+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coote Lockport, IL

Re: Coote Lockport, IL

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3654788;
    They were sore losers last night, imo.
    Snotty, whining kids who didn't even want to share in the reward when the Pollard's graciously asked if the other two families could join them in their hotel suite.

They've played very well, their teamwork in particular has been excellent and they haven't been handicapped by having two of the smaller and obviously less physically strong children on their team.
    I thought the way they behaved laat night after losing was disappointing.
    The parents set a really bad example for those kids last night. They should have graciously accepted the Pollard's offer and enjoyed a fun night with the other families.

FORT Newbie

They are not only poor losers, they are poor winners.

FORT Newbie

This family is a group of poor players in the sense --they act like they are entitled to win for some reason.
    DOLPHIN, DOG, AND DEER DREAMER

FORT Newbie

I am so glad they lost, they were such poor sports. It probably sounds mean, but I just could not stand to listen to the son. He's one of the most obnoxious kids I have ever seen.

FORT Newbie

I hope they are totally ashamed of their behavior as they watch it on television. Did they really even enjoy the trip, or was it all about the winning?

There are a lot of first time posters coming in here to show their displeasure with the Cootes. Welcome to the forum, BTW.

I don't dislike them as much as everybody else seems to do. I do think they made some bad calls and I think they got too wrapped up in the win at all costs mentality and failed to enjoy the experience. However, I'm also aware of editing and how every show wants a "bad" guy and will often skew comments around to make people look worse than they really are. Not being on the show, not being in their situation, I'm not going to pass judgment on them.

I do hope that if they are at all like they were edited to be on this show that they got a good hard look at themselves after the filming was over and made some changes.

I wanted to point out that they weren't the only ones with a bad attitude. I actually stopped watching this show a couple of weeks ago because I got turned off by all their attitudes and how negative/nasty the families were being (all of them). The "beat the Coote Bootie" wasn't any nicer than what this family was doing. The purposely excluding them and making sure to sit away from them and not include them when they went out to eat. I saw them all as being poor sports. Poor winners, poor losers. They weren't being very good role models in my eyes and I don't just mean the Cootes here.

They all sunk down to a very low common denominator that made me so uncomfortable that I couldn't watch it anymore which upset me. I really had high hopes for this show but won't watch it again after seeing the way all these families acted.

Shame.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12