+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 8-9 recap: It's Getting GUGly in Here

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by spegs
    It’s Getting GUGly in Here

And so, just one week in, we find our GUG-watching selves on FORT probation. That’s right, one more toe out of line and the whole forum is going to disappear like the only ethnic guy on The Bachelor. I can’t say I’m surprised. After all, this is pretty inflammatory stuff here, right? Explosive—like lighting up during a gasoline fight. So I would like to take this opportunity to request that, in this thread at least, you guys go on and…knock yourselves out. Cuss your little potty mouths off. Use all the lingo u r 2 kewl 2 resist. Hurl insults at each other. Question the virtue of each others’ mothers. Free me from my misery. Please.

*sigh*

The beautiful moment has come; another week of GUG is behind us. But I sense an atmosphere of hostility here… You don’t like my take on the Gottis? Well…let’s fight about it. C’mon. I triple dog dare you.

Let’s take this outside…
    Hey Spegs:

I have read your post and I still am trying to figure what you are saying in the 1st & Last paragraph..... Please explain.....

You said:" we find our GUG-watching selves on FORT probation. That’s right, one more toe out of line and the whole forum is going to disappear ".

Please explain what FORT probation is....

To me it looks like either you are saying. That either the show or this Forum is just about on their way out the door....

In the last Paragraph it sounds to me that you dislike the show...If so...I aggree, I don't like it either....No matter how much they advertize that its great. I think the show is awful and should be gone like the wind....

FORT Newbie

Toula

Anyone know who Toula is ? A little background please.

LG.
    Fantastic recap, spegys I haven't caught the show, yet somehow I feel like I've enjoyed it more this way. Thanks for taking one for the team, and hopefully we'll get to keep enjoying your recaps for this show.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

eny
    FORT Fogey

You said:" we find our GUG-watching selves on FORT probation. That’s right, one more toe out of line and the whole forum is going to disappear ".

Please explain what FORT probation is....
    It means that even though our dear spegs has had to write her fingers to the bone and create excellent recaps, that all of the "OMG I ToTLLI LUV aLl THosE GoTTis , and BTW IM ThAIR GF" posts we have had to delete because they are just stupid , have made us reconsider whether to even cover the show. Not exactly keeping with the intelligent well thought out posts in our other forums.

Note my sig line - it's an example.

omg eny I am dying laughing!! I actually understood some of that pig latin. I think I'm going to have to steal the last line for my sig.. it's perfect!

not nearly as perfect as spegs' recap though!! Spegs you actually made this show funny to watch. Thank you!
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I am wondering if were talking about the same poster... When I was submitting my thoughts of the show this person who came right after me was leaving responses was I dunno WHERE to begin... I got a headache trying to read it. Everyone does mispell cause I have a tendecy of doing that if I don't catch it but this one took the cake.

Ah, Spegs, what a snarkaliciously fantastic recap! This rates as one of the best I've read--I was cracking up at just about every line! Wonderful job . . . you're so above this show. *sigh* GUG rhymes with ugh. As for the song "These Boots are Made for Walking," I shall never listen to it again. Awesome, hilarious job!

A few very GOLDEN moments:

Explosive—like lighting up during a gasoline fight. So I would like to take this opportunity to request that, in this thread at least, you guys go on and…knock yourselves out. Cuss your little potty mouths off. Use all the lingo u r 2 kewl 2 resist. Hurl insults at each other. Question the virtue of each others’ mothers. Free me from my misery. Please.

You all know how much I adore Vic’s voiceovers, and I’m thrilled to say this episode is just chock-full of Vic-tastic nuggets of wisdom. She amazes us now with the revelation that understanding teenagers is hard. Wow. Deep. Let’s all ponder that.

(Is it wrong that I’m hoping one of the lemmings finds a cliff? Just for the good of humanity. The gene pool must be cleansed.)

(One wonders…would she be okay with a tattoo of a frying pan? Discuss).

Because they don’t make morphing tattoos, do they? Ones that start out looking like a picture of John Gotti, but then fade into the playboy logo after a month… Well, I’m sure they’ll develop the technology soon.

For a moment, let us consider the GUG logo at the top of this page. The name Gotti, framed in gold and studded with diamonds like some rapper’s tasteless, oversized neckplate. This (and the mansion, and the cars, and the jewelry…) would seem to suggest that the Gottis are affluent, and I wonder why Vic always complains about making ends meet. Maybe it’s one of those rich people things—“I can’t afford to buy an island off the coast of Rio de Janeiro, thus I must be at starvations door.” Or maybe I’m too judgmental. You decide.

(Lil’ Foreshadowing kicks me in the shins and runs away giggling).

Now, I miss a lot of this conversation, even with the closed captioning on, because these boys mumble like Guido broke their jaws for being late with the protection money.

Larry enjoys rubbing in how much the tattooing is going to hurt. He says that when he got his, he “wanted to cry,” and a strange echo effect repeats the word “cry, cry, cry.” The editors must be as bored as I am—they’re trying to spice it up.

Vic flirts a little, very lame stuff about how she needs their help because it’s “just lil’ old me here.” Old being the key word.

Vic also asks them to wash her Mercedes. Tacky. That’s like asking the grocery checker to walk your dog.

John calls her crazy and Vic says “I’ll show you crazy!” But she doesn’t, and I’m disappointed. I was hoping for a Simpsons-The Shining scene (“No TV and no beer make Homer…..” “Go crazy?” “Don’t MIND if I do!”).

The beautiful moment has come; another week of GUG is behind us. But I sense an atmosphere of hostility here… You don’t like my take on the Gottis? Well…let’s fight about it. C’mon. I triple dog dare you.

FORT Newbie

curious ..

I recently read spegs's little commentary and I found myself utterly confused. Obviously he or she put a lot of thought and creativity into the piece. It must have been somewhat time consuming. You apparently have a strong hatred for Growing Up Gotti. All I want to know is why you would actually sit there and watch the show so intently if you weren't even enjoying it. What's the point? You then continue to waste your time by writing your very long, drawn out, negative opinion. Don't get me wrong, your remarks were extremely well written and inventive. I still think, though, if you didn't like the show, why even put in the effort? Next time, save your energy and just change the channel.
    Last edited by MANg0; 08-13-2004 at 07:07 PM.

MANgO, our writers are required to choose the show they wish to recap before that show hits the airwaves. It is very tough on the writer to create an entertaining and humorous recap (and that is the type of recap we write here, and we make no apology for it) when the show itself turns out to be a dud.

This show is a complete disaster in my view, others may disagree, but because it is so bad, it only highlights how much work spegs has had to put in to write an excellent and entertaining recap.

So why not turn the channel? Because spegs volunteered to do this, and spegs is dedicated to the site. Rather than ask them to not watch, I am thankful that someone is there taking the bullet so that rest of us can read something that is far better than a piece of crap show.

Thank you spegs!
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

FORT Newbie
    In response to the new piece of information I have just recognized, my apologies do go out to spegs. Also, for the record, I did give credit to the article. There's no denying that the post was extremely well thought out and I guess can be seen as entertaining. Again, I apologize as I was not familiar with the nature of this site. I wasn't aware the show was chosen prior to its airing. Thank you and sorry once again.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast