+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 3/11 Show discussion **Spoilers**

3/11 Show discussion **Spoilers**

Lets keep it in here until 2 AM Eastern.

I just saw a half-minute before they went to commercial...Laura and Max sang something then after commercial, they will do a salute to Rob Marshall, who is a guest judge tonight.

Chad is going home. He was perfect actor to play Danny.

Good luck, Chad!

FORT Fanatic
    When Laura and Max did their tunes the judges said they could be looking at the next Danny & Sandy, then at the end, two of the judges said Austin was their Danny tonight. I was not impressed with Austin at all! Anyone think this is reverse psychology? from now on it is the public that calls the shots. hen they saved Austin over Chad I thought it was because it meant they were trying to position Max to win. Now I'm not sure. I was stunned that Derek wasn't bottom two after his last two showings, but tonight the song was more in his range. He doesn't have a lot fo different expression from tune to tune though.

FORT Regular
    Well, at the time Max and Laura sang - Austin hadn't sang yet. They might have meant "so far tonight", Max and Laura could be the Danny and Sandy.

The 2 judges (Jim Jacobs and Rob Marshall) were the only ones that commented on Max and Laura, and later, Jim did pick Max as Danny, but again - Austin hadn't sang yet...

I did hope they kept Chad (though I like Austin too) - Chad seemed very laid-back and a little quiet, maybe a little too introverted to get fans to really step up and vote for him.

Laura did a fantastic job. Allie was a little too porcelain-doll smile/expression during her song and Ashley did a little better but wasn't convincing.

I don't know what it was tonight, but it seemed like Allie and Laura were not singing their songs....they were very close to screaming. It was just too loud or something, but I wasn't impressed. Usually, I enjoy both of them.

Derek looks like the perfect Danny, but my vote belongs to Max. He has really stepped it up and I would love to see him win. Austin is too girly for me. I really like Ashley, too.

I agreed with the majority of the judges -- Laura and Austin are my choices. I know that the public doesn't like Austin as much, so suspect he'll be the next one voted off, but I think he has the talent and range to be Danny. Max is cute, to be sure, but vocally he is not as talented as Austin (to me), and he's less experienced. Laura is heads and shoulders above the other two Sandys.

Did anyone notice that Ally tripped a bit as she finished coming down the stairs? Poor thing, she tried to recover, but she had to look at her foot. The heels they make those poor gals wear! And then I thought she sounded awful - that song was way too much of a stretch for her upper range. Laura sounded great and acted too. Ashley sounded pretty good, but her acting is not nearly as convincing.

Austin's voice sounded perfect to me. That lower range....delicious. Chad's voice was much weaker both in the sing off and the group songs -- I could barely hear him. He does have gorgeous eyes, to be sure, but the judges picked the right guy to stay, in my book. But I am afraid they can't help Austin any more if the public doesn't like him. This should not be a popularity contest, though -- he would be the best of the guys on Broadway, hands down.

Emily

To the Point
    Austin skeeves me out. There is just something about him that makes me terribly bothered. If I just listen he doesn't bother me and he definitely projects for the theater type production, however, I have a really difficult time enjoying his performances when I actually watch him.

FORT Fogey
    I like Austin but he is not popular with the viewers so I expect to see Max and Derek standing in the end with Derek winning the role. Max is just not good looking enough, unfortunately.

Allie will go. She was my favorite in the beginning but she is not as good as the other two. The odds are in favor of Ashley beating Laura based on looks.

Check out my reality! AZHotFlash's Avatar
    I was surprised that the two men chose Austin .. I thought he "played" to the camera too much ... and really didn't do the song well. And although I am a big Max fan .. I didn't think he was at his best last night either .. in fact the only one I thought was on their "game" was Laura.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast