+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Finale discussion 3/25 **spoilers**

The Broadway people only get introduced by character name? Ouch.

Love their Rizzo though...

I wonder how these established pros will like working with these "reality show people"?

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Check out my reality! AZHotFlash's Avatar
    tonight !

FORT Regular
    And there is justice.....

Max and Laura look so darn cute together. Just love both of them. No doubt they are going to have to work their butts off in the coming months.

Geez though the rest of the cast could almost be their parents. LOL. Should be interesting to see what Kathleen does with the revival. She and Jim Jacobs seemed excited but did you catch a look at David Ian's face. I think he was simply flabergasted. I heart America.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    I agree. The Broadway cast looks so freaking old. Agewise with that cast, Austin would've fit in better. Max looks like he's in junior high compared to them. Derek would've been a good fit in age and looks, too.

Ugh, why'd they drag that awful Matt back? He's so hideous looking and his voice hasn't gotten any better... Me, I'd be happy being stuck in a room with Chad, Derek, Austin and Max.

I was hoping Austin and Laura would win, but I knew Max and Laura would. They'll be great on Broadway and adorable in those roles. Hopefully Austin and Ashley will parlay their 15 minutes of fame into something bigger and brighter than "Grease."

And Laura is one lucky lady. Besides winning, she's having a May wedding to a man who's better looking than any of the contestants from this show! I hope they have a long and happy marriage and get to go on an awesome honeymoon! Aruba sounds heavenly (if they ever get to go)...

FORT Fogey
    YEEESSS for Max!!

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2296701;
    The Broadway people only get introduced by character name? Ouch.

Love their Rizzo though...

I wonder how these established pros will like working with these "reality show people"?
    They should be viewed as equals, except they went through a much longer audition period than the others.
    Reality leaves a lot to the imagination. ~John Lennon

Write for HubPages.

Put aside "should" for a minute and think about the way people tend to act in real life. People don't always act as they "should".

I'll bet there's a range of reactions, from resigned acceptance to annoyance to awkwardness.

It may help though that Laura, at least, has done the role regionally. In an actual non-popularity based audition process that could have still gotten her hired.

Max, looking at his profile, has had drama school and not much else. Now I'm not speaking about his talent--because I picked him as one of two possible Dannys from the very beginning, I'm just talking about the possible 'tude from established working actors towards him.

EDIT - Okay, I'll gear back a little. I just double checked and they DO say he's been in two productions of Grease. I'd forgotten that. He's just never been the lead.
    Last edited by Krom; 03-25-2007 at 11:10 PM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Did anyone else notice Austin's reaction when he heard Max's name ? He had a moment of tourettes twitching in his facial expression... I almost choked on my drink because I was laughing so hard.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

Haven't they been around the pro's at the academy all along? I've just started watching what I Tivo'd earlier so that might be a stupid question. Sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by Realitychick;2297012;
    Did anyone else notice Austin's reaction when he heard Max's name ? He had a moment of tourettes twitching in his facial expression... I almost choked on my drink because I was laughing so hard.

No, I missed that. Bummer. I did, however, see the look on David's face. He didn't look very happy that Max won. Personally, I think Max really shined. He grew each week, going forward, not backward. He deserved to win. I can totally see him as Danny.

+ Reply to Thread