+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Show Synopsis

Quote Originally Posted by Hyper
    I believe it is LET'S GET IT ON - Depends if you are watching the Japanese or American version too I think.
    Uh, I thought that was supposed to be "The heat will be on!"

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    Bangagong, let's get IT.ON! That's what the 'announcer guy' says in the beginning.. but what I was referring to was the... ? ingredient guy? The guy who will interrupt the discussion with "SQUEEZEON!" and then the announcer will say.."go ahead".. and the guy will say whatever it is he wants to clarify..ie; ingredients.
    You're right about the beginning. The hubby and I always argue about what the ingredient guy (good name for him!) is saying. I think he says SQU-OO-ZZA, kinda like Excuse me. He thinks it is one of the announcers' name's.

Quote Originally Posted by SamsquanchInSK
    Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    The guy who will interrupt the discussion with "SQUEEZEON!" and then the announcer will say.."go ahead".. and the guy will say whatever it is he wants to clarify..ie; ingredients.
    I always thought he said "Fukusan" (like, foo-koo-san) really fast
    You would be correct, SamsquanchInSK. The announcer's name is Fukui Kenji, which is shortened to a more conversational "Fuku-san" by the floor correspondent. (Not that I'm an Iron Chef fanatic or anything...)

Umm...actually that should read "Fukui-san"....

Damn my poor spelling!

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyfairplay
    they should have had Emril, that would have been great.
    This sounds like a good show, Emril or not, and I will be watching, Ive always thought a show of this premise would be great!
    You are joking, I hope.

Well maybe it would have been great to see Ramsay beat up on Emeril. Threaten to shove something up something until he somethings a something something.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    Threaten to shove something up something until he somethings a something something.

I never watch cooking shows, so I wouldn't know a famous chef if I fell over one. But I've seen the commercials for this show and it looks pretty intriguing, so count me in.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

FORT Newbie
    As a chef with 30 years experience (not world renowned), the trailers for the show leave me cold. I will watch it at least once before I pass judgement on it. However, I have to add this: If one of my employers had EVER slapped a full plate of food onto my chest because he was displeased with it, that moron and I would have had a seriously physical "discussion" about it.

After 30 years, there is NO reason to treat one's staff in the manner portrayed in the commercials. I've run restaurants doing 8-900 covers on a slow week night and 1300+ covers on a Friday or Saturday night. No matter how busy we got, I never treated my staff, front or back of the house, like is shown in the commercials.

Like I said, I'll watch it a time or 3 before I pass judgement. Could be there's more to the story. There usually is.

Ahh, but you're not a famewhore, now are you Chef Dave? An integral part of this type of reality TV show is not reality per se, but putting non-actors into extreme and unusual situations with which they have little or no experience to fall back on. The fact that they'll put up with it for the "chance of a lifetime" speaks volumes to either their Buddha-like internal serenity or their soul-killing drive for fame. Personally, I've yet to see an example of the former on a reality show....

Of course, Gordon Ramsay's also a world-class prick (as well as an accomplished brown-noser), although hearing him slam the glitterati who frequent his restaurant is funny as hell, especially since he's obviously unaware that he's also describing himself.

I dunno about the "reality" of this show, I mean from the previews it looks just as if the chef (Ramsay?) wants to scream and scream and act like a five year old high on crack cocaine and entertain the public. From the few second preview it looked as if he just wanted to belittle the chefs for no other reason than he is their boss. Don't get me wrong, I'll be watching (school lets out!!) but it's still kinda strange. More entertainment than anything else-- I know it goes for other "reality" shows too but this just seems over the top, even to this Bachelor fan
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by jmb
    I've seen the previews too. I like the part where one of the contestants says "He's as mean as Simon Cowell"... then someone else says "He's way worse than Simon Cowell".
    Could be interesting... and there's always an opportunity for a food fight!
    Simon is positively charming compared to Gordon. Gordon is very to the point and honest, like Simon, but he just has a slightly different way of saying it.

He may seem harsh and even shocking to some viewers, at the start of the series, but by the end of it, he is full of praise and the chefs respect him for what he has taught them.

We are currently watching him in a new series of Kitchen Nightmares, where he goes to different restaurants each week that are very doomed, dirty, not getting customers etc and he turns them around and sets the chef on the right path to making it work. Brilliant series.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast