+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did YOU call your mother names like Gotti boys obviously do?

FORT Newbie

Did YOU call your mother names like Gotti boys obviously do?

I just can't this off my mind. Obviously the incident was not shown to us, but but Victoria was telling uncle Pete that Carmine was calling me "all kinds of names," about the prom argument. I'm like damn, what names? Must have been too ugly to broadcast.

Also at the dinner table, I couldn't help but wonder if Frank was REALLY sneaking in a way to call his mom a slut about her decision to date when he said: "I'm going to go on a blind date, the biggest slut in New York. Let me have her." Victoria was rendered speechless by that comment.

I don't think these kids though are that slick or mature enough to contain their underlying feelings and emotions. The show was littered with numerous unchecked phrases, interactions, and subversive communication. It's obvious that mother has big time conflicts with all 3 sons. Her only measure of control seems be hinged on providing them without outrageous gifts just so she can assert what little parental authority she has by taking the items away when they don't listen to her.

FORT Newbie

Disrespect for Victoria

As much as I love the show, I am quite surprised with how the brothers talk to eachother and their mother. They are extremely disrespectful. I feel really bad for Victoria having to deal with her three sons. As much as she tries it seems like she can't get them under control. I think she could sure use a vacation.

It's Apollonia James 2 U
    But like in most reality shows they probably rarely say those things to victoria and teh way they edit it it make it look so

&#*(%)@*&$# No!

[mod edit] the way those boys behave is the same as how the osbourne silbings behave, how the biggins (trading spouses) kids behave, how proabably 99% of the kids behave in this country, rich or otherwise.

If the three brothers behave anything other than what was portrayed on tv I would say there's something very fishy going on with the show.... it's expected.... it's why we watch reality tv in the first place.... without the antics of the family members in reality shows like "growing up gotti" is the same as sitcoms without the comedy, it's impossible!
    Last edited by JR.; 08-07-2004 at 09:16 PM.

FORT Newbie
    I think Victoria said it best when she said "They dont have a good father figure." If John Sr was alive today, those boys would never even think twice as to open their mouth back at her. However on the other hand i dont think he was calling her a slut. They dont want her to date. So in comparison she wouldnt want him to date the biggest slut. And as far as what she told Pete lol that was a funny scene. When im mad at my mom she says i call her all sorts of names without me even swearing at her. Eg, you are controlling, you always want your way, just because you grew up like this and i didnt, and the most obvious is "Oh shes a b*". And it may be bad but in the heat of the moment and arguing with my mom i stop and think that also.
    And yeh someone else said it, its the common behaviour on reality shows, unfortunately its hardly ever reality. I would cringe if my fights with my mom and family went on tv because they would probably look like they were over nothing just like the boys fights do. I think what the boys lack is someone to show them the respect towards their mom that they should have. It wouldnt surprise me if they act a lot like their father who she divorced, maybe he took her for granted like the kids seem to do. Frankie even said almost to taunt Vicki "Maybe ill move in with dad when he gets out."

FORT Newbie
    Yes it's reality TV, but I just don't believe it was a game plan to trash mom. It's more like auto pilot aka a bad habit gone amok. I hope they see themselves, feel bad, and cease treating their mom this way.

I'm sorry folks, I wouldn't be around to write this IF I had EVER called my mother names, let alone any elder...neither would anyone else is my very large family. Disagreed that 99% of kids call their parents names. Otherwise, no public comments would be made. The Gotti boys defiance did not seem at all rehearsed.

I think Carmine needs to get a job, move out, so he doesn't have to argue about when he can come and go. After all he is 18 yet seems to very, very immature.

AND what about her trashing he own son...calling him a schemer, "My son is always scheming." Maybe he learned from her in the name calling dept. Also, he surely remembers the fights his parents had. The dad is diagnosed with bi-polar. With that condition, those closest to you are taken on roller coaster rides faster than ones found in amusement parks. I’m also wondering where the aggression comes from who hit whom as a model? AND folks don’t tell me they learned it on TV or from rap music.

Call ANY adult names like the Gotti boys obviously do?

HELL, no!

Back in the day (i.e., MY day), you call ANY adult a name, you'd be getting up off the ground and picking up your teeth.

And BTW, IF you were stupid enough to do that, you could rest assured that by the time you made it to your front door (teeth clutched in your hand), the head of your household was standing there, holding that door open, ready, willing and able to play a tattoo on your behind.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

FORT Newbie
    Not all families have the "you are 18, get out and support yourself" thing. My sister is 25 and my parents like for her to be back home at 12. Of course that doesnt happen but thats how parents are. Protective at any age. Carmine is off to school in september i believe. He'll always be her baby, regardless of if hes 36 with kids, she wont want him getting himself in trouble.

I think the age difference is why we are having this discussion. Im 19, so how my parents treat me now is just as how Vicki treats the boys. My parents call me a schemer because i am always trying to bend the rules around them and we fight just like that. I still love my parents dearly.

Back in the day it was called discipline, please understand today it is called child abuse.. You cant give your kid a beating like they did back then now. You can smack them a little and thats about it. You cant really compare growing up in the 70s or prior to than growing up now which might be why watching kids acting like that is such a shock. Thats how many of my friends and many households ive been in live.

Quote Originally Posted by GottiLove
    Back in the day it was called discipline, please understand today it is called child abuse.. You cant give your kid a beating like they did back then now. You can smack them a little and thats about it. You cant really compare growing up in the 70s or prior to than growing up now which might be why watching kids acting like that is such a shock. Thats how many of my friends and many households ive been in live.
    I never realize by being in my mid 30's and having grown up in the 1970's made me so ancient & out of touch.

The difference then and now...My parents wanted me to turn out to be a socially acceptable girl. That they were not scared, if let outside of their home, I would scandalize the whole family. Raising a child with discipline and manners appearantly is so 1970's.....

I will say this... all children need discipline. A parent needs to be a parent. Not a buddy. A parent needs to set a standard way of life in a home. I can not for the life of me understand how by the time a child starts to talk its suddenly an arguement about who runs the house.

And if one chooses to live in their parents home after the age of 18... rent free... eating their food... then you have to follow the house rules. If you are so grown, then move out. Otherwise show your parents the respect they deserve.

The thing that kills me with these boys of Victoria's is they simply do not have any boundries. And that is not from "editing". You can not make anyone look that bad if you had to... and if there were ever a set of children in need of some discipline its these 3. And Victoria gets all my prayers that she does not run down one of them with that ATV in a future show!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast