+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Gordon Ramsay, Head Chef

Re: Gordon Ramsay, Head Chef

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno;2430657;
    I LOVE how he was screaming, "STOP CRYING! STOPPP CRYINGGGGGG!"
    Boy did he ever look uncomfortable. I would have been too. That wasn't crying, it was sobbing hysterically.

I can't wait to see the first plate of food shoved into some guy's chest. Hopefully it'll be Crisco-lips, anger-boy.
    Vinnie? What a tool.

FORT Fanatic

Finally!! My favorite show is back on. I love Gordon and this season's cast is terrific with so much potential for disaster!!!

Only one thing that bothers me...I HATE Risotto and it seems to be a staple for all fine dining. I feel sorry for the potential chefs because it's not that easy to make correctly and usually comes out sticky and icky.

I can't tell from the show, but do you think the customers can hear Chef Ramsay shouting? It appears that they can.

What kind of dining experience would that be...late food, prepared by beginners...late and cold...with the chef yelling to top it all off.

Quote Originally Posted by Strange1;2442051;
    I can't tell from the show, but do you think the customers can hear Chef Ramsay shouting? It appears that they can.

What kind of dining experience would that be...late food, prepared by beginners...late and cold...with the chef yelling to top it all off.
    It's all staged - actors as diners, they know they're not going for a "fine Dining" experience
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2442056;
    It's all staged - actors as diners, they know they're not going for a "fine Dining" experience

OK, that's good, especially when Chef Ramsay throws the whole blue line out during serving.

Leo
    Premium Member

Staged isn't quite the right word I'd use. They recruit people under the premise of "trying a new restaurant". They sign non-disclosure agreements and are paid for the night.

There's an account of someone who actually ate at HK floating around. It's not that hard to find in Google.

Hell, I'd sign a non-disclosure and take the fifty bucks. I'd eat dinner before showing up. Easy money. Sign me up!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Somewhere in the middle of the North Atlantic

I'd never seen Top Chef before, but it's on Bravo right now. Something's missing but I couldn't quite put my finger on what it was. And then I realized it was Chef Ramsay.

I was still a bit foggy on the OBE medal, so I found this on Wiki and decided to share... just in case I wasn't the only confused colonial!

The Most Excellent Order of the British Empire (OBE) is a British order of chivalry established on 4 June 1917 by King George V. The Order includes five classes in civil and military divisions; in decreasing order of seniority, these are
    Knight Grand Cross or Dame Grand Cross (GBE)
    Knight Commander or Dame Commander (KBE or DBE)
    Commander (CBE)
    Officer (OBE)
    Member (MBE)

Only the two highest ranks entail admission into knighthood allowing the recipient to use the title 'Sir' (male) or 'Dame' (female) before his or her name, so long as he/she is a national of a realm where the Queen is Head of State. If not, the recipient may use the honour but not the title before their name.
    Last edited by libra1022; 06-18-2007 at 11:07 PM.
    Romantic Skeptic!

Of course... no way anyone would actually pay a check at that place. I imagine some of the patrons are fans and others just want the cash. Funny how they always get a table or two to complain.
    Also, it would be interesting to know just how many of the actors/customers are actually familiar with fine dining restaurants and typical cuisine. I'm betting on very few... thats probably why good ol g-ram tastes every single thing before he sends it out because the actors aren't really going to know what to compare some of these dishes too (although they can still of course say if they think its personally good).

+ Reply to Thread