+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pollard Newton, AL

FORT Newbie

Re: Pollard Newton, AL

Amie, I was so excited when you won the last challenge. And you showed considerable class inviting the other teams to join you. I feel sorry for the Cootes. They seem like they are only in it for the money. They not only poor losers, but poor winners as well. I'm rooting for y'all to win in the end.

FORT Newbie

I was thinking while I was watching the show last night that Amie is someone you would love to have a friend in person or even on facebook.

I am so sorry they lost last night. I like the whole family and now am rooting for the DiSalvatores to win.

Hi Amie, If you are still on here, can you tell me if you get to keep the motorhome? 'Cause that would be cool!!! Sorry you had to go home. I would have preferred a Pollard/Coote finale.
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by pixiepower;3666606;
    I was thinking while I was watching the show last night that Amie is someone you would love to have a friend in person or even on facebook.

I am so sorry they lost last night. I like the whole family and now am rooting for the DiSalvatores to win.

That goes for me too! Had it been a Pollard/DiSalvatore final, I don't think either family would have 'lost'. With the Cootes- the final will be ugly whether they win or lose, because the Cootes will make it so with their 'winning is the only thing' attitude!

Life is about the quality of the journey-Luv Ya Pollards!

I don't know, but it seems that the family with the worst sportsmanship went home - the Cootes only had a quest to be the "winners" which is not a bad thing - not singleing out any one family for defeat - when they indeed win (and win and win) you only got madder amd madder and started with the ugly comments - Beat Coote Booty (UGH) - and the day with the coonskin hats - your husband did not look pleased - talk about perpetuating a sterotype (can you say rebel flag anyone) - anyway I am sure there was some editing involved, but at the end when Coote Dad said whos next - leads me to beleive that along the way divisions were made very apperant with the Cootes being left out socially - I am sure they were sick of you as we were watching. I hope the Cootes take it all - they have had the right attitude all along and deserve the grand prize. Nothing against the DeSalvitores - they are a cute family - especially the long-suffering mom. I just feel that the Cootes rocked this game and should prevail!!

Quote Originally Posted by pfeifferdcat;3666919;
    Hi Amie, If you are still on here, can you tell me if you get to keep the motorhome? 'Cause that would be cool!!! Sorry you had to go home. I would have preferred a Pollard/Coote finale.
    Good question, I was wondering that myself.

Amie, I am sorry your family had to go home. I would have loved a Pollard/DiSalvatore finale.

FORT Newbie

Funny how we can all have different perspectives of the same show. I could not disagree with you more...and neither could my 11 year old daughter. Neither of us felt that the private interviews where bad that the Pollards or others (and there were other families, Amy Pollard was NOT the only one)made about the Cootes winning everything. I have to be honest, I can totally understand that the families would make comments in their interviews that they are tired of the Cootes winning. I feel it would be natural that they would all want to win at some point in time. I will say that when the Cootes won each and every time, everyone kept their composure and congratulated them. You did not see the kids getting pissed off and crying. However the poor sportmanship that was shown by the Cootes was just wrong. Even my daughter said...."come on, you have won everything, can't you be happy that another family won something?" She thought that it was WRONG that the Cootes did not go up to the suite and at least have dinner with the other families. My daughter looked at me and said.."Mom, you and Dad would NEVER have allowed me to behave like that and you would have made all of us go to the suite for dinner". I know that I have said it several times, but she really thought that the Cootes Mom was just WAY to intense and did not really allow them to enjoy the experience. She was a bit over the top on the Las Vegas competition too. I was sad to see the Pollards go and because my favorites (Montgomerys and Faverys) are gone I am now cheering for the DiSalvitores for the win.
    Quote Originally Posted by ereaney;3667086;
    I don't know, but it seems that the family with the worst sportsmanship went home - the Cootes only had a quest to be the "winners" which is not a bad thing - not singleing out any one family for defeat - when they indeed win (and win and win) you only got madder amd madder and started with the ugly comments - Beat Coote Booty (UGH) - and the day with the coonskin hats - your husband did not look pleased - talk about perpetuating a sterotype (can you say rebel flag anyone) - anyway I am sure there was some editing involved, but at the end when Coote Dad said whos next - leads me to beleive that along the way divisions were made very apperant with the Cootes being left out socially - I am sure they were sick of you as we were watching. I hope the Cootes take it all - they have had the right attitude all along and deserve the grand prize. Nothing against the DeSalvitores - they are a cute family - especially the long-suffering mom. I just feel that the Cootes rocked this game and should prevail!!

FORT Newbie

Hey ya'll! Yes I am still here....this week was difficult to see and relive again. The Pollard Family would like to say "Thankyou" to those of you who supported and rooted for us! You are simply the best! No, we didn't get to keep the RV's...that would have been nice. We are shopping for one at this moment...the trip made us realize we love traveling like that! I know that we are always going to have some people who don't like our family...that's ok....you can't please everyone. I will say this....no matter how it appears on tv...we showed compassion to every family on the show...yes, even the cootes. Our children played together everyday...we offered to help Jen Coote do her scrapbook when Keith asked if we would mind...we cooked dinner for their family at Lake mead after Hoover dam...we were all low on grub...so we had a campfire and roasted hotdogs and Amy D made pasta...I personally walked it over and took dinner to the Cootes. Yes, we talked pregame smack in the privacy of our own RV...it was lighthearted...Cooty booty...is pretty weak smack talk..so it was just for fun to lighten our stress. I said in the last episode that we had nothing personal against the Cootes...we still don't. For us this was a much bigger picture...God is in control...not us..we believe we were given the blessing to travel as a family to help mend some fences that were broken in our family.....and for that my friends we are grateful. No amount of money could buy what we shared on this journey.... Thankyou all for sharing the memories with us.

FORT Newbie

Hi, Amie... I have been reading this site for a long time but finally registered just to post to you. I was so sorry your family lost this week and I was pulling for you, our Alabama neighbors, to win the entire thing! I give you and your husband a lot of credit for how you raised your children as well.... they were class acts on there and you have to give credit to the parents for things like that. I wish all of you the best and was glad to see you considered the trip to be a blessing. I can't remember the Cootes once talking about the things they were going to see on the trip or appreciating any of this country's beauty... it was all about winning to them and how many crowns they could get. Very sad.

FORT Newbie

I liked the Cootes in the beginning with some others but like you got tired of them winning all the time. The camels back was broken when they were so rude after losing one game. Maybe the parents wanted to get their kids away from the camera rather than dealing with pouty kids. Either way. I wanted them out after that.

Not a fan of the DiSalvators except the long suffering mom and one of the boys. At least the father is finally helping out. Is he really that way or is it for the cameras about not messing up his hair and stuff, cooking, pumping gas? At least they did learn something about themselves. Maybe they will take some of that home with them to expand the way they think of their world. So go DiSals. I'm supporting you now.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123