+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 3/4/07 Show Discussion **spoilers**

There are some cute videos of Max and Ashley on Youtube dancing together after hours and goofing around, along with Austin and Laura, and some other folks. Surprisingly, even after all the contentious bad blood the show seems fond of putting out there, they look like they all get along together. I like the premise of the show and think it could be very entertaining if they'd just cut out the ridiculous dramatics. Show us more of who these people really are (so we care), their practice sessions, acting lessons, etc. Cut out the long pauses between.every.single.word. coming out of the mouths of Billy and Whatshername. Show us less of the judges and more of the contestants, and a lot less of the cohosts.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Since Grease the movie was on yesterday I watched and tried to imagine which contestants could best step into the characters. What stood out to me was the fact that Sandy and Danny are pretty extreme characters to eachother, in looks, live experience, etc., but they have similarities too, just not as obvious.

During the scene when Danny runs track and stumbles on the hurdle, Sandy is flirting with the school jock--I realized that we need a Danny that could actually steal a gal from the school jock--also, when Cha Cha shows up at the dance we need a Danny that believably has been with a gal like Cha Cha and that Cha Cha would want again. I still don't know which Danny I think can handle the role best and realize the stage version is different than the movie but these 2 scenes stood out to me as good points to look for in a Danny. Now, why do I care so much??!!

FORT Fogey
    I enjoy this show. I do have tivo and that contributes to my viewing pleasure. I probably only watch 15 to 20 minutes of it. There are countless opportunities to FF other than commercials.

Anyway, what do we think? Ashley/Derek final?

I'm voting for Laura and Austin. See the thread from last night's (3/11) show for more posts.

Emily

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbat;2276492;
    I enjoy this show. I do have tivo and that contributes to my viewing pleasure. I probably only watch 15 to 20 minutes of it. There are countless opportunities to FF other than commercials.

Anyway, what do we think? Ashley/Derek final?
    Max/Laura
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    I want it to be Austin/Laura.

But I think the winners will be Max/Laura. If Laura does win, I hope they don't stick a blonde wig on her. She's so pretty as a brunette!

FORT Regular
    I hope it is Max. Max is the true triple threat but hanging in the balance is the “believability” factor. I know that Max has an uphill battle here but for me Max is the only actor that delivers complex interesting performances week after week. He really does have a natural ability to get to the essence of a song and deliver it in a way that is connected to its lyrics. I love this about him and IMO this is what sets him apart from both Derek and Austin. He’s shown tremendous growth over the past couple of months and has done everything that the panel has asked him to do and more. I have to think that he would be a director’s dream. Max’s performance last night was once again the best of the evening. His vocals were good and he acted the song. I am glad that Kathryn Marshall gave Max the nod last night. Rob Marshall’s approval was more subtly delivered. He praised both Max and Laura for approaching their songs as actors. In fact, I think that Max was the only one of the three guys that he did not advise to remember to “always” play the character (Danny) with his songs.

I'm not sure about Sandy yet. We have only seen a single duet for any of the actors and so it is impossible to get a read across finalists on chemistry --- a hugh factor IMO in casting these roles. I do hope that we get to see duets between the two final Sandys and Dannys next week. Otherwise, any decisions regarding chemistry is pure speculation.

I'm voting for Max and Ashley. I think once Allie gets some more experience under her belt, she could make it on Broadway. I just think her age might have something to do with it. She really is talented.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345