+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Tom - Season 2

FORT Regular

Meeting In Midcoast

Quote Originally Posted by Leftcoaster View Post
    I'm certainly inclined toward agreement in viewing Tom as having a medical condition, Magic Mayo.

I kind of agree with you about laying some blame on the show for bringing him aboard to begin with, but he of all people has to take his share of the responsibility. The way he spoke ( "svetcher" sounds right, good ear, corprip ), it didn't come across as anything new. I'm as surprised that he figured food prep was the direction to aim his future, as surprised that hair dood considers his locks anything but a liability in a kitchen.

I'm going to need to check out Top Chef to see how you've ripped 'em there. You're great at conveying an image, my gut wrenched (aaack...there it goes again) reading your french kissing comment.

Good running into you
    Oh absolutely, Tom needs to take responsibilty for managing his "condition" so to increase safety in his food prep. The HK talent scouts MUST have seen this and been aware this existed before they signed him up. HK doesn't seem shy about showing this all over national tv for dramatic effect, however.

What does "svetcher" mean exactly?

If I wrenched your gut, then my fate is sealed. I certainly will go to some really hot space in Hell for all eternity for making everyone sick...with my luck, it will probably be the Kitchen!

*Most of my posts on TC were spread all over the net..I came here towards the last of the season, but EVERYONE in that forum was hysterically, drop-dead funny...especially in the "Stephan" thread!

btw...are you keeping count of how many push-ups your kitten has done? LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Mayo View Post
    Seriously, isn't this the guy who was rabidly dripping dungball-sized drops into the dinner course?

If he went all saturated just by the act of owning up to his siggy dish; then the stress of the actual audition meeting with him must have been like going head first over Niagara Falls sans the barrel! I just cannot figure out how the HK talent scouts put this guy thru to be a finalist. He's not very experienced, this being his first gig, having just finished culinary school...but it's blatantly obvious the guy has a medical condition that is not conducive to being on a reality show with a humid kitchen requiring a healthy level of sanitation. Maybe, these network-lobotomized field-hands figured he'd come in handy to put out various and frequent frying-pan fires and deliver aid & comfort to badly burned and charred bodies!

Realistically, there are some medical treatments for this condition which may help some. I don't know what Tom was thinking; but staying out of severely stressful, Hellishly hot places and avoiding Brits named Ramsay would be a big step in the right direction!

All'n All, I wish I could just do a bit of "Magic" and treat Tom to a trip to the "Mayo" Clinic.
    (yeah, okay...I'll probably burn in hell for that one)
    KEITH was the dripper. I mean seriously I would not want someone dripping that much to wait on me.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Dancing along the border of turbulence and order
    Quote Originally Posted by corprip View Post
    You're right.. he was saying something to excuse himself for his repulsiveness, like "svetcher" or something Yiddish like that. What the hell is that? Sorry dude, you're just gross.. and don't lie, you know you wanted to cry when you didn't get to go for a helicopter ride.
    He's a Shvitzer. It's Yiddish for sweat. Whatever the language it's just plain GROSS!

I don't know if it's a medical condition. Could be that he's overweight, out of shape, and nervous. And Keith seems to have the same symptoms. I'd be sweating if Ramsay was screaming at me all the time, too.

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel View Post
    KEITH was the dripper. I mean seriously I would not want someone dripping that much to wait on me.
    I thought it was keith, too. I don't remember the gigantic droppings from Tom. But maybe I have them confused? I didn't watch the entire episode. Or was there two guys raining on the food??

Tom dripped in the concasse; Keith was dripping while he served. They are both drippers.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

Sounds like a constellation. The Two Drippers

I'd forgot Keith, don't know why seeing as Ramsay made a point of advising him to hustle up the stairs in order to maybe drop some pounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Leftcoaster View Post
    Sounds like a constellation. The Two Drippers
    That's perfect!
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

Tom dripped in the concasse; Keith was dripping while he served. They are both drippers.
    Oh. Thanks. Guess I missed drippy Tom. ewwwwwwww

oh no thats gross, 2 sweaty people? 1 making my food the other sweating it to my table? YEECK!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    I'm definitely not a fan of Toms. But, I really think he should have been excused from the kitchen duty after he burned himself. Even if it isn't "that bad", a burn is a burn.. and it really frickin' hurts!! I can see not being able to keep up with the kitchen as a layer or two of skin is bubbling off.
    An injury is an injury... anyone who is hurt should be excused to assess the damage. If they're alright to return, great.. if not, then send'm to the ER, or take them to bed...whatever is needed.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast