+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 3/11 Show discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by aname;2277077;
    I didn't watch last night and didn't tape it. The show is so consistently boring, and there are so many other programs that conflict with it, that I think I'm done. Chad was one of my favorites, the other being Derek. I didn't care which of those two won and I favor none of the girls (but, kind of like Laura). Austin is too effeminine and smarmy and Max, although strong vocally and a good performer, is just too plain and not sexy enough for Danny.

But, in my opinion, if the producer wants to attract people to pay to see a live show, he will need to attract the women. Max's looks would never draw a crowd and once the audience saw Austin perform, word of mouth would kill the run of the show. Only Derek and Chad could draw a crowd based on looks and masculine appeal alone. Chad's voice was too weak, but Derek just needs practice and grooming as he has the basics . . and he definitely has sex appeal.
    I can't disagree with you more. Live theatre is so completely different than television. The audience doesn't get close ups! What's important is the quality of the performance. Can the actor deliver the essence of the character? If he can, he gets the critics' nod and audience word of mouth travels fast.

I agree with Peaches. Live performance is very different. You really don't see handsomeness from the seat. I think Max has more of the sweet side of Danny and has proven that he can bring on the macho side of Danny.

Derek was a favorite of mine in the beginning, but I am not convinced that he can act well; his expressions seem frozen and he does not feel natural or at ease. Austin is good in all areas, I don't think that I would pay to see him though. I would pay to see Max though!

Peaches, thanks for posting that excellent review by Seth Rudetsky. Since I don't have any background in singing or dancing, I appreciate the perspective from someone who knows what they're talking about.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

I enjoyed it too - thanks for posting it, Peaches'n!

Looking forward to the next round!

Emily

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by roseskid;2278135;
    Peaches, thanks for posting that excellent review by Seth Rudetsky. Since I don't have any background in singing or dancing, I appreciate the perspective from someone who knows what they're talking about.
    I don't know roseskid, you seem to know more than you think you do!!

You know, Max may not be the most traditionally "handsome" guy ... I think that was Chad ... but the best looking guy doesn't always get the girl.

I mean ... Allie isn't exactly chopped liver and something about Max has connected with her and seems to appeal to a lot of people.

Of those left, I think Max is actually perfect for this role.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Who is still left? I missed a few episodes..
    And now he's wrapped around her finger,
    She's the center of his whole world.
    And his heart belongs to that sweet little beautiful, wonderful, perfect All-American Girl.

Thanks, Lois.
    Quote Originally Posted by AngliDee;2280009;
    Who is still left? I missed a few episodes..
    Those still in the running are Allie Schulz, Ashley Spencer, and Laura Osnes for the girls, and Austin Miller, Derek Keeling and Max Crumm for the guys.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123