+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Katzenberg - Westport, CT

Re: Katzenberg - Westport, CT

Quote Originally Posted by pfeifferdcat;3525439;
    For a minute I thought the mom was Melissa Rivers!!! Ahhhh!!!
    OMG!!!!! You are so right!!!!!
    I am fairly certain that given a cape and a nice tiara, I could save the world.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I see it, too.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Newbie

Maybe good for ratings....there is always a high maintenance role to be played...they seem like they might really fit the part!

Quote Originally Posted by lobeck;3525740;
    Good catch, dixiegrl! Oh, great...now we'll have to deal with this little twit's incessant attempts at flirting with Aaron, who, with any luck, will think she's annoying as all get-out and will tell her so...
    Well, she will be doing it from in front of her TV, now!
    I thought the whole family was obnoxious and am glad they are gone.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3552943;
    Well, she will be doing it from in front of her TV, now!
    I thought the whole family was obnoxious and am glad they are gone.
    ME TOO!

HYLERI....is that suppose to be HILARY??? I am so sure that is a totally made up way of spelling the name of Hilary!

Yes, she could be a Melissa Rivers double for sure. Did they say they were getting married....?

FORT Newbie

Hey ... this is Hyleri Katzenberg. Firstly, I would like to explain that we played in green jerseys because that is the color of kidney cancer awareness ... I am a recent kidney cancer survivor (7/2008). You have to understand that the editing of a reality show has a lot to do with public perception. When I spoke about my 7 carat ring, it was in response to a direct question by the producer, which was edited out. What we continued to say in that explanation was that the ring was from Claire's and cost us $9.50.
    My name is pronounced Hilary, but spelled Hyleri, because I am Jewish and it is a Jewish custom to name one's child after the deceased. I was named after my father's father whose name was Hy and had passed away.
    I know we were painted to look like rich snobs (I might have rooted against us too). That is not at all who we are. If you google me, you can see who we really are, aside from the edited version.
    Hyleri Katzenberg

I was a bit disappointed when they were booted because they were kind of crazy and all over the place and I liked that.

They completely missed the point of the vote challenge and screwed up the ball challenge too, but I thought they all seemed likeable and I rather enjoyed the kind of manic quality they had about them.
    They kept me laughing in the first episode.
    I thought they had a great attitude when they were eliminated too.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Hi Hyleri, Welcome to the FoRT. I hope you enjoy it here and thanks for jumping in to clarify some things. I haven't watched this show yet but was drawn to the thread when I saw Westport, CT. I grew up in Weston, CT. and I want to stand up for Fairfield County a little bit here based upon some of the comments earlier in this thread and how Hyleri says her family was portrayed on the show.

Westporters aren't all high maintenance people. Paul Newman was a resident of Westport for decades. And, yes, Unfortunately, Martha Stewart was too but she sold her house recently and lives primarily in Westchester County now.

The main point is, though, that there are always going to be a wide variety of personality types any place you look and there are a lot of good hearted people in Fairfield County who are deeply concerned for the welfare of others and place spiritual and emotional happiness and intellectual and creative challenges far above material wealth. I know it's easy and tempting to stereotype a group of people but those who do may miss some very important details.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by Hyleri;3555678;
    Hey ... this is Hyleri Katzenberg. Firstly, I would like to explain that we played in green jerseys because that is the color of kidney cancer awareness ... I am a recent kidney cancer survivor (7/2008). You have to understand that the editing of a reality show has a lot to do with public perception. When I spoke about my 7 carat ring, it was in response to a direct question by the producer, which was edited out. What we continued to say in that explanation was that the ring was from Claire's and cost us $9.50.
    My name is pronounced Hilary, but spelled Hyleri, because I am Jewish and it is a Jewish custom to name one's child after the deceased. I was named after my father's father whose name was Hy and had passed away.
    I know we were painted to look like rich snobs (I might have rooted against us too). That is not at all who we are. If you google me, you can see who we really are, aside from the edited version.
    Hyleri Katzenberg
    Welcome Hyleri

I, for one, was rooting for your family. I liked you guys a whole lot better than the Faverey family. They totally annoyed the crap out of me and I was hoping they would be the ones to go. The thing with the ball was a really hard challenge too. I wish your family well as you begin your new lives together. I know it's never easy to blend families but you guys seem to be doing well with that so far. Good Luck
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

FORT Regular

I missed the airing or the pilot episode but caught it on NBC Direct - I wish I could've seen it in its original quality.

Thanks for chipping in, Hyleri. I know the edits are done to portray contrasts and stereotypes and rarely reveal what people are really like when you get to know them. Nonetheless, I was really pulling for your family. You guys came across to me as the most "normal" (whatever that is) family and I was impressed by your style and competitiveness. I could tell you guys weren't snobby when your beautiful daughter Sami made no false pretenses about who she is when she blurted out "I'm not" in response to you mentioning how in shape you guys were compared to most of the other families (that was obvious, LOL!).

It was unfortunate that you guys carried so few votes in the first challenge, because your husband was by far the fastest over the course. It was a classic "tortoise and hare" example. As for the final challenge, I was under the impression that you didn't feel too badly about losing so you could get back to preparing for your wedding. Congratulations on that, BTW! Did you guys know ahead of time how important it was to pick the shortest path through the arches in order for the rope to reach?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast