+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Gordon Ramsay, Head Chef

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Mayo View Post
    I have not ever seen Ramsay on any other show, so my opinion on him is based on my "virginal" viewing of Hell's Kitchen for the first time last night.

The only positive thing this #&*%#@ Pond-Jumping Shar Pei does for me is to forcefully shove me into my happy place where I can now, almost reverently, worship of the Human Dignity of Tim Gunn.

*and with that, I also respect those of you who find him tolerable or (I can't believe I'm going to type this out loud) "Hot".
    Oh, you are very funny. I used to share your opinion until I saw his BBCA shows. There you see the real man and he is very compelling. Hell's Kitchen is an act and designed to entertain.

Maveno, yes he is married to a beautiful blonde and has 3 young kids, twins account for two of them.

FORT Regular

GRrrrr

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno View Post
    @ Magic Mayo.
    I'm glad you're Fox's biatch for Hell's Kitchen, Magic Mayo.. I love reading your posts!
    "#&*%#@ Pond-Jumping Shar Pei" is priceless!
    Thanks Marveno for the welcome back! I took a little time off after Top Chef to recharge my Snarking Battery. So I'm back now in training on HK; gearing up for the Ultimate Cutting-Edge Snark Marathon: Project Runway 3! (Dear Bravo, a warped, sarcastic mind is a terrible thing to waste...please send me another Santino!)
    Last edited by Magic Mayo; 06-14-2006 at 02:11 AM.

FORT Regular

His GRrrr May Be Worse Than His (bleeping) Bite?

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbat View Post
    I used to share your opinion until I saw his BBCA shows. There you see the real man and he is very compelling. Hell's Kitchen is an act and designed to entertain.
    I often like to labor under the illusion that I am open-minded enough for my opinions to be fluid...always growing and expanding (although that could also pertain to my butt!). I understand, from nomading the net, that Ramsay's other tv programs show him in a more posiive light with other facets of his personality. Unfortunately, I don't get BBCAM and so cannot personally form a better opinion of him for myself based on his other work. He seems to be highly regarded as a chef and has received some much-sot-after rubber tire stars. So I'm aware that he doesn't completely suck in every avenue of life...just on Hell's Kitchen!

Thanks for mentioning the other programs. I'll have to investigate the possible purchasing of the high-tech recordings of this man's most illustrious career at my personally favorite, obscenely expensive Boutique: SHAY-EE-BAY

hahahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by museumguy View Post
    Obviously, his resturant has a sound proof kitchen or he would lose a star or two
    I'm sure the chefs in his 3 michelin star restaurant don't make many mistakes and certainly not amateur ones the contestants on Hell's Kitchen do.

Chef R is fabulous in his role on HK! HOT!

He fits the absolute role model of a top chef: He believes that his
    restaurant and his career is his life's blessing to the common folk. He demands respect from the staff. His ego must surpass anyone else's in the kitchen. Period. Maybe on the earth as well

Every Chef I've known (ahem, not in that way ) has a certain "personality". You have to be able to dish it out and do what it takes to make it work, cause it's your name, reputation and butt on the line. And your staff is your right hand. If you can't trust your staff to simply turn on an oven, man ..........you've got trouble.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by superfly View Post
    I'm sure the chefs in his 3 michelin star restaurant don't make many mistakes and certainly not amateur ones the contestants on Hell's Kitchen do.
    Did he get his third Michelin star then??

Last I heard he was still trying for the 3rd star.

Welcome to Hippo Heaven dogabone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogbat View Post
    yes he is married to a beautiful blonde and has 3 young kids, twins account for two of them.
    Just an FYI: There's now a fourth kid, so Ramsay obviously gets out of the kitchen occasionally!
    Mother Hubbard
    Queen of the Grammar Hammers

FORT Newbie
    I really like this show and it's concept, but I think I'm done watching. Ramsey's cussing and yelling is just getting annoying and old. I watched one of his shows on BBC (where he helps someone revive a restaurant) so I know he can be helpful and at least somewhat pleasant.

Quote Originally Posted by dogabone View Post
    Just an FYI: There's now a fourth kid, so Ramsay obviously gets out of the kitchen occasionally!
    Well, he's got to take all that aggression out on someone!

FORT Newbie
    I'm sure I'm in the minority here, but I kind of like Ramsay's f-bomb laden tirades. It's kind of fun to watch someone unabashedly flip out like that. Like when he called Giacomo a donkey. That was priceless. So sad to see that scrawny little mop-head go.

+ Reply to Thread