+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Finale discussion 3/25 **spoilers**

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Yeah, I saw David kind of grimacing when Max was announced the winner. I think both Laura and Ashley are physically lovely, but David always liked Austin's face the best... As for Austin's twitching, gees, give the guy a break. Instead of pretending he didn't care, he actually showed he was disappointed. I probably would've cried on stage from losing...

Well, I watched for that just now- and what I saw was David with his mouth open - to me he looked really pleased in a stunned sort of way. They were all pleased because those were there final picks last week. I think they were surprised that America delivered the ones they wanted.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;2297054;
    Well, I watched for that just now- and what I saw was David with his mouth open - to me he looked really pleased in a stunned sort of way. They were all pleased because those were there final picks last week. I think they were surprised that America delivered the ones they wanted.
    I just rewatched it now as well. I think the panel is pleased as punch. Laura looked excited too. Aw!

As an aside, it is so much fun to watch Max. He has the most incredibly expressive face (and body movement for that matter) --sigh. Congratulations to him and Laura and thanks for a great ride. I'm actually going to miss Max on my Sunday nights but happy I am going to see him on the big stage. He simply stole my heart!
    Last edited by Peaches'n cream; 03-26-2007 at 01:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;2297017;
    Haven't they been around the pro's at the academy all along? I've just started watching what I Tivo'd earlier so that might be a stupid question. Sorry!
    No, the "pros" were only cast in the production within the past month themselves. I'd be interested in seeing what their backgrounds are as well.

I would think that there wouldn't be much of a negative reaction towards Laura and Max by the other members. After all, Laura and Max have paid their dues publicly for the past three months (and more), something that the other members haven't had to do. And hopefully Laura and Max will also be a little bit of a draw, which should ensure these other guys a job.

It's not like the other occasions where normal reality show contestants that have been on shows completely unrelated to real acting, singing, or dancing all of a sudden get jobs on television, or whatever, in lieu of someone that has worked in the actual field for awhile. These two have worked in this specific field.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by AZHotFlash;2296627;
    Guess that they had that TEXAS SPIRIT! YEEE HAW! (Could have been worse .. they could have named him Dallas or Houston or Whitewright [where my mom was born])
    And then there is also "Sherman", not to forget "Victoria" or "Katy".

It looked to me like a couple of the "pros" were cheering them on. Maybe they've been watching and rooting for Max and Laura too.

About the pros ... yes, they do look very old for these parts - all of them. I wonder what's up with that. Grease ... the retirement years.

As for Austin and Ashley ... did anybody notice that Ashley specifically mentioned David ? I wonder if he told her he has something in mind for her should she not get this role.

I hope they do tour the show with Max and Laura because I'd love to see it.

I am so glad that Max and Laura won ... but I'm sad that the show is over and I'll miss seeing the regulars here who stuck with it to the end. Hope I to see you all in other FORT locations. The Bachelor is coming up, and I think Big Brother fairly soon.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I live close enough to New York that I am definitely going to get tickets to see Grease this summer. I just pray that Laura and Max are still in the cast and that this was not just a gimmick where they'll have the part for a few weeks and then someone else will take over.

I'm so happy the two I picked from the beginning won! I just adore Max, and really enjoyed seeing him get better each week.

Check out my reality! AZHotFlash's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Realitychick;2297012;
    Did anyone else notice Austin's reaction when he heard Max's name ? He had a moment of tourettes twitching in his facial expression... I almost choked on my drink because I was laughing so hard.

I noticed that .. I thought that he might have used a swear word under his breath .. but he did recover nicely!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;2297054;
    I agree. I think that, although the judges wanted Max by the end of the show, they were aware of how "untypical" a choice he would be for Danny and therefore David was shocked that America saw enough of what they saw to vote for Max.

Max really looked an unlikely Danny (a la John Travolta) at the beginning of this process, but as he said, he "found" his Danny half way through the show and became totally believable.

+ Reply to Thread