+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: Finale discussion 3/25 **spoilers**

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by AZHotFlash;2297365;
    I noticed that .. I thought that he might have used a swear word under his breath .. but he did recover nicely!
    I've given him such a hard time on these boards out of my completely biased love for Max but Austin does have a lot of talent to go with his ego. I rewatched parts of the show last night ... and for the first time, I really felt for Austin. He's been getting mixed messages from the panel and it had to be tough to lose to Max. I thought it was great to see real emotion from him. I would love for him to learn how to channel more of it into his performances.

No doubt he'll benefit from his exposure from the show and I wish him and Ashley well. A heck of long job interview not to take home the prize.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peaches'n cream;2297433;
    No doubt he'll benefit from his exposure from the show and I wish him and Ashley well. A heck of long job interview not to take home the prize.
    I think both Austin and Ashley will be offered at least a couple TV guest starring roles -- they both have camera ready faces (and bodies). I know not a lot of people here liked Austin, but I still think he's perfect for daytime dramas (the dramatic pauses, the mugging faces etc.), though it seems that theater is his goal rather than TV. I don't mean a "CSI" type of show necessarily 'cause I don't know how good actors they really are, but somehing like "Las Vegas" (which doesn't really tax an actors' skills)... Hopefully neither of them will be bitter about not winning the big prize and can parlay their exposure to expanding their careers to things they hadn't been thinking about...

Quote Originally Posted by echo226;2297155;
    About the pros ... yes, they do look very old for these parts - all of them. I wonder what's up with that. Grease ... the retirement years.

Quote Originally Posted by AZHotFlash;2296627;
    Guess that they had that TEXAS SPIRIT! YEEE HAW! (Could have been worse .. they could have named him Dallas or Houston or Whitewright [where my mom was born])
    Or Paris…
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

FORT Fan
    I too, am so going to miss seeing and hearing Max each week. Plus the others!
    I have really enjoyed this show but Max is who really drew me in the most each week ever since he first came on screen during the auditions.
    I wish I lived close to New York but I am from the second place contestant's
    name--Austin, Texas! I am happy that Laura won as well as I think she
    is the best choice for the role.
    I do think a lot of the other contestants have a place in show business-Ashley, Austin, Derek, Chad to name a few.
    Helen

I am glad Max won. While Derek was gorgeous, very masculine, and quite talented, his singing inconsistencies lost it for him. Plus, he really did look a little too mature for the role. Austin - equally gorgeous (although his masculinity was questionable) was also very talented, but again, too mature looking. Max was just right. He was not my favorite as I like my eye candy (Derek, Chad), but he is young, talented, and obviously likes girls. He can pull it off probably better than the rest. Good for him!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2297475;
    I know not a lot of people here liked Austin, but I still think he's perfect for daytime dramas (the dramatic pauses, the mugging faces etc.), though it seems that theater is his goal rather than TV. I don't mean a "CSI" type of show necessarily 'cause I don't know how good actors they really are, but somehing like "Las Vegas" (which doesn't really tax an actors' skills)... Hopefully neither of them will be bitter about not winning the big prize and can parlay their exposure to expanding their careers to things they hadn't been thinking about...
    I get the feeling Austin would feel that it's a major step back to go back to daytime television.

I do think that he would be great for a lot of Broadway shows, and even Grease, but I just never felt that he was Danny. There are many roles out there that would love his style of overacting... perhaps Max Bialystock in The Producers.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Theater is vastly different from TV and film. While I thought that John Travolta was a fine Danny Zuko, he is only one of many very diverse types who have played the role.

Jeff Conaway (Kenicke in the movie) played Danny in the theater. Neither Barry Bostwick (the first Danny) nor Richard Gere has the Travolta look.

Even the very blonde and not-at-all tough looking Rex Smith played Danny in the theater.

The apparent age of the other cast members is also far from unusual. In theater, unlike TV and film, a most of the audience cannot see faces distinctly enough to notice. Costumes, make-up, and hair can make all the difference when the acting is good.

If they want a blonde Sandy, hair dye or wigs will do it. They can even bulk Max up if really want to as they did with Christopher Reeve before he filmed the first Superman.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011