+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pollard Newton, AL

Re: Pollard Newton, AL

You know, I'm not sure it matters whether you win or not.

FORT Newbie

Hey yall! This is Amie with The Pollard Family. Thank you so much for stopping in and leavin us a comment! We hope you will continue to watch the show ....it's a HOOT! Next Monday's episode will be fun!

I thought the Pollards might have been heading back home last night.
    It was "The Amie Show", with mum Pollard doing so much of the narrating, I wondered if they were foreshadowing the family being sent packing.

I was surprised they won the talent show with Old McDonald. I know there was more to it than just the singing. The son was doing some dance moves and tumbles, but I was still surprised it won.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Newbie

Hey Fluff! How are ya?
    You know we don't get to see the show until you guys do, so I was surprised to see how it was edited as well. Trust me, we did not relish the fact the we had to sing Old McDonald....we will never live that one down. I guess you just what you gotta do to stay alive in the competition! Thanks for watchin'...we will be in Kansas next week!

FORT Fogey

I hope this family does well
    Proud Member of Red Sox Nation

I kind of like these guys. They're my distant second favorites. And usually I get annoyed by someone becoming the narrator of the show (like Kristin on The Biggest Loser), but I'm fine with Amie. She has some funny remarks.

Last week, I was a bit disgusted when she gave Dee the shaft. I think she said something like, "Don't test me." But looking back at it, at least it was interesting TV. I love the DiSalvatores because they're such a riot, but they can't be the only ones making interesting TV, can they?

And I don't think the Cootes are winning anymore. They've been winning too many things that I think it's setting them up for a fall at the very end. Now I'm thinking it's the Pollards that win.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3621000;
    And I don't think the Cootes are winning anymore. They've been winning too many things that I think it's setting them up for a fall at the very end. Now I'm thinking it's the Pollards that win.
    I've been thinking the same thing; the Cootes seem to be getting a fall from grace edit. But I also have my doubts about whether this show is sharp enough to pull that off, so I guess I'll just have to wait and see if the Pollards come from behind.

Quote Originally Posted by amiepollard;3577677;
    Hey Fluff! How are ya?
    You know we don't get to see the show until you guys do, so I was surprised to see how it was edited as well. Trust me, we did not relish the fact the we had to sing Old McDonald....we will never live that one down. I guess you just what you gotta do to stay alive in the competition! Thanks for watchin'...we will be in Kansas next week!

Hi Amie! Welcome to the FoRT! It's great to see contestants post on the boards.

Last night was a good one for the Pollards.

It was nice to see them win a prize and very sweet that they offered to share it with the other two families.
    Good call of Amie to get the chidlren to remember the name of Mandalay Bay, that definitely helped them finish that portion of the challenge quickly and stay in contention.

The Pollards offer a nice contrast to the Di Salvatores. Amie does seem to run a tight ship, but does so without being a shrew, there's definite respect running through the family.
    The children are sweet too.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Newbie

Dagwood, Fluff, and Gang!
    Thankyou so much! It's great to come on a board that you don't always have to feel like your defending your every action. I appreciate your spirited debates and opinions. Only 2 episodes left.....Boy, it was tough bitting my lip through these challenges....but I had to practice what I've preached! The kids were watching our every reaction....the trip was wonderful and just making it to the Grand Canyon and some of those other beautiful places was a gift....we really needed the family time and God Blessed us with more than we could have ever hoped for on this trip! Thanks for your support ...you are awesome!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast