+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 7/27 Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

7/27 Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

So I'll start this again for the 3rd week in a row.

Loved the elimination challenge. I liked actually getting to play along. I noticed that the first item was a telephone when everyone else didn't, so that was a little bit of a "pat on your back" kind of moment.

I was satisfied with the elimination. I loved seeing the DiSalvatores come on top again in the elimination challenge, especially after coming in last in the King of the Road challenge. Go DiSalvatores!

I said this in their thread, but I loved the Favery parents. It was just the kids that bugged the hell out of me.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Re: 7/27 Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

I teared up a little for them, unfortunately it is a competition and people have to go home every week. They just took it so hard, I felt so bad for them. The kids were horrible but the father cracked me up every time they would show him rubbing his head and shaking it over something his family was doing.

I didn't enjoy the "scenery" as much this episode and to be honest that's what I'm mainly watching this show for. I've driven Route 66 to Arizona before and I know there are tons of spots they could have shown us a long the way and I wish they had. It's what I enjoyed so much about the previous episodes, I hope they go back to showing more of what the families are seeing as they travel.

Personal story. I remember being in the Four Corners region during a monsoon and I've never been so scared in my life and this coming from a person who has been through many hurricanes and tornadoes. All that lightening non stop crashing down around you, wow. I remembered all that very vividly and the fact that I was too scared to stop the car and let my husband take the wheel as I watched the families driving those RVs through their storm. Scary times and I knew exactly how they felt.

Was it the Favery's who said they lived pay check to pay check and would have never gotten the chance to do what they were doing now?

I enjoy the scenery also. I love, love, love to travel, and I would probably consider doing a Route66 road trip when I get older.

That is scary. I couldn't imagine driving through a raging thunderstorm. The worst storm I've ever seen was down in Florida, when I went to Disneyworld. But I was in my hotel room and I was in Disneyworld, so how could I be upset? But yeah, I'm pretty thankful that we don't have to go through the horrors of a tornado and such. I'm just really scared for an earthquake that everyone says is coming soon ~knocks on wood~.

Yes, those were the Faverys. It just made me like the parents even more. But when Dee (I think it was her) mentioned the paycheck to paycheck thing in this episode again, I had a hunch that they were going home. It was a total elimination edit, how the editors mentioned their storyline and such.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

I like this show but the only way that I can watch it is if I tape it. Yes, I am still old school and use a VCR. I have to record the show because once some of those kids , and a parent or two, start acting spoiled I just have to fast forward.

I am having a little trouble with the host and maybe it is because you don't see very much of him.

By the number of posts I have a feeling that this reality show will be taking its own Road Trip and we will never hear from them again.

+ Reply to Thread