+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 3/18 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;2286118;
    I'm not sure that Max will get it since there was just a 1% difference in the vote last week; but truthfully either guy will do well. I understand why David said that (for him) it was close between Laura and Ashley. They both our good, but I like the sound of Laura's voice best. I thought that Max and Ashley made a good couple singing - would I go to see Max and Laura or Ashley? Absolutely! Would I go to see Austin and either Sandy? Maybe - I love the show, but would enjoy it more with Max as Danny!
    I personally would have preferred Derek as Danny, but I digress. I can't pick a champion of late. Ozzy in Survivor, Elliott or Chris on Idol, the beauty queens on the race..........it's not good to have me on your side. lol

I think Laura is the better singer, but Ashley is the better actress. At the end of HDTY, Laura was smiling. Ashley had a distressed look on her face like you should when finishing that song. Ashley also acted throughout the song. Laura seemed more focused on singing. That is the key difference I see between the two Sandys besides hair color. One acts better and one sings better.

I think Max fit better with Ashley. It seemed more forced with Laura. I thought Austin fit better with Laura.

I don't share everyon'e disdain for Austin. He seems like a nice enough guy and all. He's talented, and he deserves to make a living in the teaater. I just don't think he's Danny. Not meant to offend, but he comes across a little gay to me, and that's one thing Danny isn't. There's nothing at all femenine about Danny, and Austin seems to have a bit too much femeninity. It's just certain actions that make me say no, he's not Danny.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

Quote Originally Posted by yourefired;2286189;
    I think Laura is the better singer, but Ashley is the better actress. At the end of HDTY, Laura was smiling. Ashley had a distressed look on her face like you should when finishing that song. Ashley also acted throughout the song. Laura seemed more focused on singing. That is the key difference I see between the two Sandys besides hair color. One acts better and one sings better.
    Not meant to offend, but he comes across a little gay to me, and that's one thing Danny isn't. There's nothing at all femenine about Danny, and Austin seems to have a bit too much femeninity. It's just certain actions that make me say no, he's not Danny.
    I agree. I also think Laura is a little stiff when she dances the 'fun' dances. Her voice is wonderful, though. I could listen to her sing all day long.

That's exactly what I think about Austin! Nothing wrong with it if he is gay, but he isn't masculine enough to play Danny. Austin is a cutie, but not the right cutie for the part.

Max has that snarl down to a T.

Well bummer, I'm sad about Derek. FWIW, I was really hoping this reality show would uncover a 2000's version of John Travolta. But it didn't.

Well, I couldn't ever get through on the phone lines to vote... constant busy signals. I tried for almost the whole hour just hitting redial-- because then it became more about actually getting through than the actual vote I was going to cast! Never did get through, and I was trying to vote for Austin. Still like him best with Laura. So, was everyone else voting for Austin or is the phone line jinxed?

I tried to vote last night, for the first time since watching this show... I couldn't get through all night! I tried hitting redial the whole hour--became more obsessed with getting the vote in than actually caring about the vote! Austin's line was busy the entire time, does this mean he had that many people voting for him or that the lines were being tampered with so nobody could vote for him? I still think his vocals sound better with Laura than Max does.

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar
    I thought that Austin oversang. Even in a tender moment, he was bellowing. Now, I loved his voice, but Max had more nuance in his voice.

Quote Originally Posted by yourefired;2286189;
    I don't share everyon'e disdain for Austin. He seems like a nice enough guy and all. He's talented, and he deserves to make a living in the teaater. I just don't think he's Danny. Not meant to offend, but he comes across a little gay to me, and that's one thing Danny isn't. There's nothing at all femenine about Danny, and Austin seems to have a bit too much femeninity.
    Yes, I like Austin too. He does seem like a very nice person. He's just trying to make it in the business just like everyone else, waiting for their break. He doesn't come accross as gay to me but he does have very nice eyes, they sparkle.

Voted for Max last night in between commercials while watching Deal or No Deal, The Apprentice, got in a lot of votes. Kept hitting the redial button.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dberk;2285696;
    Isn't Max, Slacker Danny? He gives me the creeps! I can't believe he made it this far in the competition. I'm glad I wrote the show off when TAR began.
    It's good to see someone else feels like I do! I don't get the "Max factor" with so many people. He's better than he was at first, but I still don't like him. I was a Chad fan, and last week was my last week to watch.

FORT Newbie
    What the heck is up with all the Austin bashing? I think Austin was and still is the most polished of the Dannys. Derek had the look down to a tee, but his voice was sub-par comapred to the rest of the Dannys. Max has a great voice, but his looks just doesn't cut it. Also, I felt like Austin outsang Max last night, especially during the duets.

Oh, and Laura is Sandy hands down. Although, Ashley has grown on me the past few weeks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast