+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tattoos as memorial or to Glorify John Gotti?

Tattoos as memorial or to Glorify John Gotti?

What does everyone think of the boys running out to get Tattoos to honor the memory of their dead grandfather (the mob father)? Do you think that these boys realize what they are doing, or do you think that they are just trying to glorify John Gotti and his death?
    I used to have a handle on life... but then it broke off.

FORT Newbie
    Well I think it is nice... However, I think they just want a tattoo. I wonder of it just the boys who get the a tattoo when they turn 17..

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Eh, why not. It's their grandfather and they're proud to be related to him. I'd much rather them get that tattoo than ohh... the taz. :rolleyes

If anyone has this as a tattoo, please... don't take any offense, I just find it a strange tattoo to have.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

No doubt they just want a tattoo. Besides, he was their grandpa, maybe he doted on them and they happen to have good memories of him? Their name is Gotti, their faces are plastered all over TV, there's no point denying who they are.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

We may see it as trying to glorify who John was since he was such a huge figure in the mafia but I think for his family it might be more personal. John got the tattoo cuz he wants it but the reason behind it might be different than how other people see it.
    Embrace me, surround me . . . as the rush comes

Now, I never knew my grandfather (he died 41 years ago, and I am 23). And although I never knew him I feel a sense of loyalty and pride where he is concerned. He was a great man who lived a wonderful, admirable life, but I am not about to go out and have his name scrawled across my body, permanently. I would however choose our family name, in honor of our family and what it means to me. But then again, my grandpa was not involved in organized crime, either.
    I used to have a handle on life... but then it broke off.

I guess John does feel a sense of loyalty towards his grandfather. Like he said before he got the tattoo, if it werent for his grandfather he wouldnt be here today and have the things he does.
    Embrace me, surround me . . . as the rush comes

Does anyone notice that they have an almost God-Like worshiping of him? There's photos of him everywhere (which of couse you would have pictures of your grandpa around the house, but this is over the top) and they have a "John Gotti" plaque at the bottom of each (why? in case these geniuses forget who he is?). The best part is in those promos when they kids shout "I swear to grandpa I didn't use your gel!!" (instead of swear to God).

Sorry, but if my Grandpa whacked half of Jersey , I wouldn't quite have the family pride they do.....

they want the tattoos so people will know who they are "with".....it's so sad to watch Victoria try to discipline them, she hasn't a clue what to do b/c her whole life she grew up where the fathers just scared the sons to death, and she just yells and screams like a harpy, but it doesn't bother them in the least.
    anyone notice she only wears alllllll black or alllll white?

FORT Newbie

JOhns tattoo

Quote Originally Posted by HelloCity
    Does anyone notice that they have an almost God-Like worshiping of him? There's photos of him everywhere (which of couse you would have pictures of your grandpa around the house, but this is over the top) and they have a "John Gotti" plaque at the bottom of each (why? in case these geniuses forget who he is?). The best part is in those promos when they kids shout "I swear to grandpa I didn't use your gel!!" (instead of swear to God).

Sorry, but if my Grandpa whacked half of Jersey , I wouldn't quite have the family pride they do.....
    You have to understand that John and Carmine got their tattoos out of respect for their grandfather, he obviously meant so much to them or they wouldnt have done it right? I think that they just wanted to show that they do miss him and they do it in a different way that anyone else might do but I personally can relate to it because I have a tattoo in memory in loved ones who have passed. So who are we to judge them for getting the tattoos, even if John Gotti was the "mob boss" to the kids he probnably wasnt that he was their grandpa and nothing else, they probaby look up to him a great deal. But if you still disagree feel free to write back i'd love to hear what you think!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast