+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Victoria

Victoria

Forget the mob--this woman frightens me all by herself. I'm not at all surprised that there will be an episode on Botox.
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

she kinda reminds me of donatella versace

Gotti's Daughter Fights For Family

(CBS) These days, Victoria Gotti lives a luxurious life. She's raising her three children - John Gotti's grandsons - in a seven-bedroom mansion on Long Island, east of New York City. But as 48 Hours Correspondent Erin Moriarty reports, her life has not been easy lately.

Contrary to what many believe, she did not grow up amidst wealth, she says.

If not, she is making up for it now. Her estate, worth $4 million, has a pool, a guest house, horse stables and a basketball court.

She married her childhood sweetheart, Carmine Agnello, who runs a scrap metal business that makes $30 million a year.

But her life is not carefree. Not only is her father in prison, so is her brother. Earlier this year, John Gotti Jr. pled guilty to extortion and bribery.

"It was extremely tough," she says.

In January 2000, prosecutors accused Agnello of being in the Mob. They charged him with extortion and racketeering. Victoria Gotti says her husband is guilty of only one thing: marrying a Gotti.

"We were warned and warned and warned that this would happen," she says, "that my husband would become a target."

But there is one piece of evidence against Carmine that Victoria did believe - the same Federal wire taps used to catch her husband racketerring caugh him cheating on her. Prosecutors believe Agnello was having an affair with his bookkeeper. Victoria Gotti has filed for divorce.

"The bottom line is that (Agnello) has been a target for the past 15 years," she says. "It's just sensationalism; that's where it's gone."

Prosecutors have tied up the couple's assets. If he's convicted, prosecutors will argue that Gotti and Agnello's lavish lifestyle was financed by criminal activity; the couple could lose much of what they have.

Victoria Gotti remains defiant, though. "It wouldn't matter," she says. "I'd start again. And I'd be back, maybe even grander."

The income from her books is now more important than ever. She writes from the time she puts her boys to bed until early in the morning. This is the only sanctuary she has.

"I want them to be happy," she says. "It scares me that this is who they are and that at some point in their lives they may be a target (of increased scrutiny)."

Victoria Gotti wants a less tumultuous life for her three boys. She already sees star quality in her teenage son John.

"He has that charm, that innate charm, that I've only seen one person exhibit," she says, referring to her father.

Like his grandfather, young John says he'll spend a lot of time in a courtroom. But he wants to be a criminal attorney.

If Victoria Gotti has her way, the family name will have a different connotation in years go come.

And Victoria Gotti maintains that she is proud of her name. "I can get up in the morning, look in the mirror, and I'm happy with who I've become," she says.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2000/...in221816.shtml

Carmine Agnello, Associates, and Scrap Metal Company Plead Guilty to Racketeering, Extortion, and Income Tax Fraud

Gambino Organized Crime Family soldier, Carmine Agnello of Westbury, New York, was sentenced on October 26, 2001, to 108 months imprisonment. Agnello was also ordered to pay $950,000 restitution to his victims, jointly and severally with others, $158,200 restitution to the IRS, and ordered to forfeit $10,000,000. In addition, as part of his plea agreement, Agnello will be barred for life from participating in the scrap metal industry.

Agnello, some of his associates, and a metal shredding business, pleaded guilty to violating the federal racketeering statute. This charge included extortion and arson conspiracies that victimized a New York Police Department "undercover" scrap metal processor and numerous other scrap metal businesses.

Agnello and an associate attempted to persuade a scrap company to sell its crushed metal to co-defendant New York Shredding Corporation, a metal shredding business principally owned by Agnello and his associates, but the scrap company refused. In an attempt to force compliance, Agnello, through an associate, hired another associate to start a fire at the scrap company. While attempting the crime, the arsonist was arrested by the New York Police Department, agreed to cooperate with law enforcement, and subsequently recorded conversations with Agnello and others. During conversations recorded by the cooperating witness, Agnello explicitly directed the torching of the scrap company.

Additionally, Agnello and another associate pleaded guilty to conspiring to defraud the IRS in connection with a concrete business in which Agnello maintained a hidden interest.
    http://www.irs.gov/irs/article/0,,id=107648,00.html

That picture is quite possibly the scariest thing I've ever seen.

Just an observation...

My college criminology department had a class on organized crime. One semester the class decided to write John Gotti in prison. He took a while to respond but he eventually wrote back to the school. Our ciminology department keep writing him and the semester I took the organized crime class his daughter Victoria came and spoke at our school. While she was on campus she came to one of our classes and we got to hang out with her and talk with her. The thing that sticks out in my mind was the two bodyguards she had with her. They just looked sleezy and thuggish. Anyway, we were asking her questions in class and she kept saying she had no idea her father was involved in the mafia. She said she grew up normal with her dad leaving for work every morning and coming home tired in the afternoon. She said she had no idea what he was doing. She also said no one else in her family was involved in organized crime. I think we have seen by her brother and husband that she is far from removed from organized crime.

On a side note, I saw something funny in that CBS story. The article said, "But her life is not carefree. Not only is her father in prison..." John Gottie died in prison a couple of years ago. I wonder when the story was written.
    d. leathers

Seperated at birth????

Damn, she & Donatella Versace are twins! (& not good bud light commercial twins) Here's here photo from the E!'s 25 Sexiest Women .... and Seven Who Scare Us! (Do I even have to preface it by saying she's one of the seven scary ones? )

http://www.eonline.com/On/Rank/Shows...ry/scare1.html

Hmmmmm I head on the news that Donatells went into rehab, right as the shows premiering, AND you never see these two in the same room, AND her sons name Versace as a favorite designer???? MAYBE just maybe this was Victoria's way of hiding from those Goombas in the mob?

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pebbs
    she kinda reminds me of donatella versace
    I was so thinking the same thing!
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

LG.
    this article makes it sound like Mom likes John best:
    Victoria Gotti wants a less tumultuous life for her three boys. She already sees star quality in her teenage son John.

"He has that charm, that innate charm, that I've only seen one person exhibit," she says, referring to her father.

Like his grandfather, young John says he'll spend a lot of time in a courtroom. But he wants to be a criminal attorney.
    the Smothers Brothers would be proud
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast