+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 7/7 Show Discussion *SPOILERS*

Re: 7/7 Show Discussion *SPOILERS*

I thought I had seen that Silvio guy before. I was right. Google his full name Silvio Disalvatore and go to the you tube site. He was on American Inventor a couple years ago.

Here's his website: BLACKCOUGAR
    Roz

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by waitforbigbro;3551470;
    Too bad, I thought this was a really bad show. I was hoping they would show a lot of cool scenery & landmarks-and maybe they still will- but I can't tolerate all of the annoying people just for that. I don't know if it was on NBC or not, but I wish they would have done another season of "Treasure Hunters". Anyone remember that show a few summers back? Lots of interesting places on that and the players weren't all boneheads. I don't think I'll be watching this one anymore.
    I think I'm more on your bandwagon about this show than the whoop-de-doo-goody-goody bandwagon. I'm going to try to give this show one more chance, but I really don't think that I'm feeling it. It's almost "puke-y". Treasure Hunters was a really good show that really got into showing landmarks and historical facts. I can't believe that they didn't bring back a show where you could actually learn something......oh, wait a minute.....yes, I can. I think this show would be better off on a Nickleodeon or Disney channel. I think this mentality fits better over there.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by rozzie17;3551653;
    I thought I had seen that Silvio guy before. I was right. Google his full name Silvio Disalvatore and go to the you tube site. He was on American Inventor a couple years ago.

Here's his website: BLACKCOUGAR
    Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;3550643;
    That's funny. I looked at him and saw Eddie Money....I think it is the hair.
    Yes & yes! Thanks so much Dagwood, that's who I was trying to think of. I even told my husband, he looks like a musician, but I can't think who.
    Rozzie, I totally remember the black cougar!
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

Now we know what Silvio's agenda is (other than the 100k). He was wierd then & he appears to not have changed.
    Roz

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

I thought it was a bad show, too, and nothing like what I was hoping for. I did like the Katzenbergs and have no problem with the fact that they are successful and live in Westport.

But talk about stereotyping. I was born and raised in Manhattan and nobody I knew spoke like this NYC couple. You would hear that accent and way of speaking in only a very few sections of Brooklyn or the Bronx.

I won't be watching again, especially since it's on opposite Superstars, which I find much more entertaining.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Count me among the disappointed--too little actual "road trip" going on! The "Presidential race" would have mildly entertaining, if they had shown more of the actual race. Anyway, there is nothing else on Tuesday that I like to watch, so I guess I'll be watching, even though the whole thing is sort of mindless and the host is odd.

Florimel, now you know how those of us from the South feel; the producers of all reality shows seem to search for the people with the heaviest accents and most agriculture oriented jobs out there when they cast people from our region--we really do have goat, pig, and chicken farmers here, but not as many as these shows would have you believe. And yes, you do run into some people who require three syllables to pronounce the word "boy", but most Southern accents are not THAT heavy!
    Obviously they went straight to the area with the heavy accents, and picked the family they felt would make the best television.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3552564;
    I thought it was a bad show, too, and nothing like what I was hoping for. I did like the Katzenbergs and have no problem with the fact that they are successful and live in Westport.

But talk about stereotyping. I was born and raised in Manhattan and nobody I knew spoke like this NYC couple. You would hear that accent and way of speaking in only a very few sections of Brooklyn or the Bronx.

I won't be watching again, especially since it's on opposite Superstars, which I find much more entertaining.
    I personally didn't think it was a bad show....my kids loved it! I'm gonna continue to watch...i think it was interesting...if I wanted it all about history or more educational I would just watch the Discovery channel or the History channel...IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3552986;
    Florimel, now you know how those of us from the South feel; the producers of all reality shows seem to search for the people with the heaviest accents and most agriculture oriented jobs out there when they cast people from our region--we really do have goat, pig, and chicken farmers here, but not as many as these shows would have you believe. And yes, you do run into some people who require three syllables to pronounce the word "boy", but most Southern accents are not THAT heavy!
    Obviously they went straight to the area with the heavy accents, and picked the family they felt would make the best television.
    Queenb, although I wrote specifically about the New Yorkers, I did feel the same way about the Southern family they chose as well as the upper class family and several of the others. While the "youse/y'all" thing might have been entertaining, it was hardly believable that a New Yorker would not be familiar with y'all nor a Southerner with youse, if only from movies and tv.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I only half watched it last night....first a phone call, then my daughter and her boyfriend stopped by. Didn't have it set on the DVR. I think I will be watching BB from here on out though and will DVR this one.

Glad the CT family got the cut. I thought they thought they were superior to the other teams, JMHO.

The little girl having that hissy fit really was something else!

I got a kick out of the y'all and youse conversation though. Mainly because neither Eddie Money and the Southern Mom seem too bright. How could they have never heard those expressions before?

I remember that Zorb thing from The Amazing Race. Only the people were not strapped into it and they had to roll up and down a hillside in either NZ or Australia. Water was hosed into to it to keep the people safe inside. It looked rather cool!

FORT Newbie

THURSDAY, JULY 9, 2009
    This is Hyleri Katzenberg ... FYI ... We were the color green because that's the color of kidney cancer awareness. I am a recent kidney cancer survivor (7/2008). As for the 7 carat rock, what was edited out of the episode was the next sentence which we explained that it was from Claire's and cost exactly $9.50. We were made to look like rich snobs ~ which is so far from who we are. Also edited out of the home footage of us was that we happened to be cooking for the homeless shelter that day (which we do once a month). The cameras shot it but didn't include that in the final cut. I might have rooted against us too, given the way we were made to come across.
    Hyleri

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast