+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tattoos as memorial or to Glorify John Gotti?

..I bury dem cockaroches! lovely_lady's Avatar
    RIGHT ON!!!! I so agree
    Say good night to the bad guy...

Ok .. here is my first problem with the whole thing .. Since when are you allowed to get a tattoo at 17 without your parent present? Legal age is 18 but I know that you can get them younger with parental permission and you have to sign a release form.
    What was this tattooist doing showing his face and his shop to all and sundry when what he was doing was actually illegal??
    Someone care to enlighten me?

17 is too young to mark your body for life - I dont care who it pays tribute to. The tat's themselves are TOO big, ostentatious and just plain gaudy .. as opposed to Gotti. I would have been all over that tattooist if they did that to my kid. If you want a tat that badly at 17 you will still want it at 18. right?
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    Ok .. here is my first problem with the whole thing .. Since when are you allowed to get a tattoo at 17 without your parent present? Legal age is 18 but I know that you can get them younger with parental permission and you have to sign a release form.
    What was this tattooist doing showing his face and his shop to all and sundry when what he was doing was actually illegal??
    Someone care to enlighten me?

17 is too young to mark your body for life - I dont care who it pays tribute to. The tat's themselves are TOO big, ostentatious and just plain gaudy .. as opposed to Gotti. I would have been all over that tattooist if they did that to my kid. If you want a tat that badly at 17 you will still want it at 18. right?
    Well most tattoo places will let you get a tattoo at like 16 o 17 and i'm sure if your John Gotti's grandson that no one is going to say no to u!! and John did have someone with him who was over 18 so theres no problem

the someone with him was not his legal guardian .. I just think this tattooist let himself in for a whollllle whack of trouble.
    I'm not against tattoos, I have one myself - that I got at the ripe old age of 28.. 17 is just way too young IMO.

gotti girl you might want to becareful about using lingo ie: U instead of you.. the site is very strict about it

I agree with you, Duxx, 17 is too young.

I notice a rash of girls in particular over here getting tattoos as early as 14, which they can do with their parents written consent.
    What are those parents thinking?
    "That's Numberwang!"

Thank you to Duxxy and Fluff, who are thinking along my lines.

I am 23, and considering getting a tattoo. But even at this age, I am still wondering what it should be, after all, you've got it for life. And all this talk about "They have the money, so removing it wouldn't be a problem" is ridiculous. :rolleyes At 17 you might think that that is alright, but once you grow up some more, you realize that you shouldn't throw away your money. It's not like taking an eraser to your back, and presto! It's gone! We should all be so lucky to un-do the things we have done like that!
    Victoria has a point and has every right blasting her son like that.
    I used to have a handle on life... but then it broke off.

yeah dude i rock
    im 15 i have a tattoo my mom says do whatever you want your the one who has to live with it forever so i think its sexy

15? - still a child in the eyes of the law - 15 yr olds shouldn't be sexy yet!! That's part of what's wrong with the world today - we are letting our kids grow up too fast in the wrong ways.

I would allow piercings before I would ever allow a tattoo. Yes, tats are removeable but it's very expensive and VERY painfull from what I hear. The only thing that I can agree on about John's tattoo is that it is a sujbect that is close to his heart and it's doubtful that he'll ever regret the subject matter... until he runs into a member of a rival gang in prison (where he is most likely headed - maybe for white collar stuff like his father) and that prisioner decides to make an example of him.
    You know it could happen.

One would think at 15, that you'd be spending more time in an English class and less time in a tattoo parlor. But, I guess that's why Social Services was invented.

Tattoos are expensive to remove. It's also a very painful, time-consuming process, and the end result is usually bleached out skin. You never go back to whatever your skin looked like before the tattoo. It's much easier to get a tattoo than to remove it, and getting a tattoo is painful by itself.

I can't believe a parent who would let their 15-year-old get a tattoo. If you're not mature enough to wait three years to permanently alter your body, you're not mature enough to decide what design you will have on your body for the rest of your life.

I guess by getting a tat of his grandpa he's forever giving up a career in law enforcement.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast