+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A&E has hit an all time low on the "Gotti" show

FORT Newbie

A&E has hit an all time low on the "Gotti" show

I do not seem to be the only person who is appalled by A&E's new show " Growing with Gotti".

I read one reply on another post that said. "A&E is glamorizing organized crime".

Another said, "ethical line has been crossed when a family who's fortune is built on blood and drugs gets rewarded with MORE money to do a reality show?"

For me. I am totally against this show and its glorification of this murderous families name "John Gotti". Which I might add, J.Gotti's picture and name was shown and mentioned numerous time during the length of the show.

To me, this world has been better off since J.Gotti died. Its time to get our TV programs back online and keep this type of outrages material off the AIR!!!!!!

Bottom line. I am furious with the airing of this show and I will not watch it ever again. The daughter to me, acts like a "hit-person". And her kids are hoodlums destined for a life of under world crime in my opinion....
    Last edited by Biggyrat; 08-07-2004 at 01:22 AM.

Im just not that into you AmandaFabulous's Avatar
    I don't have a problem with glamorizing organized crime...I'm a big fan of mafioso shows...this one just sucks.
    Look, I love me most...If I could run across the beach into my own arms, I would.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggyrat
    For me. I am totally against this show and its glorification of this murderous families name "John Gotti". Which I might add, J.Gotti's picture and name was shown and mentioned numerous time during the length of the show.

Bottom line. I am furious with the airing of this show and I will not watch it ever again. The daughter to me, acts like a "hit-person". And her kids are hoodlums destined for a life of under world crime in my opinion....
    So turn the channel, and stay out of a forum dedicated to discussing a show that you won't watch. Problem solved.

FORT Newbie
    thankyou John. the negativity was getting a little much here. you rock

people are too quick to judge because of the gotti name... the fact of the matter is Victoria IS NOT John Senior.... they're two totally different people. I must admit she took a HUGE risk for doing a show like this and I say cudos to her for pulling this off in great dignity and pride! I'm definitely a fan of the show.

FORT Newbie
    decan i love your attitude on this and agree with you 100%. Thats what i was stating in my other post. John is her dad. It would be wierd for her not to have pictures of him or ever mention him on her show. But Victoria is not John Gotti and yea on of her kids might go by that name but he too is not John Gotti. None of them are so why treat them like they run the mob still?

Quote Originally Posted by GottiLove
    decan i love your attitude on this and agree with you 100%. Thats what i was stating in my other post. John is her dad. It would be wierd for her not to have pictures of him or ever mention him on her show. But Victoria is not John Gotti and yea on of her kids might go by that name but he too is not John Gotti. None of them are so why treat them like they run the mob still?
    thanks. but don't get me wrong tho, i'm not excusing the mob-aspect part of the gottis, what the previous generation did to alot of the victims is NOT excusable whatsoever and also Unforgetable. i'm a bit disappointed in that Vic played the amnesic game or just outright denied her dad's shameful past.... she had to know something even if it's little insignificant detail about the "mob". But nonetheless, this is a reality show and it is a show about HER and HER immediate family so treating her as if she's still running the streets is just absurd and Wrong!

It's a bird, it's a plane EXlurker's Avatar
    I am not defending the Mafia but I am defending Victoria and her sons...

She has a right to make her own name and place for herself and family. Born with the Gotti name shouldn't mean she should be denied any rights or be exiled. You have many choices, write a letter to A&E, flip the channel, and go to a different thread for some of us here enjoy the show.

I don't really think A&E has hit "an all time low", as most of their product is really good. For them to have hit an all time low, it would imply that A&E is already in the cellar of poor programming, which in my opinion is not the case. Fox already holds the title for that and it doesn't look like they are giving that up anytime soon.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by EXlurker
    I am not defending the Mafia but I am defending Victoria and her sons...

She has a right to make her own name and place for herself and family. Born with the Gotti name shouldn't mean she should be denied any rights or be exiled. You have many choices, write a letter to A&E, flip the channel, and go to a different thread for some of us here enjoy the show.

I started this thread, so why would I hneed to go to another thread? This thread is about A&E's making a major screwup on promoting the Gotti name. The show starts off, making sure we all know that her father was J.Gotti. That right there should have told us all something.

My feelings on why this show aired is this. Vic.... is used to a life of $$$$$. And she is afraid the Gov. is going to dilute her and her husbands wealth. Why would the Gov do that. Because Her hubbies in prison and his business has ties with the mob!!!!. And Vic... is trying to make a nest egg from this show incase the Gov. confiscates their ill gotten gains....

She denies knowing what her father did for a living. Please do not tell me she didn't know how her hubby made his money......

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast