprimand. Still, there's no way to prove anything in that arena, so I'll concede the point.

    Your second paragraph is interesting. You say Keith can cook, but has "no other skills". Your proof for this? The pants he wore back in the earliest weeks and the way his mouth "hangs". Excuse me if I think the jury's still out on Keith's other skills...

    Heather does need to chill...But it's just as easy for me to say that Virginia needs to stop crying. You mention "being in control". Certainly one of Virginia's strong suits...

    Heather was, and always has been, a psycho. It is true that she was extrememly mean to Virginia tonight. You could see it in the face she made in V's direction when she was running the show (when merely calling out orders). Keith, however, made a few comments that we saw (which seemed to relate more to his getting screwed than anything else) yet still was professional to V in the kitchen. It makes me wonder how antagonistic Keith really was compared to Heather.

    All in all, there can't be anyone here that actually thinks Virginia is, or ever will be, a better chef than Keith. Neither may be overly successful, but it's not even close....In reality.

  10. #50
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by Takeo View Post
    So you've seen all of the hundreds of hours of outtakes where he is being mature?

    He's a good cook... but there's more to the position they're vying for than just being able to cook. I don't imagine the "executive chef" works the line anyway. And anyone can learn how to cook well... learn how to do meat to the right "done-ness"... how not to burn stuff... how to juggles orders in your head... etc. That's just production. Although... I have to give him credit... he was good creatively too... like when his "cha ching" pork made it to the menu. Ultimately, I'd say his horroible additude was a big part of his un-doing.
    And how many hours of footage have you seen where Virginia has outperformed Keith in any of these areas?

    And not everyone can learn how to juggle orders in their head...Just as not everyone can be a rocket scientist.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.