Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A question for those who think AE is wrong for this show

Quote Originally Posted by decan
    I have the upmost respect for your opinion... please don't take this the wrong way but I have to ask you what is the difference between the Osbourne kids and the Gottis? That's my point.
    The Osborne kids seem to respect their mother more than the Gotti boys do.

Quote Originally Posted by 32radar
    John Gotti was a cold blooded ruthless murderer. He was scum of the Earth. His family should be social pariah, not glamorized on TV. Gotti's daughter has obviously benefited from the wealth of her father. That's organized crime money. Money that is tainted with the blood of dozens of Gotti victims. The Gotti family should be stripped of their wealth and sent packing to the welfare lines!

I am outraged that A&E would put such a program on the air. I've always thought A&E was of a better class of programming. I say they should leave this kind of trash to the likes of Jerry Springer. And from what I've seen in the promos that family is trash!
    I'm tempted to agree. But, I'm also of the mind that what your parents do is no reflection on you, you don't get to choose your family. If your father is an organized crime Don, it's not your fault. She has made her some of her own money as a writer and gossip columnist.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by decan
    Exacto!

The Osbournes or any other celeb-families for that matter aren't so different from the gottis.

I have to most respectfully disagree with you. The Osborne's or any other Celeb families. ARE NOT DECEDENTS. And as far as I know, do not have DIRECT ties to a Viscous and Murderous Mafia Hitman and his organization....There is a very big difference!!!!!!!
    People. Please do not tell me that Victory is completely free of all string tied to the Mafia. Most of her money came from other people's death's and extortion, by way of "inherited from J.Gotti".

It's a bird, it's a plane EXlurker's Avatar
    I'm going to continue to watch the show just as if there was a show with Saddam Hussein's daughter and sons. Hey all, it's just my choice of entertainment. You're not going to convince me my choice is bad unless there is a game on. To each their own.

FORT Newbie
    John Gotti was a cold blooded ruthless murderer. He was scum of the Earth. His family should be social pariah, not glamorized on TV. Gotti's daughter has obviously benefited from the wealth of her father. That's organized crime money. Money that is tainted with the blood of dozens of Gotti victims. The Gotti family should be stripped of their wealth and sent packing to the welfare lines!

I am outraged that A&E would put such a program on the air. I've always thought A&E was of a better class of programming. I say they should leave this kind of trash to the likes of Jerry Springer. And from what I've seen in the promos that family is trash!

Hallelujah. Someone with the same thoughts as I have. I agree 110% with this posting. A&E has tainted their reputation with this show....

FORT Newbie

The shows foundation is J.Gotti...

Quote Originally Posted by sukee
    I'm tempted to agree. But, I'm also of the mind that what your parents do is no reflection on you, you don't get to choose your family. If your father is an organized crime Don, it's not your fault. She has made her some of her own money as a writer and gossip columnist.
    You are partiually right. But, what you are not seeing is this. Vic... Is riding on the shirt strings of her Murderous father to promote this show. She may not directly admit it, but indirectly she is. Take J.Gotti "ghostly presence" out of this show, and it has no foundation.

The shows foundation is J.Gotti, without him. The show would never have aired. Point made!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sukee
    The Osborne kids seem to respect their mother more than the Gotti boys do.
    Hummmmm nope I don't think so. Maybe the Osbornes are a tiny-little better at treating their mom than the gotti boys but basically their antics, behaviour, arrogance, spoil-age (how spoiled one is) and just the general comparison between the siblings is the same.

Look, get yourself some DVD copies of the previous seasons of the Osbornes and perhaps it'll jog your memory at how really "disrespectful", esp Jack, is towards his mum and sister.... besides, as far as i know, none of the three gotti kids got into trouble with drugs yet Jack has been in and out of rehabs what? 2-3 times already?

Tell me how worse those gotti kids are, who never did drugs, compare to the darling osbornes, who one of them is an addict.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggyrat
    Please do not tell me that Victory is completely free of all string tied to the Mafia. Most of her money came from other people's death's and extortion, by way of "inherited from J.Gotti".
    Initially yes. Vic probably gained alot from her father early on in her career but after the godfather got into legal trouble and basically when the whole gotti-mob-empire turned into shambles, I don't think john gotti would have had any means to support his daughter.... I think he just went bankrupt and broke.... any proceeds from crimes of the past are probably confiscated by the government.... the wealth gained by Vic is mostly from her own- her own publishing company and maybe some from her convict husband but definitely not from "dad".

But you have a point about the show being on the spotlight of the infamous John Gotti- it's what makes this particular reality show unique. Yet the thing is nobody is glorifying crime and criminals or taking advantage of the victims of the mob to gain fame and fortune. You can think of this as "COPS", as an unique perspective into the life of a "criminal family".... we've all seen that on every saturday but the A&E show is just a dressed up version of "COPS", not much different.... well, you don't have any problems with "COPS" on the air every weekend do you? Then why would you have any problems with the gotti reality tv series?

That's my point.

FORT Newbie
    John Gotti was a cold blooded ruthless murderer. He was scum of the Earth. His family should be social pariah, not glamorized on TV.
    Wow ok. So OJ Simpson supposedly killed his wife. Lets put his two kids in jail for it. To save their future spouses from being murdered. And saving them the police chase in their Bronco. Because they are related and have the family name. You guys are talking about a form of ethnic cleansing. We can call it, society cleansing

Lets start a new bill for congress. If someone does something, the entire family should be eradicated. It will better our society.
    Umm, can people stop and think of what they are saying please?
    Why dont we drop a nuke in Germany for the actions of Hitler? Or Sadaam, why stop at him. He has grandkids. Why dont we stop the future blood line since they are tainted with his DNA and might make weapons of mass destruction that dont exist. His daughters....They lived under his roof while him and their two brothers were shredding people. They were on CNN being interviewed, why not arrest them?
    Lets just kill the entire Bin Laden family. Hussein Family. Escobars. Im sure you can all think of more families who have a bad person in their family. Any of those families, the DNA might go on to spurn the family actions.

Every criminal or serial killer, if they have any kids, lets take them ALL out. Kill the gene right? This seems to be the attitude towards the Gotti clan. Until i see Vic or the Boys doing actions that are related to the mob, i cant speak otherwise. Dont get me wrong, i agree with the comments about John Gotti SR. He was a killer. But thats it. He killed. They didnt.

Please stop and think of what you are all saying. You dont ask to be born. You dont have any control over what your father does or what your grandfather does. You are born and deal with a situation. Dont punish John Gottis kids and grandkids for something they never did. If you dislike the show, dislike it. But i bet you will watch it tonight or tomorrow to come back with more examples why they should be taken off right? Its an interesting show with interesting circumstances.

The osbournes are sooo much worse. F* this, F* that, and then their parents say it back to them?? They glorify everything family therapy is about. Jack slapped Kelly in an episode. I'd rather see a brother fist fight with his brother than a brother fist fight with his sister. If i had kids like the osbournes, adoption agencies would be flourishing with my kids.

BTW, A&E's shows could all have issues within them. Not just GUG. Eg, Cold Case Files could give a new killer an idea of how to kill someone and get away with it. Or 48 hours or City Confidential. Copycat crimes only occur when people learn about the original and find it interesting and A&E takes chances to create them everytime they air any of their shows... So to say they should cancel the show because it glorifies a crime family isnt much. For that reason i could see why A&E wanted the show. It's controversial, just like the rest of their shows. A&E wanted viewers and i watched A&E prior to the Gotti shows but now i have even more interest in the channel.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast