+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: About The Show

About The Show

"Great American Road Trip," from BBC Worldwide, is a hilarious and relatable new series where seven families from divergent backgrounds are selected to take the journey of a lifetime. Over eight episodes, the families will travel through cities large and small, all while competing in a medley of humorous challenges that will ultimately lead one family to victory.

These comical, clever challenges are set against iconic American backdrops like the majestic Grand Canyon and the regal Washington Monument. Along the way, our families and our viewers will also discover quirky American landmarks, ranging from the World's Largest Chair to a sneaker the size of a car. Although family fun is the centerpiece of the show, the competition is real and one family will be eliminated each week based on their performance in the challenges. Ultimately, only one family will return home with a dream prize that perfectly complements their extraordinary and memorable summer vacation.

The Great American Road Trip - NBC Site
    "That's Numberwang!"

Re: About The Show

This one seems well worth a look. The BBC generally does it right. It sounds similar to one that had couples racing to perform tasks, discover clues and solve puzzles that I remember enjoying. It had an online treasure hunt that viewers could play. Wish I could remember the name of that show, but I'm sure someone will. It might have actually been called "Treasure Hunt" or Treasure Hunters."
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

This could be fun. I'll give it a shot.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Sounds like a good premise. I hope it is as good as it sounds.

Yeah I am in on this one too. Sounds like a cross between the Amazing Race: Family Edition, that treasure hunt show, and National Lampoon's Vacation!

Hmmm. Just reading the description that Fluff provided kind of reminded me of the old Road Rules competitions from MTV. Only this sounds more humorous AND interesting.
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

And more appropriate for the whole family, ElizabethG. I bet my kids will love this show. They are currently watching Wipeout, Japanese Game show, and the sports/celebrity competition. I'm raising little FORTers I guess!
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

I may give this one a shot as well. Sounds interesting.

Me, too. I really liked Treasure Hunters for all the history uncovered and this one looks like it will uncover quirkiness. It will be like the CBS Sunday Morning pieces combined with The Amazing Race for families. Light Summer Fun...finally.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Looks like good summer filler, I'm in.
    Friends are those rare people who ask how you are and then wait for the answer. ~Author Unknown

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast