+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 3/18 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I was dialing frantically until I realized that I was having American Idol expectations for the phone lines, but this show doesn't get anywhere close to the votes.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Max and Laura ... that is who I'd like to see!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Laura has to win for Sandy...she has the best voice of any of them (male or female). She also is beautiful and sweet. Her fiance is totally hot, too!

As for the Dannys...I didn't care for either of their home videos. Oh boo hoo--I was a fat kid (Austin). Oh wait, pity me, I had a stroke (or whatever -- Max). Both those videos looked so contrived to get pity votes. That said, I like both Austin and Max.

I did feel bad when Max pointed out that he's no dummy--when he's called "unconventional," he knows that means the judges don't think he's handsome. Which is funny, 'cause I think he's so attractive. He's quite adorable.

I think Austin is wonderful and didn't see his usual mugging for the cameras tonight. Maybe someone (who likes him) said something to him about it. I thought he and Laura looked smoking hot tonight singing together and think they would have a gorgeous baby (and then they should give ME the baby!). Of the four, I think they make the most attractive, believable couple -- and they match physically and in age. They are just freaking gorgeous, the both of them.

But tonight's overall star was Laura. What a talent!

That said, I don't vote so I can't claim to be shocked when Max and Laura win next week. I think that's how it's going to play out.

I'm not sure that Max will get it since there was just a 1% difference in the vote last week; but truthfully either guy will do well. I understand why David said that (for him) it was close between Laura and Ashley. They both our good, but I like the sound of Laura's voice best. I thought that Max and Ashley made a good couple singing - would I go to see Max and Laura or Ashley? Absolutely! Would I go to see Austin and either Sandy? Maybe - I love the show, but would enjoy it more with Max as Danny!

Which girl is it that max started dating?

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer;2286142;
    Allie

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer;2286142;
    That was Allie. The girl voted off tonight. Whom, by the way, I thought in her farewell ditty, sang wonderfully. She sounded so good! Way to go out Allie!

Austin is cute, but I think he is too feminine for the part. I also thought his singing tonight was abysmal. Max is darling. All he needs, once he wins the part (because I'm sure he will) is to hit the gym and beef up a bit. Everything else is there. In spades. Austin needs to find another career. For some reason, I just don't like him. He is too smug. Max always seems flattered and a bit embarrassed when he recieves praise. He's humble. I like that. He's totally awesome and doesn't really know it.

I love Ashley. I really do. I think she is a better dancer than Laura, but Laura....that girls got some pipes on her! They both can act. I think Laura has it, though.

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kimrs;2285734;
    I hope that America really does get to pick the winner because I have a hard time believing that America picked Austin over Derek for Danny. However, the way that they have been raving over Max, I just hope that he wins.

I never noticed how big a girl Ashley was before. Laura looks like a little girl next to her. If Ashley wins Danny is going to look very small compared to her.
    I'm late to the party tonight, but my preference for Danny all along was Derek. He looked the part. Max does have the best vocals, and I voted for him for at least 90 minutes on 2 cell phones. I really prefer him over Austin. Austin seems like a nice guy, and he's hot with longer hair, but he's just not Danny. Max really isn't either. The voice is awesome, but the body isn't quite on point. He worked at a gym before this. I wonder why he didn't bulk up a bit more.

If we could put Max's voice in Derek's body, we'd have the perfect Danny. Derek is hot hot hot, but Max is the superior voice. And he won me over quite a bit when he did Summer of 69 and hung off the banister and jumped down. It was just such a cool move. We'll see Derek again, though. I totally believe that.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kimrs;2285741;
    How about Derek for Kanicki?

Austin is way too overemotional-he overemotes notes instead of truly feeling the music. He comes off too fake. Max acts out the words as he sings with his voice, face and body language. Can't you tell I don't want Austin to win?

For me, Derek is not Kanicki. Kanicki is a rough and tumble guy. Remember the guy who played him in the movie? He was lesser in looks than Travolta so as not to overshadow him.

Besides, I seriously doubt they'll cast anyone from this show initially in Grease because it might overshadow Danny and Sandy. I think Derek will work again, but it won't be in Grease unless it's a touring production or Austin/Max leave the role.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

FORT Fogey
    I thought they all did extremely well tonight, but for me, Laura is Sandy and has been since the beginning. The guys are much harder because Austin was very strong tonight and the fact that he has larger eyes does play a factor when you are viewing on tv. Max was also strong, but I think he is not as strong vocally. However, he has the edge on acting. When they were paired at the end, I thought Max and Laura had the best chemistry, but Austin and Laura "looked" like stars together.

This show was a blast!! Thank you moderators!!
    From a former Danny Zuko

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast