+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 7/24 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Newbie
    My 2 cents...

Garret does have an anger issue... otherwise he would not have been in an anger management program. And really... you can be upset... but he was ranting about it all day... on and on and on. It was over the top and must have been extremely tiring to listen to. Heather had just had enough. Good for her for being honest with him. It did seem to make him think. I don't think he would hit anyone either... but she did make him aware of the fact that he still has some issues. And I don't know what you mean by "entitlement". I think it was honest and sincere and something that he needed to hear.

Sara will be gone soon enough.

Keith is a buffon... but apparently he can cook.

And come on... what about the 'boobs on the hotplate' incident! That was the highlight of the whole show!!!! So funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Takeo View Post
    I have to say... 7/24 had some of the funniest moments in HK history...

1. Gordon to JP: "What... are you trying to lose your virginity" Priceless.
    JP's reaction was hilarious. He did a double take like he wanted to say something but knew better not to.

The boob lady was crazy. What the hell did she want any ways? All chef asked was for her to wait 30 seconds. But that must be scripted, right? She did look genuinely pissed off though.

The Boob incident did it for me! This is a show that I actually watched...well it watched me until the boob incident. That made me lookup at the tv and actually watch!

Episode of the season. JP's reaction to Ramsey's virginity line had me rolling. The well-endowed lady was also a good story-arc in the episode.

Bottom line, I'll miss Garret; partly, I wanted for him to beat the odds, but that's not happening. He's a decent guy, even if he did do time; some of my friends did time, but that doesn't stop them from being decent people...

That said, Sara is annoying me more and more each week. Heather's still my favorite, and Virginia is growing on me. It seems the latter of the three doesn't perform well under pressure in real-world situations.

I wonder what next week's "shocking" elimination is? Sara getting elimmed? That's what the preview looks like right now, but knowing editting, it's probably Keith, Heather or Virginia; probably Keith, to make it a all-female final 3.
    Revenge is ice cream.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Quemoni View Post
    The Boob incident did it for me! This is a show that I actually watched...well it watched me until the boob incident. That made me lookup at the tv and actually watch!
    I personally thought the boob incident was stupid and the lady made quite a jerk out of herself. Then she ruins someone else's dinner who didn't deserve to have to wait longer. From the sounds of it- everyone thought it was quite funny, but the best part for me? "Security- show this lady out!" Even though the customers are there for entertainment, why do they have to complain if the food is taking too long? They know darn well that they might not get fed or that it will take hours. Pass over the customer nut jobs and show me some tension in the kitchen!
    Anyway, I felt Garretts frustration at the chicken incident. Ramsay puts the chefs in a 'darned if you do, darned if you don't' situation. Garrett told him 3 minutes on the chicken, Chef freaks out that it's too long, so Garrett brings it to him raw. WHAT IN THE HECK DOES RAMSEY WANT HIM TO DO???
    I was really rooting for Heather, even though from the start she thought she had it in the bag, but Keith really is doing a good job at cooking.

FORT Regular

I Concur...

Kgun5: I agree with your assessment of Garrett in regards to his anger issues. He'd had enough! Remember he's done every lousy punishment, but one so far, and has made fewer big mistakes cooking than Sara and Virginia...both of which sent out raw scallops and raw fish entree last week. Also Sarah sent out raw lamb ("there's blood everywhere!") Then K-Scum deviously plays him like a cheap harmonica. Now, he's been edited in the last few episodes to suddenly look like he's a big screw-up; and coincidentally (not..) K-Fatback starts getting the "you can really cook, big boy" G-Ram remark Totally-Out-Of-Left-Field!! I call BULL on the manipulative editing. For all we know, many of Garrett's "anger incidences" were compiled from ALL the raw footage shot so far, and edited together to make him look out of control (except for where he specifically mentioned the screwing on the Red Rock trip this episode, and even that can be sliced & diced) For all we know, his knife handling we were shown may have been just him sitting around fiddling with a knife while they make them wait to give their confessional interviews at 3:00 A.M. after being beaten to death all day and thru a full dinner service. Yep! They are dead exhausted, rubbed raw, plied with alcohol, and then made sit up and wait all nite to get some producer sitting off camera asking asinine questions and poking deeply at their sore spots! Then woken up 3 hours later by bullhorns! I've seen people in real life go absolutely postal for way less than that. I mean, he didn't DO anything...he expressed his anger verbally, not take a rifle out into the diningroom and start shooting. (sadly, my guess for something like that would be poor Jean Philippe...that lovely man takes big time, unnecessary, nasty crap from EVERYONE! How he does it, I'll never know!) I've always thought Garrett would have made a great apprentice at one of Ramsay's restaurants (btw, Ramsay likes convict cooks, and is/did film a show in one & recruited from there)...he has the Drive & Hunger, but needs the training in excellence. I mean really...Ramsay has a way worse temper than Garrett, and he has been known to attack people. That's on the hypocritical side, for sure. Sara and Virginia are just way, way bigger screw-ups on the show than Garrett and he shouldn't have been auf'd right now. I would ten times rather eat his cooking than K-Greasie's. I really look forward to reading some post-show interviews with Garrett to get his thoughts on it. Maybe he'll come back to FORT and post, but I rather doubt it.

Marlena_M: I absolutely agree that K-Grease is not qualified for this prize in skill, behavior, or personal grooming (shudder) as he's shown on HK. Interestingly enough, he appears to have more cheffing experience than we are led to believe on the show. He appears to be getting the "screwball character" edit who comes from behind to miraculously win. Haven't you noticed the abrupt difference in the way he's been potrayed in the last few episodes? Suddenly he's the leader of the blue team, while the week before it was Heather! There's a pretty obvious reason for that. If he wins I won't be surprised (but won't like it), after all, he's currently the executive chef at JLX in Sag Harbor, NY. Also, Gabe (2nd auf'd) is working there with him, and Ralph (season 1) has his own deli right down the street.

In the end, I tend to not so much buy into the "portrayals" of characters and incidences exactly as the editing wants me to at face value. There's always more than one side to a story. However, my gut genuinely tells me that either Sara really is crazier than an outhouse rat in real life or she'll be nominated for an Emmy for her paid, outstanding acting performance as a truly loose screw!
    Last edited by Magic Mayo; 07-25-2006 at 03:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Mayo View Post
    my gut genuinely tells me that either Sara really is crazier than an outhouse rat in real life or she'll be nominated for an Emmy for her paid, outstanding acting performance as a truly loose screw!
    Outstanding! I'm thrilled Sara is still on the show - I think she is the main reason to watch. I don't think I have ever despised a reality contestant as much as I have her. (But if she makes it to Final Three, I may have to write off the entire series as pure fantasy!)

With Keith as the "Trip to Vegas" challenge winner, I was surprised to see a red limo pull up. I was expecting to see a short yellow bus . . .
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I don't get to see this until next Monday at 8:00, but had to read this thread to get the scoop. Too bad about Garret.

At first I thought this season had all loser men and several possibilities for the women. I never pictured this F4. Heather was an early fave, but there have been plenty of indications that she isn't executive material either. Could Keith actually win this?

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell View Post
    I personally thought the boob incident was stupid and the lady made quite a jerk out of herself.
    Hey... I agree with you! I think she had a lot of nerve to go up to the head chef in the middle of an insane rush working the pass and complain. I think you should be kicked out for that alone. But still... is was very funny and dramatic and shocking. I couldn't believe she did that. And the look on Gordon's face was great. It was just a really dramatic moment is all. And the reactions on the face of her friend were hillarious. She was laughing the entire time that her friend was a) being insulted and b) walking out.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast