+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 3/18 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I didn't care for Austin's singing last night. I thought he had a great voice at the beginning of the competition, but the longer the show has gone on, I'm not so sure. He has a beautiful baritone, but last night's tenor sounded rather cartoonish to me. I don't know what happened. It hasn't helped with his throwing in smiles at inappropriate junctures during a song--trying to make us think he has a cute, "funny" side. Ugh. He so doesn't look like a high schooler, either.

I panicked when they mentioned the 1% spread between Max and Soon to be obscure, but I'm hoping that all the Derek fans will be behind Max more than Mr. Pouty as there's a huge jump in style between Derek and Austin.

Did anyone else see Max in the background of Allie's goodbye song? He looked a little shaky and took a big breath, it seemed like he's was getting pretty upset and trying to calm down. He's such a sweetie.
    Wag more, bark less

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    He so doesn't look like a high schooler, either.
    NONE of them look like high schoolers, not even Allie who is only 19. And let's not forget that the producers didn't want actors who looked like real high schoolers since that one cute boy (18?) and actual high schooler from L.A. was cut for looking TOO YOUNG! I could buy an older looking Danny. Danny's pretty stupid so it always seemed to me that he flunked a few times anyhow.

I think it's funny that a lot of people don't like Austin for being too cocky/possibly gay; and they like Max for being sincere and earnest. Well, if Max is as good an actor as everyone says he is, he could be pulling a fast one and pretending to be Mr. Nice Guy when in reality he's the cocky and gay one.

I don't trust most show biz types any further than I can throw them. I'm sure plenty are nice people, but they make their livings trying to convince us they're what we want them to be. Unless Austin beats puppies and kicks kids for fun, I don't care. He's a good actor/singer/dancer/butt slapper and I like him. Max, whether he's pretending or not, I like him a lot, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;[U
    He's a good actor/singer/dancer/butt slapper [/U]and I like him. Max, whether he's pretending or not, I like him a lot, too.

I'm going to try get around my bias here.

I actually thought Austin and Ashley did a fine job Sunday, as did my favorites Max and Laura.

However, I thought Austin and Ashley both seemed very confident and vocally strong, whereas both Max and Laura had some weak (breathy) moments vocally, and seemed more nervous. I expected this as both Austin and Ashley have been pushed from the very beginning and Max and Laura probably feel like the underdogs.

But ... Austin and Ashley look too mature and "practiced" to be Danny and Sandy. Boy, they didn't fumble on that lip-lock at all. Max and Laura were a lot more believable, perhaps because of that nervousness which suits the characters. Character wise, Danny isn't really all that sure of himself and Sandy is naive. They are high schoolers testing the waters ... not diving in !

At the end of the day, I think the director Kathleen hit the nail on the head. Max and Laura are more believable as a greaser and his high school sweetheart. I totally agree.

Austin and Ashley are good ... but they are not Danny and Sandy ... Max and Laura are !

So ... I really hope the judges unanimous "pick" of Max and Laura was honest and not American Idol style vote manipulation to get people to vote for Austin and Ashley.

Regardless of the ratings bomb this show turned out to be, I think the boredom factor was in the production not the concept ... and I personally enjoyed it and would like to see more.

It's been fun watching with all here.

Now on to the Finale and fingers crossed for Max and Laura.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

FORT Newbie
    I think Max will probably win this thing. With the judges pimping hi up and the whole sob story with his cerebral palsy he'll probably garner enough votes to win. However, I think what Austin has going for him is that the teenage girls who voted for Derek because he was hot will probably vote for Austin than Max.

Quote Originally Posted by BluntPhil;2287362;
    I think Max will probably win this thing. With the judges pimping hi up and the whole sob story with his cerebral palsy he'll probably garner enough votes to win. However, I think what Austin has going for him is that the teenage girls who voted for Derek because he was hot will probably vote for Austin than Max.
    Bell's Palsy! I think that's what Max said he had as a kid. Not sure if it's a similar thing or not. Do you really think more teen girls will vote for Austin than Max, though? While I would've thought that Austin would've gotten all the girl votes, Max is the one who continually gets the loudest screams at the live shows...I think he and Chad had the loudest screamers. Who knows, right?

I agree with echo. I would actually find Max and Laura believable as teenagers going through awkwardness, and Laura has a natural innocence about her while Max can play cocky/insecure better than Austin. Austin's obviously talented, but he comes across as too mature for my tastes. With Ashley, sometimes I believe her emotion, sometimes I don't.

Laura actually looks fairly young to me, but that's my opinion.

All were very good in the show last night, so I'm glad they made top 4, though I miss my eye candy, Derek.
    Why is it boys talk so much, when they have nothing to say? And girls have plenty to say, but no one will listen?
    --Vada Sultenfuss

No matter who they pick, I wonder who will go see this play on Broadway? It'd be the usual people who were in New York, right? It's not like this company will tour the U.S., and the can't really expect people to travel from other states to come see this. So I wonder how the winners will impact ticket sales--if at all.

I also think the judges have been giving Max the Big Edit for winner since the first show. He's the only one I remember from that show, with the exception of the jilted lover, Matt, who was axed early on. As for the ladies, I don't remember any one of them catching my eye that early on. I do expect Max and Laura to walk away with this, but frankly, any of the remaining four could probably do fine...even Austin.

Lois, it will be interesting to see how big (or small) a splash the show makes when it debuts this summer.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast