+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 8/17 Show Discussion thread

FORT Newbie

Re: 8/17 Show Discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe;3672831;
    Why are the wives always the ones talking in this show about 90% of the time? And the only husband that they give face time to is the most annoying one in DiSalvatore. Ok... I want the Pollards to win so it was a bummer that they went home. Apparently, their 17yo is not very smart. I like the Cootes at first too but they got too cocky so I don't want them to win anymore.
    Hey Jammy....how are ya? 1) good question why they always talk to the wives the most? Well they really did talk to the dads too...remember the faverey dad..he did lots of talkin too! The truth is...they go through all the footage and use whatever is the most entertaining....in our case I'm in radio so talkin is pretty much all i do! Ask the hubby...lol! Thanks for rootin for us...you know, we would like to have won...but it's okay that we didn't because the journey as a family was most important to us. We traveled the entire way...there was only one day of filming left when we got eliminated so we didn't miss much. Actually, Aaron is really smart....he is a Senior this year and is in Honors classes. I don't like to rehash what in the past, but if you really want to know what happened I will be glad to tell you why it looked like they did it so easily....I will give you two guesses and the first one don't count! We really did try to be decent to the cootes...after seeing what they were saying and doing behind the scenes....it would have been alot harder to do if we had known what we have seen today! Guess that's why they don't tell you what is being said behind your back....thanks for watchin! I actually got a call from Wife Swap....can you imagine that one?

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3666261;
    Those are the first positive comments I've read about Reno.

I'm shocked. First, when the DiSalvatores win the King of the Road challenge. I was so happy when they won though, but I couldn't stop laughing at their reaction to winning. It was hilarious. I'm so proud of them, even though I don't know them. Hopefully they picked up steam from this.

And then I was also shocked when the Pollards got eliminated. I thought for sure that they were going to win the whole thing. Sorry Amie, but I must say that the Coote hate was getting a little bit annoying. I still love ya, but sometimes things get way too repetitive, and hearing "Cooty Booty" got a little bit repetitive. But I'll miss your family's presence in the game. You guys were great to watch.

But I'm not saying that I like the Cootes, because I don't. It would be so great if the DiSals (sorry Amy, the DiSalvatores ) beat them in the end.

And what's up with the summary in the beginning of the show? The voiceover said that the Cootes lost their first challenge when the Pollards won the hotel challenge. Uh, no. The Pollards should get some credit for their talent show win also.
    Hey Crossing! I'm sure some of that did get old...I guess it was our way of trying to get over the nerves and having some light hearted fun! Those challenges had me where I couldn't eat....I lost 5 pounds on the trip...it always made you feel sad to think your kids might miss something like the Grand Canyon or Slide Rock....it was alot of pressure....the journey was awesome and I wouldn't trade it for the world....We made some beautiful memories....if you go to my facebook...I have a slide show of photos from the Road trip...thanks for being a pollard family fan! You are the best!

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3666261;
    Those are the first positive comments I've read about Reno.

I'm shocked. First, when the DiSalvatores win the King of the Road challenge. I was so happy when they won though, but I couldn't stop laughing at their reaction to winning. It was hilarious. I'm so proud of them, even though I don't know them. Hopefully they picked up steam from this.

And then I was also shocked when the Pollards got eliminated. I thought for sure that they were going to win the whole thing. Sorry Amie, but I must say that the Coote hate was getting a little bit annoying. I still love ya, but sometimes things get way too repetitive, and hearing "Cooty Booty" got a little bit repetitive. But I'll miss your family's presence in the game. You guys were great to watch.

But I'm not saying that I like the Cootes, because I don't. It would be so great if the DiSals (sorry Amy, the DiSalvatores ) beat them in the end.

And what's up with the summary in the beginning of the show? The voiceover said that the Cootes lost their first challenge when the Pollards won the hotel challenge. Uh, no. The Pollards should get some credit for their talent show win also.
    Hey Crossing! I'm sure some of that did get old...I guess it was our way of trying to get over the nerves and having some light hearted fun! Those challenges had me where I couldn't eat....I lost 5 pounds on the trip...it always made you feel sad to think your kids might miss something like the Grand Canyon or Slide Rock....it was alot of pressure....the journey was awesome and I wouldn't trade it for the world....We made some beautiful memories....if you go to my facebook...I have a slide show of photos from the Road trip...thanks for being a pollard family fan! You are the best!

Oh and by the way....thanks for the credit on the Branson talent show! Every family would tell you that was the challenge that had everyone stressed out the most and it was the hardest! I wish it had been a little more valuable in the competition!

FORT Newbie

This was a disappointing episode as I hated to see the Pollards go home. It's sad to see greed win over someone who truly considered their experience to be a blessing. I feel sorry for the Coote son. I can only imagine how he's going to act as an adult if he's that arrogant now. When people are as driven to win as the Cootes are, when you say something negative about them being greedy or cocky, they are so single-minded in their thinking that they think those who say those things against them are just jealous. I give credit to the Coote daughter... she's the only one of the three who didn't continuously display that constant driven attitude to win.

To those who are fans of the Cootes and blame "editing" on how they are being portrayed, if you don't give the "editors" the quotes to work with, you can't be edited that way. You never heard comments like that coming from families like the Montgomerys and the Pollards and some of the others, because you can't edit anyone that way if they don't say things like that in the first place. Yes, Amie did the "Cootey Booty" thing, but remember what she did when they won the Las Vegas challenge... she invited them to the suite and they weren't even gracious enough to accept.

I know they are the underdogs, but I'm pulling for the DiSalvatores to win next week. If they do, you'll be able to hear me hollering from my living room all the way from Mississippi.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12