+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 7/20 Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

7/20 Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

I guess I'll start this up again. Did you all catch it this time?
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Newbie

Re: 7/20 Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

woohoo...way to go Jen!!

can't wait for Keith to fire up that new BBQ and make some burgers.......I'll be right over!!

Well I, for one, was ecstatic that the DiSalvatores managed to stick around. I actually jumped for joy when they got the fastest time. I was also happy with who went home. I'm sorry, but the Ricos were a bit on the boring side. But I must say that their son Ricky is adorable. I loved how he called Aaron his best friend.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

It was neat to see all the kids getting along well. Of course the adults are more petty. I just can't stand the DiSalvatores, but their time was impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3598668;
    Well I, for one, was ecstatic that the DiSalvatores managed to stick around. I actually jumped for joy when they got the fastest time. I was also happy with who went home. I'm sorry, but the Ricos were a bit on the boring side. But I must say that their son Ricky is adorable. I loved how he called Aaron his best friend.
    I dunno. From a shallow P.O.V. it kind of helped that Mrs. Rico was kind of the most milfy woman on the show.

Also, from a less shallow perspective, it seems like the more book smart/overly intellectual families are going first. Not that you'd know it from their lousy challenge performances (I mean a KID knew the "straight line is shorter than a zig-zag when a grown man from Connecticut didn't...)

I'm only watching this show MUCH later via Hulu. Really Country Richter and these families aren't engaging me all that much.

I recognize that the DiSalvatores are the only truly interesting people on the show, but as someone originating from that part of the world, MAN they make me wince. Mrs. DiSalvatore is almost as bad as Mr.--the shrill battling the annoying "wise guy"--and I don't mean he's a mafioso, I mean that in the more normal sense. Those pearls of Nu Yawk "Wisdom" pouring out of his mouth are SO the result of him spending weeks before showing up on set coming up with all kinds of material to play to his zebra-pants gold chain wearing stereotype.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3598668;
    I had to laugh when he said if he wasn't sure if Aaron had the maturity of a 4 year old or he was more mature. Such an adorable kid.

I have to say I'm really not liking the mother of the Pollard family. I really wanted to like them and I do like the rest of her family but the way she comes off as so bitter over losing the challenges and the way she seems to be spearheading the us versus them mentality that is splitting these families up into two teams is really getting on my nerves. I hope they go home soon, they make this show less enjoyable for me.

I really like the Coote family and the DiSalvatores' crack me up. The show would be boring without them and their over the top personalities.

I like the majority of these families and I'm really liking seeing different parts of the country through their eyes. A very enjoyable show and makes me want to get in an RV and go exploring with my family.

FORT Newbie

Hey Harmony...how are ya? Thanks for watching the show...it was alot of fun and we did get to see some really cool stuff while traveling! I wanted to say one thing in defense of your previous comment....really it does appear when watching from the outside, that I may have been the "culprit" if you will, for dividing families. Editing sure does make it appear that way sometimes....unfortunately, you are only seeing such a very small part of what really takes place in reality tv. By the number of posts you have made on this board, I'm fairly confident that you pretty much already know that! We all pretty much got along even when it appears that we didn't....There were definite issues with some cheating the rules....I never have a problem losing to someone that plays by the rules....it's the cheating that gets under my skin....but then again...that was secondary for us...we just did our best to enjoy such a wonderful journey together as a family! Until now, we had never vacationed in an RV before....we have since been RV shopping and hope to buy one soon! If you ever get the chance...go and give it a shot...you would probably love it! As a family, sometimes you don't realize the little things you have been missing together ...until you take away all the worldly distractions (cell phone, computer, tv etc)...this was a god given blessing for us....we learned nothing is more important than family. Thanks for your opinion and I hope you continue to enjoy the show! Take care!

Awwww! I'm glad to hear that it was editing. I thought your family did great in the talent show and being a fellow southerner (Louisiana) I definitely was pulling for you guys. Plus your husband is just adorable in that down home southern kind of way (much like mine who is a Texan).

Glad to know that what we are seeing isn't what really happened and yep, we are all very much aware of editing and how they have to make sure people fill a certain role in each show.

FORT Newbie

why does amie seem to defend herself all the time? People have opinions. Not everyone is going to like her.

FORT Newbie

chi...
    Great to have you here on the board! It's not defending...it's explaining the situation...its not always transparent to viewers what is really happening behind the scenes. Some people do really want to know. I'm fully aware that not everybody likes me...that's ok. I understand that, so thank you for pointing that out...it doesn't hurt my feelings ...that's life!

Harmony....thank you for posting about the talent show in Branson! That was so nerve racking....I thought Aaron was gonna have a heart attack when it was time to hit the stage! After it was all over, he said he wanted to perform again! Hey, I'm originally from Texas too! Born in Dallas and still have lots of family there! Ron is most definitely your kicked back, good ole' southern boy! This show was really different for the whole family, but boy was it worth it all! We had a blast!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast