+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 85

Thread: Victoria

  1. #61
    Abitare La Vita Bella =) couturechildx0o's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    White Plains, NY
    Age
    24
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianas98
    FYI: Victoria is a scheduled guest on Leno this evening.
    Yeah, I saw her last night. She looked, like, so much better then than she does on the show... I think she had her nose reconstructed or something, lol. Plus, her extenstions are now curly, and there are some brown low-lights mixed in there. :rolleyes


    -couture child =)

  2. #62
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    142
    Quote Originally Posted by tr0ubledxchild
    She's a single mother, has rules for her 3 raging hormone teenage boys, props. She's strict, I love that.

    She's strict? Are you kidding. Her a-hole boys walk all over her. They are spoiled and arrogant (and not to mention stupid.) This whole thing of worshipping their uneducated, murderous father, that's the worst.

    If you want to make Italians look stupid, this is your show.

  3. #63
    Fort Beaudyfull BorderEevil2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    San Francisco,CA
    Age
    46
    Posts
    939
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarpias
    She's strict? Are you kidding. Her a-hole boys walk all over her. They are spoiled and arrogant (and not to mention stupid.) This whole thing of worshipping their uneducated, murderous father, that's the worst.

    If you want to make Italians look stupid, this is your show.

    They may walk all over her but she comes back with the parental upperhand. When they really tick her off I hate to be the one doin the damage. The Me Me I Know Better is gonna get old in the long run. I am suprised that she has not kicked them to the curb. If she did there would be no show. And stupid? Well not everyone is not Einsteins but if they choose to stupid then I guess they are.

  4. #64
    FORT Fan decan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    I LIVE HERE
    Posts
    277
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarpias
    She's strict? Are you kidding. Her a-hole boys walk all over her. They are spoiled and arrogant (and not to mention stupid.) This whole thing of worshipping their uneducated, murderous father, that's the worst.

    If you want to make Italians look stupid, this is your show.
    see that's the thing, I never saw the gottis as "Italians" or "sicilians" or whatever until someone like you brought it up

    I saw them merely as a kind of "infamous" b-list-celebs, afterall they are famous for their grandfather's name but that's about it. They are normal folks like you and me, with the only difference between our bank accounts. The "a-hole" boys (if you can even call them that then I guess 90 percent of teens their age should be called a-holes too) are probably arrogant, spoiled and stupid but that is whole lota better than other kids their age doing drugs, getting trouble with the law and ending up in juvenile hall and don't tell me crap about how they will end up like that eventually because first of all, you don't have any evidence why they might turned out to be nothing more than criminals (if you had watched the show carefully, their behaviour might be guilty of disrespecting their parent(s) but it doesn't suggest criminal behaviour whatsoever- alot of you might be confused with the REAL criminal, godfather john gotti, who happens to be related to the 3 teen boys by blood so you might think the criminal gene runs in the family, which is not fair and frankly ridiculous) AND also you don't know the gottis personally so it is kind of hard to make baseless judgements about them without knowing the whole truth

  5. #65
    J0HNS BELLA BAMBiNA o0oiTzJeSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    . . NEW Y0RK . .
    Age
    27
    Posts
    23
    I hate that people have to say its an insult to Italian Americans. You know what? if it insults you, too bad, dont watch it! it wasnt made ONLY for you. It was made for the entertainment of the American society. It is not an insult because the Gotti family is not a prime example how every Italian American family is. They just happen to be a little different. So what.
    Embrace me, surround me . . . as the rush comes

  6. #66
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Currenty residing in Corpus Christi, TX, with ties in Germany!
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5
    I hate that people have to say its an insult to Italian Americans. You know what? if it insults you, too bad, dont watch it! it wasnt made ONLY for you. It was made for the entertainment of the American society. It is not an insult because the Gotti family is not a prime example how every Italian American family is. They just happen to be a little different. So what.

    I agree with you. I never, ever, ever saw this show as a representation of how Italian Americans are. Its a show about a woman and her sons who just happen to be related to John Gotti. Big deal. People dont assume that the Osbournes were a representation of how all British families were. People dont assume that Jessica and Ashlee Simpson are examples of white, Baptist raised Southerners. So why in the case of the Gottis are people getting so worked up?

  7. #67
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarpias
    She's strict? Are you kidding. Her a-hole boys walk all over her. They are spoiled and arrogant (and not to mention stupid.) This whole thing of worshipping their uneducated, murderous father, that's the worst.

    If you want to make Italians look stupid, this is your show.
    What do you expect her to do? Flog them?
    It seems that a lot of parents try to raise their kids right, but some kids just turn out badly in spite of discipline and love. You can't blame the parents all the time.

  8. #68
    Abitare La Vita Bella =) couturechildx0o's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    White Plains, NY
    Age
    24
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarpias
    She's strict? Are you kidding. Her a-hole boys walk all over her. They are spoiled and arrogant (and not to mention stupid.) This whole thing of worshipping their uneducated, murderous father, that's the worst.

    If you want to make Italians look stupid, this is your show.
    As a proud Italian-American, I disagree with you, but understand how you might feel this way.

    It's important to remember that the Gotti-Agnellos are not meant to represent Italians as a whole, but they're meant to provide a source of entertainment to the viewers. I can't imagine anyone stereotyping Italians because of anything on this show.

    As far as worshipping John Gotti goes... He was an icon. He did terrible things, but he was the posterchild for an era. No matter how you look at him, he tends to be a fascinating character. If you don't agree, then don't watch the show.

    I'm actually proud of Frankie, John, and Carmine. Their father is in prison, and they're under tremendous scrutiny, but they somehow manage to make the best of it. I think it was John who said something like, he considered the Gotti name a blessing. That's such a great way to be, isn't it? I mean, they could either be embarrassed that their grandfather and father are criminals, or they could use it to their advantage, and this is just what they're doing.


    -couture child =)

  9. #69
    LG.
    LG. is offline
    FORT Writer LG.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    frozen tundra
    Posts
    14,060
    OK, that's enough of the baiting, name calling, reacting the name-calling, etc. The FORT staff is so sick of patrolling this forum, I'm locking it down for a few hours to give you all a chance to cool off and decide whether or not we can follow the rules of the site or whether the viewership of this show is simply not capable of it.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

  10. #70
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    185
    Has the show addressed Victoria's medical condition? Some time ago I read a magazine article (New York Magazine, I think it was) that she had a heart condition, shouldn't have had children because of the condition, and had to be monitored for certain things on a constant basis.

    I don't watch the show, but from what I've read here, this whole thing now seems to be a non-issue.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.