Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 34

Thread: A question for those who think AE is wrong for this show

  1. #21
    Team Choca. Brad who?! Alanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    9,066
    Alright, honestly I haven't read most of this thread other than the first post. And I laughed for like 5 mins straight about John Sr. putting dead bodies on the table and saying "look what Daddy did today" . Awesome!!

    Now as far as to the question that was posed, I think or to me it anyway, it is because she lives such a good lifestyle, huge house, fancy parties, nice cars ect ect ect and yet most of it is money from her Dad's "job". Also the only reason for this show is because she has the Gotti name. I know she has written a book before and is the editor of a tabloid. But how come the editor of Us Weekly or In Touch doesn't get a show? Or the single mom with the 2 kids down the street? Well that's because these people are famous, why? Because of her father, so indeed to me it is like she is getting a payoff for what her father did. I def don't think that the kids need to be punished for their parents problems but I also don't think they need to be rewarded for them either.

    And for the record I've seen maybe 5 mins of this show and heard about it from 20/20, where they had an extensive interview w/ her aobut the show.

    Now feel free to disagree, I love to debate
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

  2. #22
    FORT Fan decan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    I LIVE HERE
    Posts
    277
    would love to but prying eyes are watching..... sigh

  3. #23
    It's Apollonia James 2 U
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by 32radar
    John Gotti was a cold blooded ruthless murderer. He was scum of the Earth. His family should be social pariah, not glamorized on TV. Gotti's daughter has obviously benefited from the wealth of her father. That's organized crime money. Money that is tainted with the blood of dozens of Gotti victims. The Gotti family should be stripped of their wealth and sent packing to the welfare lines!

    I am outraged that A&E would put such a program on the air. I've always thought A&E was of a better class of programming. I say they should leave this kind of trash to the likes of Jerry Springer. And from what I've seen in the promos that family is trash!
    Well actually the wealth she living in now is her husbands, not her fathers. Her husband fronted a mutil-million dollar a year business in scrap metal

  4. #24
    Rude and Abrasive Texicana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    in the kitchen, darling!
    Age
    44
    Posts
    4,842
    Yeah let's blame Victoria and her kids for the family the chose to be born into. Shame on them :phhht
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

  5. #25
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanna
    Also the only reason for this show is because she has the Gotti name. ... But how come the editor of Us Weekly or In Touch doesn't get a show? Or the single mom with the 2 kids down the street? Well that's because these people are famous, why? Because of her father, so indeed to me it is like she is getting a payoff for what her father did. I def don't think that the kids need to be punished for their parents problems but I also don't think they need to be rewarded for them either.
    Alanna i dont agree or disagree really with what you are saying. Vic was born into the family which automatically made her famous. Famous for reasons she wanted? Probably not. Regardless of, she is famous. So now that she gets a chance to do the reality show, all i am saying is how wrong it is to say "Its a show about the mob" or because of her father, it should be taken off air. The show isnt about her father. Unless she married into the family, i wouldnt have this issue but she was born into it...thus didnt choose her family or the outcome of her birth. Everyone with a reality tv show is famous or they get famous from living in big brother circumstances.
    John said on 20/20 that this gives them a chance to be unique and stand out and that is all they are doing. Coming out from the "Gotti=mob family" rock that they have lived under for so long. And its only fair to give them a chance. I dont want to see the show as a 'reward' because i dont agree that people should be rewarded 20million for acting in a 1.5 hr comedy when people are starving in this world and $5 would fix that. But thats how life goes. Its almost like saying Ozzy Osbourne was 'rewarded' for biting the head off a bat or abusing drugs and alcohol. And Anna Nicole was 'rewarded' for being a gold digger. These are just things that made them famous. Things they chose to do. Vic never had a choice about being famous.

  6. #26
    Team Choca. Brad who?! Alanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    9,066
    Gottilove--- as far as Ozzy Osbourne & Anna Nicole Smith are concerned, that's completely different. Neither Ozzy nor Anna got their money or their fame by harming hundreds, prehaps thousands of people. Whatever Ozzy and Anna did that were wrong, were wrong only unto themselves. Ozzy didn't encourage kids to take drugs or smoke by SELLING them to the kids; and Anna didn't kill her husband or any of his family for her purposes. John Sr. on the other hand did this, and because he did I don't think it's right to use his name for Victoria or her sons to make themselves famous and get a television show for it.

    She herself hasn't achieved anything yet, she is STILL living off her father's name. No one would know or care what the editor of Star was doing or her sons if they didn't have the Gotti name. And this whole they have the stigma now and it's not fair to them, wah wah wah thing is ridiculous. Who are the families of the victims going to complain to? Why don't they get a chance to tell their story?? Of course Victoria didn't participate in the mob or anything, I know, but at the same time she acts as if this is all in the past and now it's ok to cash in on the famous last name. Uhh no, it's not, it's never going to be ok. And IMHO it's soo wrong for A&E to do this-- why not give a show to someone that actaully has done something worth getting a show for or at least isn't using the name of a person that killed and harmed so many people to get her own way??

    Oh and Goldilocks it doesn't matter whether she is living off her husbands or dad's money, both of those men are in jail, either way she is cashing in on money won by killing and hurting others.
    Last edited by Alanna; 08-09-2004 at 02:14 PM.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

  7. #27
    It's Apollonia James 2 U
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanna
    Gottilove--- as far as Ozzy Osbourne & Anna Nicole Smith are concerned, that's completely different. Neither Ozzy nor Anna got their money or their fame by harming hundreds, prehaps thousands of people. Whatever Ozzy and Anna did that were wrong, were wrong only unto themselves. Ozzy didn't encourage kids to take drugs or smoke by SELLING them to the kids; and Anna didn't kill her husband or any of his family for her purposes. John Sr. on the other hand did this, and because he did I don't think it's right to use his name for Victoria or her sons to make themselves famous and get a television show for it.

    She herself hasn't achieved anything yet, she is STILL living off her father's name. No one would know or care what the editor of Star was doing or her sons if they didn't have the Gotti name. And this whole they have the stigma now and it's not fair to them, wah wah wah thing is ridiculous. Who are the families of the victims going to complain to? Why don't they get a chance to tell their story?? Of course Victoria didn't participate in the mob or anything, I know, but at the same time she acts as if this is all in the past and now it's ok to cash in on the famous last name. Uhh no, it's not, it's never going to be ok. And IMHO it's soo wrong for A&E to do this-- why not give a show to someone that actaully has done something worth getting a show for or at least isn't using the name of a person that killed and harmed so many people to get her own way??

    Oh and Goldilocks it doesn't matter whether she is living off her husbands or dad's money, both of those men are in jail, either way she is cashing in on money won by killing and hurting others.
    yeah but her husband did kill anyone, etc. he's in there for stuff relating to taxes. But i mean really if your so offended by the show don't watch it, and why would you come to a forum totally about the show, register then come and talk to people here who dont really care what you say because they like the show? Your not gonna change anyone's opinion, wheather you are trying to or not. You talk about how Vic act like it's all in the past, what do you want her to do state at the begining of every show "i'm sorry for whoever my father hurt or killed", I mean why are you judging her on what her father did, on the gotti name, she's not trying to cash in on the gotti name she's trying to show people like you that she not apart of that, themob has nothing to do with her, i mean all her life people have thrown all these names at her for being john gotti's daughter. What would you do if you were his daughter and all your life people see you not as you but as this mob princess? Wouldnt you want to prove them wrong? It's people like you that make her want to pronve herself to the world.

  8. #28
    FORT Fogey Florimel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    6,163
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggyrat
    Hallelujah. Someone with the same thoughts as I have. I agree 110% with this posting. A&E has tainted their reputation with this show....
    Add me to the list. I used to watch A&E on almost a daily basis, when we could expect shows such as "Shackleford", "Horation Hornblower," "Poirot," "Nero Wolf," "Journey to Middle Earth", "Breakfast with the Arts", etc.

    I find "Growing Up Gotti", to be an example of neither the arts nor entertainment. And no, I do not watch the Osborne show either.

  9. #29
    Rude and Abrasive Texicana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    in the kitchen, darling!
    Age
    44
    Posts
    4,842
    I bet A&E's viewing numbers have gone up, even with the Gotti haters not watching.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

  10. #30
    ..I bury dem cockaroches! lovely_lady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    a ball of confusion
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Texicana
    I bet A&E's viewing numbers have gone up, even with the Gotti haters not watching.
    I know I'll be watching
    Say good night to the bad guy...

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.