+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DiSalvatore - Yonkers, NY

Re: DiSalvatore - Yonkers, NY

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3572709;
    This is the best team this show has. When these guys get eliminated, this show will lose one of its few bright spots. The parents are a hoot. As crazy as they are, they entertain me so much. The parents should have tried out for TAR instead of this show.
    I agree that they "make" the show, but that doesn't stop them from being total cartoon characters.

I'm also betting that the casting of the Katzenbergs was originally intended to set up a little class war thing between the two families, but that went by the wayside when the Katzenbergs lost so quickly.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I like this family, they crack me up. The mother makes me cringe but they still crack me up. I hope they stay around a while, the show would be really boring without them.

FORT Fogey

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this family. I went to high school in Joisey and my parents lived for years in NYC. The "call-it-like-you-see-it" attitude of people from the Tri-State area is the one thing that is simultaneously refreshing and irritating. Refreshing because out there, you pretty much always know where you stand with people. Irritating because there is something to be said for self-restraint and diplomacy.

Anyway, the mom has to stop nagging the dad, but the dad needs to step it up with his family. The kids seem to be suffering from the parents bickering which is difficult to watch. I'm glad that they seem to be working better together. A boost of self-esteem is definately in order for each of them.

I think the one reason I like this family the most is that the dad - a true city-kid - is really awestruck by the beauty of this country. The others get it, but it's like this father is on another planet. We should all be that humble and amazed at what the natural beauty this country is fortunate enough to have.

Sidenotes...
    1) I loved the "y'ous vs. y'all" comparison, by the way. So funny....we are each different but also the same at the end of the day.
    2) There seems to be two competing families on these boards, and neither is talking about anyone but themselves. As a result, I'm inclined to think the DiSalvatore's and all the others will be sent home soon and that it will be a Cootes vs. Pollard Finale.

Not thrilled by the Cootes, by the way. I don't like seeing everything go to one family. They are good at challenges, and I suppose what's fair is fari, but I don't care for them. And, they don't seem to appreciate what they are getting out of this trip, i.e. seeing America and making friends. They just want to win. I suppose that's fine too, but I wish they could at least fake enthusiasm over the experience. As it is, they are lacking both spirit and personality.

Without these, I can't get behind them.
    Last edited by Jexter; 07-29-2009 at 04:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3622548;
    I think the one reason I like this family the most is that the dad - a true city-kid - is really awestruck by the beauty of this country. The others get it, but it's like he's on another planet. We should all be that humble at what this country has to offer.

Sidenotes...
    1) I loved the "y'ous vs. y'all" comparison, by the way. So funny....we are each different but also the same at the end of the day.
    2) That there seems to be two competing families on these boards, and neither is talking about anyone but themselves. As a result, I'm inclined to think the Salvatores and all the others will be sent home soon.
    The competing families on these boards are making me a little bit uncomfortable. I sort of wish it would stop because it's ruining the show for me. It's not the spoilering because I love spoilers as much as the next person, it's just uncomfortable.

I'm not going to be happy seeing the DiSalvatore's going home. They are far and away the most interesting family to watch on this show and it's mostly because of the father and how amazed he is by every little thing he sees. He just makes me smile and makes me remember how I felt the first time I saw some of those things. Like the Grand Canyon and how you are just flat out awe struck when you first see it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3622556;
    The competing families on these boards are making me a little bit uncomfortable. I sort of wish it would stop because it's ruining the show for me. It's not the spoilering because I love spoilers as much as the next person, it's just uncomfortable.

I'm not going to be happy seeing the DiSalvatore's going home. They are far and away the most interesting family to watch on this show and it's mostly because of the father and how amazed he is by every little thing he sees. He just makes me smile and makes me remember how I felt the first time I saw some of those things. Like the Grand Canyon and how you are just flat out awe struck when you first see it.
    I kind of agree. I like to rant but don't want to hurt peoples' feelings.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3622548;
    ....Anyway, the mom has to stop nagging the dad, but the dad needs to step it up with his family. The kids seem to be suffering from the parents bickering which is difficult to watch. I'm glad that they seem to be working better together. A boost of self-esteem is definately in order for each of them....
    Just read the brief intros of the family....this guy is a stay-at-home dad, but he he doesn't cook??? Now I see why the wife is a nag. He probably deserves in a big way.

The older son says he wants to be a lawyer. I hope he and is brother are more ambitious than the dad. Not that being a stay-at-home dad, but with kids that age, he should be out doing SOMETHING. And minimally, he should cook every meal if the wife is out working.

He is still highly enteraining, but he's dropped several notches for me.

Aw, don't lose hope guys! I think they still have a good chance at sticking through until the very end. Or at least close to the very end. They have been getting first in every elimination challenge they've competed in.

The dad was on American Inventor with this superhero thing. I was looking through YouTube videos of this family, and the American Inventor came up.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Newbie

This family (especially the dad) has grown so much since the beginning of the show. I love them now!

At the beginning, I was wishing they'd just go home. But I'm so glad they kept making it through...I'm really impressed with them and I hope they take it all.

Same here.....I'd love it if they won this!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast